Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's ivar like on saturdays/who's adam 12?

weyes

Honestly not really sure about the Vodka promotion but usually they will hold an open bar form like 10-11pm featuring just Vodka drinks for free but not sure about this one.

As far as Adam12 goes he is a really good DJ who spins Hip-Hop He used to spin for me when I used to promote The Sunset Room. you cant go wrong with that guy, he spins great beats and mixes really well.

Well here's the current eye on i-var lol.

Last Thursday (a big night for ivar) there was at most 80 people in the place at 11 pm, some rooms with 3 people total, with 80% guys roughly, and about 20 people in line (98% guys too)...

When you get there, give someone a hug or something to get a pass to the vip room upstairs -- it's our FAVORITE -- it's soooo great.

i won tix to the club and vip tix to the vodka tasting party that is being held there that night.

but i hear that thursday is my kind of crowd - wear what you like, open-minded, friendly. i hear that saturdays are more of a "pretty people" type of thing. if i have to conform to some fashion or attitude, i'm not interested. does anyone have more info on this?

LaLate - are you seriuos about Ivar last thursday?

I dont think Ivar is bad place, but they shot themselves in the foot when they opened/reopened the place up i think back around March. The management, security, door people really treated the music fans like shit but treated the "Hollywood Crowd" like kings. If they had done things right from the start, they would have had a chance, but they f**ked it up.

Now when i or some people i know hear about these new nights at Ivar, we immediately think back to the way we were treated when we first attended and say NO THANKS!! I feel bad for the promoters who pick that venue to have their parties cause its not their fault. But if we dont speak with our wallets these clubs will never learn how to treat people with respect.

oo thanks for the insight.

Personally never experienced the door operations of IVAR back around the time you are talking about (although have heard similar remarks).

It really is a wonderful venue - the layout, the rooms, etc -- so hopefully business keeps up.

I was there last thursday and I am sure the crowd was more than 80, lol...most of the people hang outside in the patio first, getting there drinks on....

And yes, weyes, it's your crowd! Very laid back, no dress code really , just people who like to dance and having a good time!

Check out my website for up to date L.A.Clubinfo@

http://alexatucla.tripod.com

Walked around the whole venue 3 times at 11pm -- at 11 pm, approx #s....

Patio ---

Outside sofa, 4 people, 1 standing

Bar - 3 people

Standing - 20-30 people

Inside

1st room - 5 people, maybe 4

vip room first level - 0 people

outside vip room (including bar area) - 10-15 people

Upstairs - closed

Line -

20-25 people

IVAR is a fabulous venue and people you need to go there -- don't let this venue get empty like this anymore. It's an incredible venue.

Originally posted by alex90028

...And yes, weyes, it's your crowd! Very laid back, no dress code really , just people who like to dance and having a good time!...

hmmm :worry: ; the general consensus i've gotten is that on saturdays it's the *nose in air* crowd. i haven't taken a poll about the rest of the week, though.
Originally posted by lalate

Weyes --

when we heard all our friends won too, we checked--- turns out, the email makes everyone a winner.

yeah; i thought something was fishy when i got a reply instantaneously ;) , but free stuff is always worth a look, in weyes' brokeass book :laugh: .