Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moo, let me help you with the critics!

first off, you guys say(christianjay/wakeup) jersey sucks, the music is cheese (except rydell and santana), and the whole political/nightclub/dj whatever is killing the clubscene........first off let me start with the music......todays music sucks! period(as far as dance)......you can all thank yourselves for that by downloading for free.......christianjay/wakeup, you need to understand people are not "educated musically" like yourselves nor do they want to be.. the vast majority of people want to hear what they know(with the exception of a few others on the boards). i work friday happy hour at d'jais and play everyting from metallica, dion, cypress hill, amuka to deb cox ;and you know what you stupid fucks.....a packed bar sings every song and spends a shitload of money at the bar......nightclubs survive by people droppin cash and they drop that much more when there happy.....music is regressing, face it, why do you think there are so many retro nights......people hear the retro tracks and sing to them or get excited when a old progressive track comes on..........tech house will never be at the shore , really, get over it....quite honestly your opinions are so biased it's ridiculous.......

last sunday at surf people were being very picky to what they danced to: so at around 7:00 i drop 5 hip-hop tracks which instantly pack the dance floor, but i get criticized on sicktracks for doing that.....can't some of you see what's going on here? times have changed, face it, you don't have to accept it, just face it...am i wrong for playing rap and doing my job? should i have just kept playing dance music leaving the crowd standing around waiting for "something to happen." .......i have been working every weekend since 1984 and one thing i have definitely learned is that music and trends are cyclical.....every 3 to 6 years there is a change......todays trend is not dance, it's hip hop and retro (retro rock and dance).....most people in the bars are back into drinking and having a good time not doing drugs like a few years ago....some of you still do whatever drug but most people are back to getting sloppy drunk.....

i'm curious christian/wakeup to your dislike of denny and your love of santana......i have worked with both many times and i find their music selection and mixing style very very similar.....both are great dj's.....why the hate? let's talk about it!

politics in the clubs........is it wrong for joey to hire the moo as a dj because he has a successful website? no, because the website advertises the club, moo knows a shitload of people, and he's a dj who knows what to play for his crowd...

is it political for ktu dj's to play the clubs? they are all well known and people come to see them.......you guys seem to be getting the words political and business confused......it is "business" by using the individuals discussed not "politics."

christian/wakeup you guys definitely know your music and i'm not trying to tarket you but just adressing a few topics that keep coming up.......you obviously hate "most" of the jersey clubs...there is more to the clubs than music......it's having a good time with the people your hangin' with.....

anyway, everybody have a great sunday.............i will respond monday to battle the ignorant replys....... kirk lopez

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what ya gotta do to survive, that 's what I always say. I can't help laughing at how people are so close minded regarding business matters. GOta do what the masses like, not what the individual likes, even if you agree with the individual's tastes.

And then said individual accuses you of selling out because you changed styles to get people to stay a while longer and buy a few more drinks instead of keeping the vibe and watching a mass exodus.

maybe this will help some of the "kids" out there understand a little business practice

I know, I can look at the dj booth in pain at what's being played, but the floor is packed, so oh fucking well. Money talks, shit walks. I understand having to play shit music. I understand having to play 50 cent every fucking day, having to play "satisfaction" every other hour. . . i know the game. There's no accounting for taste, otherwise why would KTU exist and Louie DeVito be a multimillionaire?

Originally posted by kirklop

first off, you guys say(christianjay/wakeup) jersey sucks, the music is cheese (except rydell and santana), and the whole political/nightclub/dj whatever is killing the clubscene........first off let me start with the music......todays music sucks! period(as far as dance)......you can all thank yourselves for that by downloading for free.......christianjay/wakeup, you need to understand people are not "educated musically" like yourselves nor do they want to be.. the vast majority of people want to hear what they know(with the exception of a few others on the boards). i work friday happy hour at d'jais and play everyting from metallica, dion, cypress hill, amuka to deb cox ;and you know what you stupid fucks.....a packed bar sings every song and spends a shitload of money at the bar......nightclubs survive by people droppin cash and they drop that much more when there happy.....music is regressing, face it, why do you think there are so many retro nights......people hear the retro tracks and sing to them or get excited when a old progressive track comes on..........tech house will never be at the shore , really, get over it....quite honestly your opinions are so biased it's ridiculous.......

last sunday at surf people were being very picky to what they danced to: so at around 7:00 i drop 5 hip-hop tracks which instantly pack the dance floor, but i get criticized on sicktracks for doing that.....can't some of you see what's going on here? times have changed, face it, you don't have to accept it, just face it...am i wrong for playing rap and doing my job? should i have just kept playing dance music leaving the crowd standing around waiting for "something to happen." .......i have been working every weekend since 1984 and one thing i have definitely learned is that music and trends are cyclical.....every 3 to 6 years there is a change......todays trend is not dance, it's hip hop and retro (retro rock and dance).....most people in the bars are back into drinking and having a good time not doing drugs like a few years ago....some of you still do whatever drug but most people are back to getting sloppy drunk.....

i'm curious christian/wakeup to your dislike of denny and your love of santana......i have worked with both many times and i find their music selection and mixing style very very similar.....both are great dj's.....why the hate? let's talk about it!

politics in the clubs........is it wrong for joey to hire the moo as a dj because he has a successful website? no, because the website advertises the club, moo knows a shitload of people, and he's a dj who knows what to play for his crowd...

is it political for ktu dj's to play the clubs? they are all well known and people come to see them.......you guys seem to be getting the words political and business confused......it is "business" by using the individuals discussed not "politics."

christian/wakeup you guys definitely know your music and i'm not trying to tarket you but just adressing a few topics that keep coming up.......you obviously hate "most" of the jersey clubs...there is more to the clubs than music......it's having a good time with the people your hangin' with.....

anyway, everybody have a great sunday.............i will respond monday to battle the ignorant replys....... kirk lopez

Kirk, you are a class act man, I think I'd rather listen to you giorgio santana or rydell over any other dj's in ny nj or anywhere else, just cause people spin in nyc doesnt mean that they're better then nj dj's, WTF?? you have to work in the 5 boros to be anybody?? These fucking 2 clowns that hate on everyone and think they are music gurus should shut the fuck up... you could put marshall fairbanks in the booth at factory and the place would still be packed, it takes a real DJ to pack a place in NJ IMHO. Fuck all the people hating on Moo too, the kid is as nice as they come and he gets better every thursday I hear him at Joeys, people are just jealous and envyous. OK Im done.

Originally posted by carguy19

you could put marshall fairbanks in the booth at factory and the place would still be packed, it takes a real DJ to pack a place in NJ IMHO.

:laugh: :laugh: thats a good one, funny the same can be said for nj cause most dont care about what they hear which is perfectly fine. people are about having a good time with friends and whatever else they enjoy doin in a club which is what i thought 5 yrs ago. enjoy nj, i'll stick to where i can enjoy skills, and a crowd mostly of which includes music lovers no matter what genre it is. only reason i started with moo is cause he talked alot of shit on another board, whihc was outright comical. i have heard hes a nice guy but also loves drama. i agree with kirk about playin whatever personally i wouldnt be in any place that includes hip hop but many people enjoy it so to each their own. anyone who knows anything about the scene knows hip hop is takin over the lounges in nyc cause its the trendy thing as of now. i had to deal with spinnin with scissorhands a few weeks ago and personally think switchin up like that is a total vibe killer but u have to cater to the crowd even in nyc at times. so the 5 boro shit just doesnt hold tru and persoanlly have never siad that nor think that. nj esp surf has made some great strides to clear up the perceived "cheese" stigma on them and unfortunately since i spin most sundays in the ciity i couldnt make it to any of the names they brought in but i heard they all turned it out.

Originally posted by wakeup

:laugh: :laugh: thats a good one, funny the same can be said for nj cause most dont care about what they hear which is perfectly fine. people are about having a good time with friends and whatever else they enjoy doin in a club which is what i thought 5 yrs ago. enjoy nj, i'll stick to where i can enjoy skills, and a crowd mostly of which includes music lovers no matter what genre it is. only reason i started with moo is cause he talked alot of shit on another board, whihc was outright comical. i have heard hes a nice guy but also loves drama. i agree with kirk about playin whatever personally i wouldnt be in any place that includes hip hop but many people enjoy it so to each their own. anyone who knows anything about the scene knows hip hop is takin over the lounges in nyc cause its the trendy thing as of now. i had to deal with spinnin with scissorhands a few weeks ago and personally think switchin up like that is a total vibe killer but u have to cater to the crowd even in nyc at times. so the 5 boro shit just doesnt hold tru and persoanlly have never siad that nor think that. nj esp surf has made some great strides to clear up the perceived "cheese" stigma on them and unfortunately since i spin most sundays in the ciity i couldnt make it to any of the names they brought in but i heard they all turned it out.

I agree with the hip hop thing, I really feel like there are no DJ's in NYC worth paying $6 for the tunnel and 20 to get in to hear..... JP used to be great but he straight out sucked the last 5 times I heard him. To each their own... what I may hate you may love, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Guest saleen351

south beach is going 100% hip hop...

downtown miami has 4 clubs..

1. Space 34

2. NV just opend with oakie last night.

3. Nocturnal opens in jan, should be best club in american hands down.

4. Crobar 24 is comming, they bought the old club space...

all 24 hours

so it seems we'll have one town for hip hop and one town for house...

hip hop will be gone soon... only reason hip hop is popular is because of MM dre, 50 cent... The record companies say they are the only reason why they are still in business.. But just like Snoop, they will all burn out.. Only rock bands can last generations...

but ask any club manager or promoter, dj prices are killing the scene much worse than downloading tracks..

Oakie got 50-100 g's, i'm still working on the exact number, but with 40 cover last night only 600 showed up.. Space was laughing at them..

dj prices need to fall 50% before it gets better..

ps kirk i put up a post about you 2 weeks ago and you never responded

:(

Originally posted by saleen351

but ask any club manager or promoter, dj prices are killing the scene much worse than downloading tracks..

Oakie got 50-100 g's, i'm still working on the exact number, but with 40 cover last night only 600 showed up.. Space was laughing at them..

I think this is one of the few times I'll ever agree with Saleen, but yeah, some of the payouts these DJs receive are ridiculous. I'm all for rewarding talent and all that, but come on now, is a few hours of spinning records really worth 100 grand? I think not... and I think people like Diggers, Oakenfold, PVD, etc. would get along just fine with all expenses paid to travel and $10,000 to $25,000 on top of it rather than double that...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I think this is one of the few times I'll ever agree with Saleen, but yeah, some of the payouts these DJs receive are ridiculous. I'm all for rewarding talent and all that, but come on now, is a few hours of spinning records really worth 100 grand? I think not... and I think people like Diggers, Oakenfold, PVD, etc. would get along just fine with all expenses paid to travel and $10,000 to $25,000 on top of it rather than double that...

the backlash has begun... oakie will probably never play florida again... pvd does all the ultra events another one labor day weekend on sobe, but pvd doesn't pack them in for his price, word is deep dish is the best bang for your buck down here in florida for guest djs.. 12 grand to spin space total...

Originally posted by ibclubbin

i agree with everything kirk wrote but the moo is still a joke for other reasons

Wakeup/ChristianJay I think we cleared up alot in the end of our last little argument. Kirk is right about DJing...It's also about business and employment. As far as me being a joke...Thats fine...I'm happy with life and thats all that matters. If you are referring to my DJing make a fair judgement on hearing me on one of MY nights....Not just opening spots. I play different when it is my vibe and not an opening vibe. Anyways, you may always think I'm a joke but as long as I'm employed your opinion is going to seem useless. Take the Moo challenge and come and hear me and make a fair opinion. LOL

Originally posted by themoo

Wakeup/ChristianJay I think we cleared up alot in the end of our last little argument. Kirk is right about DJing...It's also about business and employment. As far as me being a joke...Thats fine...I'm happy with life and thats all that matters. If you are referring to my DJing make a fair judgement on hearing me on one of MY nights....Not just opening spots. I play different when it is my vibe and not an opening vibe. Anyways, you may always think I'm a joke but as long as I'm employed your opinion is going to seem useless. Take the Moo challenge and come and hear me and make a fair opinion. LOL

fuck that come to my house I have a Phazon system in my bathroom and I have far more skills then anyone of you.

i never had a problem with u, jsut didnt like goin back some shit u posted on another board but thats the past. i also understand the business beliefs but imo it works both ways it also hurts the scene in my eyes with not just nj getting recognition but anywhere when u have clowns droppin hip hop or ktus latest find every night and same repetive crap. thats how places, djs get a bad name. of course there is djs or venues that are tryin to change that belief but its still gotta long way to go

im too tired to actually write back to this

but kirk, if you think theres no good music around, i suggest you spend more time in the shops.

theres plenty of good music out.

and theres a bunch of djs i respect and belive have talent in NJ, i dont need to drop a list though...

As far as me being a joke...Thats fine...I'm happy with life and thats all that matters.

i respect your ideology of life....i just think your website is disgraceful...and no im not jealous, no im not hating, so DONT pull that jealousy is the highest compliment bullshit because i id rather have my life over yours any day of the week

but as long as you're oblivious to your own ridiculousness then i guess in your head its all good.....god bless the meek for they shall inherit the earth

Originally posted by ibclubbin

i respect your ideology of life....i just think your website is disgraceful...and no im not jealous, no im not hating, so DONT pull that jealousy is the highest compliment bullshit because i id rather have my life over yours any day of the week

but as long as you're oblivious to your own ridiculousness then i guess in your head its all good.....god bless the meek for they shall inherit the earth

Ignorance has always been bliss for 'themoo'. As long as he has at least 5 people saying ' Yeah moo! You da man!' then he'll never quit doing what he's doing no matter how ridiculous it has and will become.

'themoo' will be like Elvis (negative connotation only); he'll never give up as long as he has at least 5 fans. He'll never fade gracefully into adulthood maturity either; he'll always live the life of a 23 year old for as long as he's in his own little world.

Hopefully for us all, one day 'themoo' will finally grow up!

Originally posted by christianjay

im too tired to actually write back to this

but kirk, if you think theres no good music around, i suggest you spend more time in the shops.

theres plenty of good music out.

and theres a bunch of djs i respect and belive have talent in NJ, i dont need to drop a list though...

No

Yes

Originally posted by wakeup

i never had a problem with u, jsut didnt like goin back some shit u posted on another board but thats the past. i also understand the business beliefs but imo it works both ways it also hurts the scene in my eyes with not just nj getting recognition but anywhere when u have clowns droppin hip hop or ktus latest find every night and same repetive crap. thats how places, djs get a bad name. of course there is djs or venues that are tryin to change that belief but its still gotta long way to go

No

Yes Yes!

Originally posted by saleen351

south beach is going 100% hip hop...

downtown miami has 4 clubs..

1. Space 34

2. NV just opend with oakie last night.

3. Nocturnal opens in jan, should be best club in american hands down.

4. Crobar 24 is comming, they bought the old club space...

all 24 hours

so it seems we'll have one town for hip hop and one town for house...

hip hop will be gone soon... only reason hip hop is popular is because of MM dre, 50 cent... The record companies say they are the only reason why they are still in business.. But just like Snoop, they will all burn out.. Only rock bands can last generations...

Eventually they will all burn out but by that time there will just be another 50 cent or eminem that has come along.

That's the problem...Most people like whats new. Rock bands have longevity and most rappers do not. Every couple of years a new guy comes along and hip hop just keeps refreshing.