• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by andrewthomas

cdj loops you mean olol

if it was to sample it would be an on demand source but the cdj can only loop

stryke dont know anything i got to teach him everything

how sad:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hmmm....how can you loop something without actually sampling it?! easy young padawan, your thoughts betray you...the force is strong in you, but unguided...back to the academy to study your lessons young one... (i've been playing star wars:knights of the republic waaaay too much recently).

Originally posted by stryke303

hmmm....how can you loop something without actually sampling it?! easy young padawan, your thoughts betray you...the force is strong in you, but unguided...back to the academy to study your lessons young one... (i've been playing star wars:knights of the republic waaaay too much recently).

:laugh: :laugh:

"Obey G has taught you well, but you are not a jedi knight yet!" (stryke pulls the switch and Andrew is suddenly frozen in carbonite and sent to emperor Puig as his prize with his hat and sneakers.)

Guest saleen351

speaking of stars wars, i have the best mix of their theme song, but never go the track id... track is doppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppe!

i'll rip a sample this week, to see if you guys can id it!

hahahaha

why i said it isnt samples is cause when u hit the loop in it remembers the timestamp of the in and when u press out it remembers that time as well so it just loops having the laser re-read the specific time in the loop

from what i know , or thought, sample means to actually RECORD a sound/loop/sample..

if you were able to sample with the cdj u would be able to remove the cd from the cdj, and the sample would still be playing..

am i wrong or does the cdj actually let u remove the cd and still play the loop?

then again i dont own a cdj and know all the exact features, but those are just somethings i know

Originally posted by saleen351

speaking of stars wars, i have the best mix of their theme song, but never go the track id... track is doppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppe!

i'll rip a sample this week, to see if you guys can id it!

jonathan peters - imperial march

thats deff ur track u talkin about lolol

Guest saleen351

YO AT, i hope it's that track, so get me a copy... track is doppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppe!!!!

my copy is mixed into and out of ...

hahahaha

why i said it isnt samples is cause when u hit the loop in it remembers the timestamp of the in and when u press out it remembers that time as well so it just loops having the laser re-read the specific time in the loop

from what i know , or thought, sample means to actually RECORD a sound/loop/sample..

if you were able to sample with the cdj u would be able to remove the cd from the cdj, and the sample would still be playing..

am i wrong or does the cdj actually let u remove the cd and still play the loop?

then again i dont own a cdj and know all the exact features, but those are just somethings i know

btw, you know i'm only messin w/ ya andrew....i heart u. you're right, if you remove the cd from the player in the cdj, there is no "cache" for the actual sample...however that's the case in all of my samplers in my studio as well. if i don't save the sample to my sampler's hard drive and i turn it off...the sample is gone. that doesn't take away from the actual definition of sampling. in order for something to be looped, it must be sampled...which in this case means that the engine must set index points (an A point for start and a B point for end/loop) in order to play back the "sample." blah blah blah blah blah blah...now back to the board's more important discussions on gossip, crap, and the like.

YO AT, i hope it's that track, so get me a copy... track is doppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppe!!!!

my copy is mixed into and out of ...

mad deep basslines and has a nice synth

whos cd was it u heard it on

the JP one is mad old say atleast like 3 years

Originally posted by stryke303

btw, you know i'm only messin w/ ya andrew....i heart u. you're right, if you remove the cd from the player in the cdj, there is no "cache" for the actual sample...however that's the case in all of my samplers in my studio as well. if i don't save the sample to my sampler's hard drive and i turn it off...the sample is gone. that doesn't take away from the actual definition of sampling. in order for something to be looped, it must be sampled...which in this case means that the engine must set index points (an A point for start and a B point for end/loop) in order to play back the "sample." blah blah blah blah blah blah...now back to the board's more important discussions on gossip, crap, and the like.

i :heart: you too mr:bowdown: :dj: lolol

yea i didnt know loops on cd players worked on a catche like system, i thought it just had the lasers re-read the info..

on my mpc2000 i know everything gets deleted if not saved and same with every other sampler

Guest saleen351

mad deep basslines and has a nice synth

whos cd was it u heard it on

the JP one is mad old say atleast like 3 years

Boris Live on KTU, couple years old...

its soooooooooooooooooooooo phat.... give og a copy... :D

Boris Live on KTU, couple years old...

its soooooooooooooooooooooo phat.... give og a copy... :D

haa

definitly JP then

i knew it was JP cause he has the only good mix of any starars track ever

i got a copy, ill go diggin for it i know i got it somehere

no more FREE VIP TABLES for me...i am still hurting and its Monday...got there early and hit the open bar...i was putting good use to the open bar, but then "some" bartenders started saying open bar was closed, at 1230? i thought it said 3? well it was only one bartender, the others pretty much followed the rules...but then when the mainroom opened and u went to hit the open bar (its 115 am right about now) "all" the bartenders started saying that open bar was closed, unless u had a band...WTF?? well considering that most of my sisters friends came with little money...they dipped early...and missed a great set by Roly and of course Oscar G...Roly just destroyed the main room before OG got on...chilled with Roly up in the booth as he worked his magic on the decks (whats up with u wearing the Orioles batting jersey? MARLINS BABY!!!)....feeling scared and threatened by being sandwhiched between to rooms of hip hop ("Hip Hop to the right of me...Hip Hop above me..") i searched for Biz who took care of us for the VIP TABLE...just as promised i had a bottle of Grey Goose waiting for us....got pretty bent on the VIP (i am convinced...House music is of God and liquor is of the Devil!!)...dipped the VIP for a moment and went down stairs and bumped into some CPers (Steffy and Sobeton), chilled with them for a while and hit the booth to go bother OG...OG was laying one sick track after the other....disgusting set by OG....one of the best nights at Space that i have with just the locals...i even saw a "blow up doll" being thrown around the main room...they threw it into the booth and Roly grabbed "her" and then the doll pulled the train horn during a OG blow up (no pun intended)...chilled with steffy, meli and sobeton the rest of the night...hit the patio for some Roly patio funk (Thank God the Hippty Hoppers had left by then)...left Space at 615 and staggered to the car, hurting but not broken....OG and Roly really layed down the good stuff on Saturday-Sunday....and a big THANK YOU to LP for providing the bottle and the table...thanks to Biz for taking care of us...we were already finished with our bottle, when Biz asked us if we could "give up" our table for Oakie...i said sure, but i need to take a picture on Oakie's lap with a sign saying: TRANCE SUCKS....couldnt find Biz or Oakie after that comment...but it was still a great night....great hanging with: meli, steffy (great seeing u out..had a blast with ya), sobeton (i could tell u were dead..u werent ur self at Space), Nmotion and Candy (u guys are like Batman and Robin...partners in crime)...hell of a night at Space...

Alright.....after I went through the hell of being at NV and made it over to Sspace, things were out of control. The place is amazing..music was insane BUT we heard Oscar G up here at Surf Club a few weeks back....and I found myself in Miami, wishing I was in NJ. Where is the vibe/energy in that place? The music would be crankin and it doesn't even seem like it phases anyone. Bring NJ energy to Space and let Tsettos an OG tear it up....off the hook!!! :eek:

Originally posted by summer98

Alright.....after I went through the hell of being at NV and made it over to Sspace, things were out of control. The place is amazing..music was insane BUT we heard Oscar G up here at Surf Club a few weeks back....and I found myself in Miami, wishing I was in NJ. Where is the vibe/energy in that place? The music would be crankin and it doesn't even seem like it phases anyone. Bring NJ energy to Space and let Tsettos an OG tear it up....off the hook!!! :eek:

damn! u sound like the perfect gf for the Saleen.:D

Havent been posting much lately but just wanted to say what a great night I had at Space Sat....

Lets seeeeeeee....

Ok was gonna go see Oakie but decided not to pay the $40 to hear him for two hours and then leave cuz there was noone else on that roster I would have stayed for, but I had checked out NV earlier in the week and love the place, so next event, I'm def there.

So, headed over to Space at 2 with manjibu and sobeton, finally found a parking spot and got right in (thanx Tony for that :D ) Hearing the hip-hop blaring from the patio while online to go into Space was weird to say the least. Place was pretty packed, but you could at least move around, OG had just gone on and the place was goin nuts. Tried to catch the last hour of open bar but of course there was a catch, you had to be in by 1am to get the band for open bar til 3. Oh well, went to finally find Jesse, Meli, and their friends. Everybody knows I'm usually not a house fan but OG had the best set I've ever heard, I was sober the whole night and def couldnt stop dancing, lol. He even dropped (not sure but about 80%) Marco's Revolt with Revolution vocals over it :confused: it was hot and sounded awesome in the main room. Also he played a mix of Dark Beat which I had never heard and actually liked. Then Candy and NMotion finally arrived hours later (brian I want those pics btw ;) )

Went up to the patio as soon as all the hip-hoppers were cleared out to listen to Roly a bit, not as crowded up there and everyone could just chill and listen to his set which wasnt bad...played the usual: Clocks, I'm on a High, etc. BUT hearing the remix of the White Stripes was awesome (not better than Liebings remix but I'll take it ;) ) ran into rcrespo and arturo with MS up there (good to see you guys :) ) OK PLEASE GET FANS FOR THE PATIO!! Fcuking hot up there...

Went back down to catch the last part of OG's set...he played Never and As the Rush Comes which I was surprised about but didnt complain :) Then MS came on a little b4 6. Didnt get to stay for his whole set even tho I wanted to (was dead tired and too much partying Fri night ;) ) but he seemed to open well, nice transition from OG ending with that mix of Dark Beat, again.

Thanx to everyone for a great time Meli and Jesse (you guys are the best), Meli's friends hysterical and hope to see them again, majinbu, sobeton (we forgot the damn feather outfits, again :mad:;) ), arturo and Harold, nice to finally meet Mursa, Candy & Nmotion (was that you guys waking me up at 9am?? ;) ), Roger, & last but not least rcrespo (I owe you a 7 nation army :cool: )

Whoa that was a long one, dont think I would even read through all that, lol, see you all soon :D

are you serious ?? no vibe/ energy in the place.:confused: OG was destroying the mainroom, and people where going crazy. f*ck even had a dance circle going, at the beginning of MS set. :laugh: I'm not sure what you consider, a vibe and energy to consist of :confused:

The jersey scene is light years ahead of us. IMO the Jersey has the best vibe in the country.

Originally posted by arturob

yeah.. like 30 minutes :D dropped Marco V's "C:\Del" and killed me... i was really shocked to hear him play this track :D :D :D

:mad: I missed!! Shoulda pounded more red bull :D

No track listing arturo :confused: You're slackin buddy ;)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i even saw a "blow up doll" being thrown around the main room...they threw it into the booth and Roly grabbed "her" and then the doll pulled the train horn during a OG blow up (no pun intended)...

Here you go: The blow up doll in question..... :D

612345blowupdoll.jpg

what a bad girl....