Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>I BOUGHT a NEW PUPPY...

Originally posted by weyes

but i advocate getting pooches from the pound if anyone here is thinking of getting one. it's so sad to think of their dreary lives in cramped cages and the deaths they can't escape if not adopted.

and, as bob barker says, spay and neuter 'em, kids!

yes, my friend's boss got a beautiful German Shepherd from a pound .

hey glow...yo quero taco bell :hat:

My mother has 4 Chihuahuas one of them is a Teacup... Gotta be careful when I am at her house and that little sucker is running around. Don't wanna step on him.

She makes clothes for him out of socks ( And they are still to big )... He is sooooo tiny...

I will have to post a picture sometime... :D

Originally posted by misk

..i must have one...i have wanted a chihuahua for a while...but NOW...that i know they come EVEN SMALLER....well......i just MUST ..........

There is alot to know about Tea Cup dogs though...

They have to be hand fed approx 4 times a day. They have to be cared for alot more than ordinary dogs. My mother was telling me something about they can easily suffer from hypoglicemia (SP) and something to do with the liver and kidneys.

She told me instead of someone going for a Tea Cup if they do not have the time to care for it constantly. They can go for a smaller Chihuahua from a father and mother who are already small. She told me her dog is not a Tea Cup but it will get no larger than 5-6lbs.

Originally posted by Reeni

buy me a doggie pweeze Misk:D

.....SUUUUUURE!!!!!!!

..and fuck!...there is no way i can be home to feed 4 times....shit!......i will take him EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! in a bag........................

Originally posted by elementx

There is alot to know about Tea Cup dogs though...

They have to be hand fed approx 4 times a day. They have to be cared for alot more than ordinary dogs. My mother was telling me something about they can easily suffer from hypoglicemia (SP) and something to do with the liver and kidneys.

She told me instead of someone going for a Tea Cup if they do not have the time to care for it constantly. They can go for a smaller Chihuahua from a father and mother who are already small. She told me her dog is not a Tea Cup but it will get no larger than 5-6lbs.

VERY TRUE!!!! My puppy had a hypoglycemic shock....her sugar levels dropped and she looked paralyzed...I RUSHED her to the 24 Hour VET emergency room and they had to give her an IV & Glucose injection...she stayed @ the hospital overnight, but now she is OK...THANK GOD!!! the place where I bought her FAILED to explain to me VERY important things about maintaining her sugar levels....

Having a Teacup is A LOTTTT of Work UNTIL they reach 2 pounds or 6 months old (whichever comes first), then they are a like having a regular small dog....

If anyone here is thinking of getting a Teacup dog, I strongly suggest you buy one that is AT LEAST 3-4 months old....

I LOVE my teacup TECHNA soooooo MUCH, and I take her everywhere with me... she weighs 15 ounces.

HERE are some VERY impotant FACTS you should read if you want a TEACUP Pupppy: (I had to write them because my friend is going to watch her when I go on vacation)

Nutri-Cal: (the tube) Give 6-7 times a day.

Squeeze on your finger the same amount as you would put toothpaste on your toothbrush. She will lick it off your finger. IF she doesn’t, YOU HAVE to FORCE it in her mouth. Right before she goes to sleep, give her double the dosage. This is what keeps her from having a Hypoglycemic Shock. (seizures,passing,white gums out etc.)

ALWAYS Carry this Tube with you, EVERYWHERE you Go.

Food: feed at least 3 times a day.

If she doesn’t eat on her own, you can put the following foods in the syringe (the plastic tube that a needle usually goes in):

1-Any type of Gerber Baby food that’s in a jar…no chunks in it.

2-The Wet Canned food (Eukanuba high calorie diet Cans)

-She should eat at LEAST 2 FULL NEEDLE DOSES everytime

she eats (6ml)…Even if she FREAKS out, she HAS to eat J

…start squirting small amounts (1 CC at a time) into the far back corner of the her mouth, taking a break about every 4 CC's for the her to stand up and get composed. If she vomits, stop feeding her, & let her relax, she’ll be ok.

...First Try and see if she eats on her own.

You can Put in a very small shallow bowl the following:

---Wet Canned Food (Eukanuba, or Mighty Dog, or Cesar) basically any canned wet food that is made for small dogs & puppies. She should eat about a Can a Day in at least 3 doses (but not the Big Can,that’s should take about 3 days for her to finish it) . If the wet food has been sitting out for more than 6 hours and she hasn’t eaten it, THROW it out, and FORCE Feed her with the Syringe.

---Gerber Baby Food: Small Jar a Day (but must eat in at least 3 times a day…or if you want, try feeding her 4 times a day with smaller doses.

---Turkey or Ham Sliced (Cut it up in Tiny pieces)

---Vanilla Yogurt as a snack or mix it with her DRY food. You can give her some peanut butter too.

---Friskies canned Food (any Flavor…& its ok that it’s Cat food)

---You can also take wet food, baby food, nutri-cal ,dry food and water and smoosh it up until it becomes like paste then put that into a syringe and feed it to her. That will give her the best nutrients all at ONCE J

WATER: Should be Left out for her ALL DAY & DRY FOOD as well. You could add a drop of honey in her water to ensure that she is getting her sugar for the day.

SYMPTOMS of HYPOGLYCEMIA

-White gums, rolled up eyes, inability to stand up straight ,seizures, & disoriented. Check her Gums everyday to make sure they are bright red/pink like Human gums color...if they are pale, give her NUTRI-CAL right away...that means her sugar levels are LOW.

-A hypoglycemic attack USUALLY HAPPENS Overnight or when very stressed out or not eating and their blood sugar level drops below normal...

-If you see her passing out, or her eyes rolling back or just falls over out of the blue on her side and you see her having a seizure, RIGHT AWAY:

GIVE her ONE FULL Syringe Needle SLOWLY of “TINIC VITAMIN SUPPLMENT†(it’s the medicine bottle with the GREEN CAP)

Then get the NUTRI-CAL Tube and open her mouth and make sure she eats it.

Then wrap her in something very warm & take her to the EMERGENCY VET Hospital that’s Overnight or if happens during the Daytime take her to the Vet…the Closest one to you.

She shouldn’t Run Around a lot & should NOT sleep in Air Conditioner. She has to ALWAYS be kept warm with a blanket under her and over her. She should never sleep on a floor surface without a blanket or her bed.

attachment.php?postid=1621861