Clubplanet Nightlife Community

best sound system???

Twilo was the BEST! The music went through you there!

Stereo in Montreal is the most bad ass system Ive ever heared but I havent heared it since Systems By Shorty did their upgrades :cool:

Speaking of Systems By Shorty.....

CPI in the Hamptons USED TO have THE BEST analog system in NY....

That shit used to thump and was probbaly better sounding than most current systems in NYC.

twilo was the best.. hands down.. its basically known as the best system ever in a club.. although i've heard paradise garage's might have been better supposedly, but i wouldn't know b/c that was way before my time..

after twilo i'd say amnesia in spain was really good in the main room when they had angel moraes's system in there...

space was good too but they had it a bit too loud imo.. bass definetly hit hard though..

maze in miami had a good system also... not on the level of the other 3 but good..

thats about it though.. i dont' think anything in the city is really any good anymore.. sf's has always been pretty bad imo... vinyl's is good.. really clear which is great.. and fairly strong, but nothing in comparison to twilo or the other two i named...

Originally posted by bleachblond420

I remember seeing a article in Time mag (I think it was Time) about Twilo's system being clearest, loudest soundsystem in the world. They broke down the technology and explained why it sounded so clear.

yup i remember seeing all about that too..

one thing i specifically remember about the technology of it was that they adjusted the highs and lows so that there was no delay effect anywhere in the room... if you notice in some bigger clubs what happens is the highs travel faster then the lows, so it breaks the sound up kinda and just sounds bad... what they did was, they had the output from the mixer running through a computer system that adjusted for this... sound in there was crystal clear... and the bass was insane..

Originally posted by raver_mania

Twilo! Then I agree - AMnesia(Ibiza) is pretty good, but a bit lound when I was there. Space in Miami has a pretty decent system too.

I think Arc is definitely one of the best, if not THE best, system in NYC right now.

i was thinking space ibiza ;) cox destoryed it last time i was there :cool:

Originally posted by PFloyd40

twilo was the best.. hands down.. its basically known as the best system ever in a club.. although i've heard paradise garage's might have been better supposedly, but i wouldn't know b/c that was way before my time..

after twilo i'd say amnesia in spain was really good in the main room when they had angel moraes's system in there...

space was good too but they had it a bit too loud imo.. bass definetly hit hard though..

maze in miami had a good system also... not on the level of the other 3 but good..

thats about it though.. i dont' think anything in the city is really any good anymore.. sf's has always been pretty bad imo... vinyl's is good.. really clear which is great.. and fairly strong, but nothing in comparison to twilo or the other two i named...

hey dude! yeah twilo was the shezzzick lol

Originally posted by jonhenry

i dont think the entire of twillo system is in shelter......twillo had a phazon, but roxy is SUPPOSED to have one too, i dont know about that roxy system is pretty shitty.....

roxy has a phazon, but honestly i was never really that impressed with it, then again i'm not impressed with the system at ARC either and thats a phazon. If you ask me Phazon is just overrated.

Originally posted by jonhenry

i dont think the entire of twillo system is in shelter......twillo had a phazon, but roxy is SUPPOSED to have one too, i dont know about that roxy system is pretty shitty.....

they only have come of the compoenents... its not even close to the whole thing...

and as far as roxy is concerned... i've yet to hear the phazon in there.. but...

just b/c its a phazon doesn't mean it would be as good as the twilo one.. the twilo system was worth a ton... i imagine roxy only put a little more then $500k into theirs, if that...

Plus it's about the shape of the room. Twilo had a low ceiling and was a big square and the music would bounce back and forth and sound great.

Roxy is soo wide and long and w/o walls anywhere near the floor that there is that echo that was referred to earlier in this thread.

When Steve Dash designed Roxy's system he had to hang the speakers from the ceiling and try to angle them so that the bass would bounce off the floor, but it gets real muffled when the place is full b/c it bounces off all the peeps.

Plus when you stand by the bar you are hearing the bass hit like a half second after the highs.

Nobody is going to agree w/ me on this but my vote for best system was Tunnel pre-2000.---let me explain---

no qustion that Twilo had the GREATEST system, that thing would roar. But because of the dynamic of Tunnel's floor; narrow, low ceilings, fucking brick walls to make the music reboud so hard, and w/ the tweeters and trebs right on top of you, then you could not escape the music even if you wanted to. Throw in Tunnel's lighting guy that would blast you with strobes for 20 seconds and then kill all the lights for 2 minutes, it was a great experience.

Twilo had an amazing sound system, the acoustics of the space had a lot to do with how sound carried there. The system at Maze in Miami is up there though. It's one of two Funktion One sound systems in the world, the other being Space in Ibiza. The Funktion One system blows away most Phazon setups IMO.

Originally posted by Drunk

Twilo had an amazing sound system, the acoustics of the space had a lot to do with how sound carried there. The system at Maze in Miami is up there though. It's one of two Funktion One sound systems in the world, the other being Space in Ibiza. The Funktion One system blows away most Phazon setups IMO.

I would agree that maze's system hits harder then the phazon in vinyl, but only in certain places... the system overall in vinyl is much better in terms of sound quality imo..

the system at space ibiza was off the meter... better then maze i'd say.. but still wasn't on the same level as twilo...

Originally posted by bassboy

Plus it's about the shape of the room. Twilo had a low ceiling and was a big square and the music would bounce back and forth and sound great.

Roxy is soo wide and long and w/o walls anywhere near the floor that there is that echo that was referred to earlier in this thread.

When Steve Dash designed Roxy's system he had to hang the speakers from the ceiling and try to angle them so that the bass would bounce off the floor, but it gets real muffled when the place is full b/c it bounces off all the peeps.

Plus when you stand by the bar you are hearing the bass hit like a half second after the highs.

Nobody is going to agree w/ me on this but my vote for best system was Tunnel pre-2000.---let me explain---

no qustion that Twilo had the GREATEST system, that thing would roar. But because of the dynamic of Tunnel's floor; narrow, low ceilings, fucking brick walls to make the music reboud so hard, and w/ the tweeters and trebs right on top of you, then you could not escape the music even if you wanted to. Throw in Tunnel's lighting guy that would blast you with strobes for 20 seconds and then kill all the lights for 2 minutes, it was a great experience.

i agree.. tunne's system way back in the day was really good...

lets change it up... worst system ever in a big club...

limelight.. system was awful.. no bass at all and would break up all over the place..

sound factory in early 2000 late 99 was pretty bad as well...

privilege - ibiza.. hard to create good sound when your in a club whose capacity is 12000+

Innsomnia/Glow in DC hands down the worst system ever for a major club. For all the world class trance they bring in u figure the system would roar but the design of the club and lack of a wooden floor just kills it. System is Even worse than Exit's.