Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can People REALLY Change?

guest00901

If you knew a person that back in the day acted or came off a certain way and now they are totally different, do you think it's just a front and that they still have those tendencies to act that way and they won't ever change??

What's the old line...."can't teach an old dawg new tricks":blank:

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

If you knew a person that back in the day acted or came off a certain way and now they are totally different, do you think it's just a front and that they still have those tendencies to act that way and they won't ever change??

What's the old line...."can't teach an old dawg new tricks":blank:

I have a friend like that .

We were the best of friends when we were little. Then, when we hit Jr. high-high school , he started changing. We got into some fights, and just drifted apart.

We met again after college, and turns out we have a lot in common. Also, he isn't so much of a dick he used to be.

So yes, i do believe people can change. But it's a lot harder to change when you're older and set in your ways than when you're young and impressionable ;)

Originally posted by diabolique007

i think it may depend on how old he is..nothing wrong with bringing it up to him in a playful way..maybe he'll confess he was an ass, or sheepishly say he's not like that anymore

yeah, i agree with this...if he's young, people do change with age, and a couple years can make a difference, especially from the teens to 25 years old.

Not at all, I think people are capable of change. I think you can tell when someone is younger if their behavior is simply a result of immaturity.

In growing up, new experiencing, trials and tribulations, people grow and learn and it can change them.

For instance in my late teens early 20's I was a REAL condescending wise-ass, but now...............oh, uh, nevermind.

Originally posted by ou812

Not at all, I think people are capable of change. I think you can tell when someone is younger if their behavior is simply a result of immaturity.

In growing up, new experiencing, trials and tribulations, people grow and learn and it can change them.

For instance in my late teens early 20's I was a REAL condescending wise-ass, but now...............oh, uh, nevermind.

:laugh::laugh:

People do change in the last ten yeares I have changed. Back in the early 90's I was in my early twenties, I was the biggest dick, wise ass punk, you could ever know. I would be in Wildwood and just start trouble (fighting) for no reason. Everywhere my friends and I went we would start trouble. By the time I was 25, (1995) I started to change, now I don't strart any trouble, I don't fight unless it is absoultly necessary and I do not wise off to anyone. I am a much calmer and laid back then when I was in mu twenties.

If you are talking about change like that then yes people can change. Are you talking about if you meet someone and you want them to change things in their life for you? In ny expierences and from what I seen in friends in is nearly impossible to change. Ex. I met this girl and she didnt like some things I did. Smoke weed , cuss, and sometimes I use derogatory words, (ni**er, sp*c, fa**ot, dyke )shit like that. I tried to change it all and I did for a while, but in the end I felt there was too much to change. She even got mad when my friends used the N word just to say what up to people. Would just leave, I thought the girl was crazy. But in life everyone is different, and thinking they can change for you, or trying to get them to change is near impossible. They need to do it for themselves first before you try to change for someone else

yea but... to change how u present urself has to come from some kind of change overall.... people dont just wake up one morning and say "hmm today im gonna act differently" the change has to come from within.. which i believe comes with experience and growing up

Originally posted by linabina

yea but... to change how u present urself has to come from some kind of change overall.... people dont just wake up one morning and say "hmm today im gonna act differently" the change has to come from within.. which i believe comes with experience and growing up

ehhh i dunno...