Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question...

i3itch

Yea I didn't know where I shoulda posted this thread so I stuck it here...

Me and my boyfriend have been off and on for like 4 years and his parents live in Europe. They're flying in next week to meet me but the thing is... They don't speak english, and I don't speak what they speak. So... I need to figure out ways to impress them without coming off like a dik. Any ideas?! :confused:

They're flying in from Austria I believe... I learned the basic things like Good Morning and Hi.. How are you... That kind of stuff. But I can't have a conversation with them. I also learned how to cook like 2 or 3 dishes but they're gonna be staying with us for 3 weeks so I'm nervous :(

Originally posted by i3itch

Yea I didn't know where I shoulda posted this thread so I stuck it here...

Me and my boyfriend have been off and on for like 4 years and his parents live in Europe. They're flying in next week to meet me but the thing is... They don't speak english, and I don't speak what they speak. So... I need to figure out ways to impress them without coming off like a dik. Any ideas?! :confused:

Tell um to learn the language before they come... ;)

Nah just playin... Like reeni said. Try to learn a couple of polite words...

Question : Does your boyfriend speak the language. If so, You can always use him to interpret. It is kinda a rough situation. But I am sure they understand that you don't know the language and I am sure they are not expecting to be able to communicate that well...

Good Luck sweetie. :kiss2:

well always try to have your boyfriend around so it wont be to

awkard when they start talking

my ex is spanish his mother and father didnt speak any english so I know how you feel.....they could talk about me I had no clue what there were talking about:laugh:

As long as you know the basic stuff you will be fine for the time being....Since they are staying for a good amount of time just try to pick up on the language a little & even try getting them to say stuff in english

And since you know how to cook a few dishes......Making them a dinner will probably be a nice surprise.....

Good Luck!! :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Thats what I'm saying. His parents are gonna be calling me every name in the book and I'm gonna sit there nodding my head with my Kool-Aid smile... :cuss:

nah...they are prob. just as nervous about it as you are...they wont understand you either...:tongue:

Thats what I'm saying. His parents are gonna be calling me every name in the book and I'm gonna sit there nodding my head with my Kool-Aid smile... :cuss:

I can see it now...

Them - ( #&$^%#& - %^$* - %*@ )

You - Oh thank you. That is so kind

Boyfriend - Baby they just asked you if we were sleeping together. :laugh:

...i'm gonna sound like a dick but what else is new...

...shouldnt you be more concerned about where your relationship is going and/or why it's "on and off for four years"...then how to impress his parents?...idk...just a thought...

Originally posted by phatman

...shouldnt you be more concerned about where your relationship is going and/or why it's "on and off for four years"...then how to impress his parents?...idk...just a thought...

Good point... I was thinking somewhere along those lines. But didn't want to be the one to make the comment. :(

Originally posted by phatman

Na hun you don't sound like a dik.. You asked a simple question and I can see what you're talking about.

The whole on/off thing is a long story... We basically started out young and we used to butt heads a lot but now we're more mature and we're on the right track (So I think and hope...) But I think even still... 4 years, his parents wanna know who hes been with don't they? :confused:

...depends on what he told them...lol...jk...

...i personally would go to borders and pick up a couple light books...one on the country, one on the language, and one on the food...don't take on too much because you'll be juggling too much...just learn essentials...most foreigners appreciate any level of effort...so should they...best of luck...

That's so wrong! Now I got something else to worry about!

But seriously... thanks a lot for the responses you guys! :D

Just make sure you say the right thing at the right time...

Don't screw up and be like " Your husband has a nice ass " I don't think that would go over too well. :laugh:

And you never answered my question... Does your boyfriend speak the language?