Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CP what & who got you here?

stogiey2k2

Originally posted by lolahotass

IBCHAD71 from St. Louis knew I was going to Amsterdam for Cannabis cup and that there were a couple DJ's going too.... So he told me to come to CP Miami cuz some Dj's (b-side and Waxman) were going to be there at the same time for the Amsterdam Dance Event....

I only wanted info for parties in Amsterdam.... Gee, look how that turned out (4,700+ posts)..... man that's a lot of info!:laugh:

nize amsterdam huh? now that's a vacation.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in early 1999, CP used to be called ClubNYC.com, and only covered the NY club scene. In fact, if you type clubnyc, it still takes you to CP. I don't think the forums had even started up yet. I heard about it, I think, from a friend at Body & Soul. It really was one of the first sites you could find to get up to date info on what was going on at the latest clubs. I believe Miami was the second city clubnyc invaded (even before adding Jersey), and from there it became CP. I think the forums started late 99 or early 2000.

Originally posted by cheekeetika

The CP Miami family should grow!!! There's nothing like meeting new peeps to share good times with!!! Party on CP Miami!!!:D

true that!!! ....i ended up here cuz fostech told me about it...and now look at me with silly challenges and stuff(100 posts marathon day)

whoa.. what a trip guys.. :cool:

so i was looking thru this thread and It made me think how i got on these baords... I actually realized i came on while looking for club and dj info way back in the day.. I was spending the summer down in miami, and I needed some good source of 411... I went back up to the NE and kept on posting on CP. I was a regular at the NY boards, but I always remeber the Miami boards would avg 10 posts per week! seriously!!

Not only has this site been a great source for club info, it started a long term addiction to messageboards hehehe I've met so many wonderful people and have partied w some real cool katz throughout these years... the original CP-NY crew had meet-ups every week, so we got to be real close in a sense. We migrated from CP to the Twiloboards, then to NB and EZ..TA and so on..

Now i live in Miami again and I am glad the CP-Miami crew is much bigger now and still keeps growing...

Some old skoolers out there I remeber.. (from cp miami) arrakis, attomik, sobeton, nolimit (diegonyc), genevieve (what ever happened to her?), x-t-c.. i cant recall others off the top of my head... but there...

what a flashback..

and like my first sig used to say: Peace, Love and Twilo for everyone!! :D

MP3.- :smoke:

Originally posted by mp3some

whoa.. what a trip guys.. :cool:

so i was looking thru this thread and It made me think how i got on these baords... I actually realized i came on while looking for club and dj info way back in the day.. I was spending the summer down in miami, and I needed some good source of 411... I went back up to the NE and kept on posting on CP. I was a regular at the NY boards, but I always remeber the Miami boards would avg 10 posts per week! seriously!!

Not only has this site been a great source for club info, it started a long term addiction to messageboards hehehe I've met so many wonderful people and have partied w some real cool katz throughout these years... the original CP-NY crew had meet-ups every week, so we got to be real close in a sense. We migrated from CP to the Twiloboards, then to NB and EZ..TA and so on..

Now i live in Miami again and I am glad the CP-Miami crew is much bigger now and still keeps growing...

Some old skoolers out there I remeber.. (from cp miami) arrakis, attomik, sobeton, nolimit (diegonyc), genevieve (what ever happened to her?), x-t-c.. i cant recall others off the top of my head... but there...

what a flashback..

and like my first sig used to say: Peace, Love and Twilo for everyone!! :D

MP3.- :smoke:

Nize Flashback story their! thanks for replying and big ups for all the info......;)

other than jesse's problem with his sexuality this has been the best thread on a cp in a while. :)

yes we were a mafia .. we want out and it was like 20 of us .. it was lunacy .. i loved it .. i miss it ..

drinkin in the 17th parking lot before running over to crobar before the list closed .. ahh sweet memories .. we must have a reunion .. we had a small at danny@34 .. but we need a proper one .. i suggest the return of jigga what? @ nerve ? :)

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

Nize Flashback story their! thanks for replying and big ups for all the info......

hehe no problem stogie!

Now that I remebered this story, and how long I've been around, I thought I'd make this thread even more special! This is officially my 1000th Post!!!!!

With an avg of 0.89 posts per day, since July 18th 2000, I am no longer Old skool, I'm a Club God!! hehehe

Cheers!! :D

:balloon::beer::comit::rock::aright:

I stumbled upon CP quite by accident. I have met a bunch of people, many of whom I consider good friends, learned a lot about dance music and the scene. . although things get a little crazy here from time to time, I'm still addicted to CP.. :)

Can't actually remember who informed me about CP, I think it was Emi Guerra. But I do remember gettin' shredded everytime I would come on to defend Space in the fall/winter of 2001 when I first started workin' for them.

Also, b4 the Saleen, there was beyondo!! This guy knew how to piss people off. He made saleen look like the tooth fairy...

Before I became "accepted" (not sure if I ever was), I wasn't liked too much cuz I was a part of "the empire". but sooner or later, some people discovered it was Han Solo underneath the storm trooper outfit & not just another.. well, "stormtrooper"... :laugh::blah:

Meng what's wrong with you remember damn it, think!!!!!!:tongue:

I'm going to have to ask the other stogie (david) if he

knows that's pretty sad. lol

Tony- interesting but yeup its addictive,

Transwhore- hmm i gotta feeling i know egdar, hmm i kinda have stumbled across him several times at O2 Lounge, giving him props while being a little hammered lol.....

THANK U ALL FOR REPLYING EXCELLENT THREAD if I do say so myself! too bad Saleen & Beyondo didn't reply lol...........:laugh:

Originally posted by rcrespo

met a couple of cpers outside of liquid one breezy january night before ashley casselle .. i was registered by the end of the night and by the end of the week I had gone out 4 days straight! :)

The rest is history ..

and who were those CP'ers? ;)

I found clubplanet in 1998 by mistake.But i registered in 1999. when we had like ten heads typing it was dead. all we talked about was old liquids ,shaowlounge, groove jet, barroom, and trance rule miami. and house was called the gay disco music:eek:

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Have you been drinking again mister!:nono:

:finger: I really don't remember what brought me here. I started posting on the hallucination board and then I ended up in CP but I don't remember who told me about it.

Originally posted by biznation00

Can't actually remember who informed me about CP, I think it was Emi Guerra. But I do remember gettin' shredded everytime I would come on to defend Space in the fall/winter of 2001 when I first started workin' for them.

Also, b4 the Saleen, there was beyondo!! This guy knew how to piss people off. He made saleen look like the tooth fairy...

Before I became "accepted" (not sure if I ever was), I wasn't liked too much cuz I was a part of "the empire". but sooner or later, some people discovered it was Han Solo underneath the storm trooper outfit & not just another.. well, "stormtrooper"... :laugh::blah:

:zzz: :zzz: :laugh2: