Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John "Quivver" Graham Last Night...

jona7

Originally posted by jona7

SUCKED...most horrible set i have ever heard

I wouldn't go that far, but I wasn't too impressed either, they do have good intentions to bring quality music there on Fridays, however straight progressive house doesn't seem to be working, I'm sure Quivver comes across much better at other venues, but I think it's hard for these kind of prog dj's to find their groove at Nerve, the place just has this inherent vibe that begs for something much funkier, dirtier, wilder, with a lot more NERVE. I think their Tuesdays are doing well, playing rock and roll and stuff like that, as in not dance music, for Fridays they need DJ's who can create that kind of energy in the context of a dance music set.... Quivver did go hard and dark eventually, but it just wasn't the kind of bangin' that needs to be done there, the musical vibe was like way too serious...

(just my 2 cents, with 100% respect for everyone involved)

i disagree with you all...

i thought his set was different, dark and well programmed, tribal, breaks and tunes i hadnt heard before.....a breath of fresh air!!!

people here in Miami are so unappreciative of something unique and fresh sounding, i give Marco and Carla high fives for bringing NEW djs to this boring scene. if anyone had gone to the HOOJ party during WMC, Quivver played after S Kleinenberg and he had the place on fire til closing time -not an easy task coming after someone like Sander.....however, the crowd at this particular party was mostly composed of industry people and foreigners and they loved Quivver ......

i agree that the crowd that composed the majority Fri night, didnt have the ears or appreciation for Quivver, as DJ and producer. the energy was awful...

BUT IMO it isnt JUST the DJ but also the CROWD that makes a party happen ....

It wasn't even a good fight. Typical drunken groping and swinging, borderline gay sex if you ask me...funny from a bunch of people trying to prove their masculinity. If I was the Nerve managment, I woulda taken them outside and kneecapped them, and been done with it.

Glad for those who had fun ... apologies for the ones who didn't like Quivver's set ... I would have loved to hear that set in the old Crobar or the old Space :eek:

I somewhat agree with Eric's post ... don't worry ... your pleas had been pre-arranged ;) ... what comes soon will make you ... and most of us ... smile in disbelief ... :D :D

Originally posted by vipnerd

Glad for those who had fun ... apologies for the ones who didn't like Quivver's set ... I would have loved to hear that set in the old Crobar or the old Space :eek:

I somewhat agree with Eric's post ... don't worry ... your pleas had been pre-arranged ;) ... what comes soon will make you ... and most of us ... smile in disbelief ... :D :D

CANT WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU WHAT I HEARD SATURDAY NIGHT ABOUT SEPTEMBER LINEUP!!! ..............

F....KING AMAZING!

Originally posted by vipnerd

hmmmmm, what could this mean? Green Velvet?

or maybe.... Armand Van Helden? he's gonna be in town for Ultra

Originally posted by cooljunkie

To say the crowd doesn't 'get' it is a contradiction in terms. A DJ's job is to entertain a crowd, and any jock worth their salt should be able to read a floor within 3 records. Quivver didn't do that and didn't play a good set.

yes I agree 100% the crowd is always right, like it or not, though sometimes the crowd and the dj are mis-matched, and sometimes the crowd gets weirded out by other factors, like rude door people (definitely NOT a factor here, Sami is super cool!) or cheesy fashion shows and wrestling matches (which didn't help here) and what was that fashion show for anyway? Flamingo Park Salvation Army??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but anyway it would have been possible, though not easy, to recover from the set-backs of the pre-show