Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will the new Crobar downtown have a patio?

milano

Originally posted by tranzwhore

um nothing is confirmed yet!

Last night I was told the patio at the old Space was never supposed to have operated as a club, as it is the loading zone of the warehouse.

This is what you heard?

Originally posted by tranzwhore

how much do you think a liquor license runs these days?

The original 24-hour liquor licenses were free, you just had to have a solid development plan, and have something up within a year of getting the license. Now, the licenses come with whatever building they were originally tied to, so their value is included with the lease/purchase...

Originally posted by pod

The original 24-hour liquor licenses were free, you just had to have a solid development plan, and have something up within a year of getting the license. Now, the licenses come with whatever building they were originally tied to, so their value is included with the lease/purchase...

When are you going to open your own club (or become a Club Lawyer?) You know way 2 much!!! :laugh:

Liquor licenses are given by the state and all state licenses are technically 24 hour licenses. They are distributed by the state by county. One license for every 10,000 residents in that county. Each city then regulates the operating hours of there liquor businesses.

Liquor license prices are based by supply and demand. In dade county they go for about 35-45 k. Note. In key west (where there will be no more 10,000 residents moving in) they go for about 320,000 K. Pinellas county where I had my club, we bought our last one for 65k.

Licenses are easy to come by (except key west). There are people that finance liquor licenses all day long as they are an equity asset.

Now, I do not know how the city of miami regulates the 24 thing except I know its between this street and this street and that avenue and that avenue. That is why I/O, located only 3 blocks away, does not have a 24 hour license.

If anyone ever needs help with this kind of thing, I know liquor law very well and I am available for private consultation. Plus I have the liquor broker hookup.

Joe Budious

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

If anyone ever needs help with this kind of thing, I know liquor law very well and I am available for private consultation. Plus I have the liquor broker hookup.

Hey Joe, do you know if you need a special license to drive a school bus??? :confused::tongue::D