Clubplanet Nightlife Community

abs

how often do u train then?.....whats ur routine?

i ve been hearing so many different suggestions..im

looking for a new ab set-up ...i have the outlines..but i wannna really get deffinition..u know.....

i train them once a week with shoulders ..seems to be working well..7 sets pretty hard.....

so what yah got ?

thanks

Just a heads up -- I'm sure you know this already, but in case some people don't: you don't get definition by training abs. You can make your abs larger so they stand out more, but real definition comes from low bodyfat.

If you're training abs once a week and it seems to be working well, stick with it! :)

Originally posted by linabina

i do abs about 3-4x a week... i was once told to do them after every workout but idk bout that... abs are muscles too and they need time to rest just like any other muscle group...

That's true -- abs should be exercised with the same frequency as any other muscle group.

Abs can be trained 2-3 times per week.

Fitness mags will give you routines that will hit all of the muscle groups of abs: transversus, internal and external oblique, as well as the rectus abdominis.

I say they are nuts. If it is a thin waste line and a 6 pack that you are looking for - then all that needs to be work is the abs (rectus abdominis) - the other muscles are underneath and working on them will only make your waste larger. As far as the obliques - these seem to be a favorite of women, but it will only make your waste wider.

Stick with crunches and leg raises and a good diet. The other muscles in the torso will get enough work while doing other things. (I'm not talking to the people who have back problems and need to work on their stomach for strength._

Nautica

Originally posted by ladyshady

abs everyday

they look like they do for a reason

yeah, because of a low bodyfat percentage!

abs are muscles and need rest just like the other muscles do in order to grow stronger in the most efficiently.

*edit* my grammar is horrible. what i meant was:

abs are muscles and need rest just like the other muscles do in order to grow stronger in the most efficient fashion.

Originally posted by wideskies

yeah, because of a low bodyfat percentage!

abs are muscles and need rest just like the other muscles do in order to grow stronger in the most efficiently.

i am aware that muscles need a rest and shouldnt be worked on everyday. i guess i should have made myself more clear.

i do not work on them as extensively everyday. just 4, or somtimes 5 days a week. the other days, yes i work on them, but not as much. i will do a light ab workout. even if it is just a few sit-ups, i still like to do it to keep up with it.

so yes, it is an everyday thing, varying in the amount of time and effort put into each workout.

i am aware that muscles need a rest and shouldnt be worked on everyday. i guess i should have made myself more clear.

i do not work on them as extensively everyday. just 4, or somtimes 5 days a week. the other days, yes i work on them, but not as much. i will do a light ab workout. even if it is just a few sit-ups, i still like to do it to keep up with it.

so yes, it is an everyday thing, varying in the amount of time and effort put into each workout.

You haven't explained WHY they should be worked out so frequently.

watch it you, with your genetics comments..lol

well maybe it does have something to do with genetics, but i worked hard for years trying to get in shape and most importantly, stay in shape

ahah nah ... it sounds like u do..so u deserve them ..but somtimes i get so jealous of the ppl with great physical genetics

Originally posted by fineones

ahah nah ... it sounds like u do..so u deserve them ..but somtimes i get so jealous of the ppl with great physical genetics

think of it like this. don't be jealous. with my physical genetics, our children will have awesome bodies. and we both might shed a few extra pounds trying to make the babies :tongue:

:laugh:

think of it like this. don't be jealous. with my physical genetics, our children will have awesome bodies. and we both might shed a few extra pounds trying to make the babies :tongue:

:laugh:

haha ..very true...i cant wait for the kids to have jacked abs ..lol

Originally posted by rackham

Now you know. ;)

So... why do you work abs so frequently?

all this back and forth posting for such a simple answer I am going to give you....because I like to.

I just like to work on my ab and stomach muscles.

I think having a tight, fit stomach is attractive.

I like the way it looks and it makes me feel good about myself to see the fruits of my labor from working on it so much.

How's that?

all this back and forth posting for such a simple answer I am going to give you....because I like to.

I just like to work on my ab and stomach muscles.

I think having a tight, fit stomach is attractive.

I like the way it looks and it makes me feel good about myself to see the fruits of my labor from working on it so much.

How's that?

Hey, I'm not trying to bring you down. I just think that your tight-looking stomach probably has a lot more to do with your low bodyfat. What I'm trying to find out is why you think doing abs so frequently is best for you. Muscle tissue typically takes longer than two days to heal...

Originally posted by rackham

Hey, I'm not trying to bring you down. I just think that your tight-looking stomach probably has a lot more to do with your low bodyfat. What I'm trying to find out is why you think doing abs so frequently is best for you. Muscle tissue typically takes longer than two days to heal...

No, I understand where you're comming from.

It probally does have something to do with low bodyfat.

But I've tried different techniques...abs 4 days then 2 days off..5 days then 2 days off..every 2 days...etc etc

Personally, I've found that it works the best for me if I work everyday, doing 4 or 5 days with a hard work out, and the others pretty light.

I dunno, that's what works for me. I guess to each thier own