Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP content. What happened?

Ok. Most of old members know this already. I have been an active poster for a long long long long time and I have seen CP deteriorate into a board that is used by people to promote or sell or advertise stuff. What the hell happened? Look at the todays front page of the NewYork section. All topics on the page have to do with promotions, auctions of Tiesto tables or selling somthing or promoting of a party. Isnt there a separate forum for that? Where are the moderators or the Admins? Shouldnt the New York forum be about the New York and not a party flyer? Thoughts?

Originally posted by tottallyoff

Where are the moderators or the Admins?

I'm right here. And if you think the amount of promotions and bullshit on this board is bad, you should see it before DaVe and the other administrators and Shannon and I move half the damn garbage into their respectable forums.

Ok. Most of old members know this already. I have been an active poster for a long long long long time and I have seen CP deteriorate into a board that is used by people to promote or sell or advertise stuff. What the hell happened? Look at the todays front page of the NewYork section. All topics on the page have to do with promotions, auctions of Tiesto tables or selling somthing or promoting of a party. Isnt there a separate forum for that? Where are the moderators or the Admins? Shouldnt the New York forum be about the New York and not a party flyer? Thoughts?

I have been visiting this site since the clubnyc days, and i swear to god, someone posts this exact same post EVERY GOD DAMN MONTH!

mike... the problem is that the 35290823905692036 promotions on the NY board are PAID for... so they're not going anywhere...

i came to the same conclusion as you when i opened the ny board a while back and there were NINE stickies of crap... you need to scroll a page and a half before you even get to real threads.... F this S.

Everyone left w/ the massive defection to ezdreamer.com and naughtybooth.

They talk all day about BS like the old days here, but they are an older/reformed crowd. I don't know for sure but I suspect there are a lot of 18-21 peeps here...

Has anyone seen Charlie anyway?

See....all the silly shit usta be why people read cp.

all the drama...and all the Quoth v.s. JoeG threads and the such...but now...i even say to myself...WHY THE FUCK DO I POST?

CP has more or less just run its course plain and simple.

its time for the newbies to take over and start posting the same topics that we have posted and the people have posted before us....and the people before us.....and the people before us....and...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Originally posted by quoth

all the drama...and all the Quoth v.s. JoeG threads and the such...but now...i even say to myself...WHY THE FUCK DO I POST?

its time for the newbies to take over and start posting the same topics that we have posted and the people have posted before us....and the people before us.....and the people before us....and...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

there will never be another SmokeSum

Originally posted by quoth

yeah seriously... there used to be a lot of funny shit worth replying to... now if you have the patience to get past the promotions... theres just a lot of boring threads about things everyone already knows and has nothing left to say on the matter...

Bottom line - CP turned into a flyer.

and what do we do with flyers? politely take them from the person handing them out, and throw them in the trash as soon as we get out of viewing distance... ;)