Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC veteran heading to L.A.

Been there done that (NYC, Miami). Have a business trip and taking an extended wknd to check the scene.

Any suggestions??? Will be there Friday 8/1 and Saturday 8/2. Also looking to get a hotel that is kind of in the "middle of everything".

Into HardTrance but am more interested in experiencing the hotspots/scene during my brief stay there.

Help!!!:eek:

hey

I have a guestlist going with the highlands tonight, a hot spot for sure, especially if you are from out of town, as the VIP floor is overlooking L.A., the view is incredible and the girls are hot too!!!

lol

just e-mail me asap saschainla@yahoo.com so I can add you to my list

if anyone else wants to check it out, e-mail me too, but b4 Friday 6PM

alex

Up To Date Info on Los Angeles Nightclubs, Bars And More @

http://alexatucla.tripod.com/welcome.html

edit

uups, just saw u were looking for august first, lol,...well, I can add you to my list on the first too, just e-mail me,. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Need a place to goto Friday (8/1) and Saturday night (8/2). Staying at The Standard on Sunset. Is this a good choice??? I can still change it. Ready for suggestions, ideas, tips and guestlists.

Have a car and fiance'. Like Hard Trance but more interested in the nightlife this visit then the music.

Read all the stickies...all the threads (Alex's site)...but it all seems to change by the week. At least in NYC...I know a place will be hot for a while and not change like the weather. I feel like such a rookie on the left coast.

Been there many many times...but never for fun...mostly for b'ness. I'm ready for some fun this time 'round!

:aaah:

Standard is good but pricey. You're basically in the heart of the very crowded western section of the sunset strip with very popular bars and bar/restarauants around you, lots and lots of food traffic in a bar/lounge/restaurant like scene ... if you have a car, exit the standard and go down to FOUNTAIN BLVD (one block south and parallel to sunset blvd) to head out to party because generally sunset any night is just bumper to bumper and you'll get stuck in traffic and get frustrated.

If you want to party at places like Deep or Forbidden City or Ivar or Cinespace or White Lotus then maybe consider staying at the Renaissance at the Hollwyood and Highland complex (home also to the Highlands nightclub) -- it's a skyscraper hotel as opposed to the uscale midsize oh-so-posh Standard (different types of hotels). Deep, Ivar, etc. are all on the eastern section of Hollywood right next to each other (you gotta move the car from the Reinassance) -- see the LALate thread review on Forbidden City below -- it explains this eastern section of Hollywood for you.

Enjoy.

The renaissance hotel is a good choice. I have stayed there before and there is so much to do during the day if you are also interested in things like shopping, movies, restaurants, pool. Its been pretty hot these couple weeks so if you wanted to go to the beaches, there about a 20 min drive.

As far as clubbing, i can only tell you about the places i go to but there are many more clubs. It all depends what kind of scene your looking for. Im a music head, so deciding where to go for me is more like deciding what dj i want to hear spin.

RED has Uberzone live this friday. This club is Downtown LA though. Its not too far from Hollywood - maybe a 15 minute drive or less.

Wax@TheLarchmont has LARRY HEARD on Saturday. Its House music all night long.

Spundae@Circus has Charles Feelgood, Nigel Richards, Todd Prophet. I think you will like this club alot. It is big, friendly vibes, and good music.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by sandiegino

As far as clubbing, i can only tell you about the places i go to but there are many more clubs. It all depends what kind of scene your looking for. Im a music head, so deciding where to go for me is more like deciding what dj i want to hear spin.

Hope this helps

I am the same way (music decides where i go) when I go out here (which is NYC). I am into Hard Trance. Kinda technish but not really. Only problem with my taste of music is I am 30 y/o and the music I have a passion for is usually...not always...but usually loaded with the younger crowds. That I don't have a problem with...it's the kids that can't hadnle their shit and ravers and all that jazz. I'm way off topic though. Thanks for you help...I am collecting and printing all comments out like a geek so I can refer to them when I get there. Prolly won't hit the beach...just drive down there and check them out...be really touristy.

DJ's I worship: Mauro Picotto, Kai Tracid, Scot Project

I have a Friday and Saturday night to party. Thursday I gotta lay low b/c I have meeting Fri morning (like everyone cares) :puke:

hey,

if you like to check out the Highlands on Friday, which is a pretty good club, overlooking L.A>(very nice views, especially if you are coming from out of town) just e-mail me and I can put you on my VIP list,no waiting in line, plus access to the 5th VIP dancefloor and lounge....

Guys are discounted $15 all night, girls free b4 11PM

saschainla@yahoo.com

bhtw, this is good for everyone on the Messageboard ;)

For Up To Date Info On Los Angeles Nightclubs, Bars, Cool Places to hang and more, check out my website@ http://alexatucla.tripod.com/welcome.html

Highlands on Friday is about main-stream hip-hop. Really fun crowd though! They have a house DJ upstairs, but there isn't really a dance floor and the music isn't very good. The upstairs is awesome though! When you're all hot and sweaty from the downstairs rump-shakin it's a beautiful place to cool off, have a drink and chat with the hottie you just met downstairs.

Ended up going to cinespeace on friday...joya and spundae...i think.

stayed at renassance/hollywood....very nice hotel. good time overall. music like nyc but i think that was my fault...my fiance was more into the club itself then me or who more into the music.

thanks all for your help

oh. Alex...your site literally made my entire trip. It was very very very big help. I printed out almost every section and put it in a geeky binder. we kept it in the car the ENTIRE time.