Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Palestinians 'reduced to begging'

kramadas

I'm becoming increasingly pro-palestinian the more I find out the shit thats going on there...also Benny Elon's vision for an Israel free of Arabs is very akin to ethnic cleansing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1001422,00.html

AP Geneva

Saturday July 19, 2003

The Guardian

Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank have been "reduced to begging" by Israeli military action, and Israel is breaching international law by failing to provide much-needed aid, a UN expert said yesterday.

"There is a permanent, grave violation of the right to food by the occupying forces. There is a catastrophic humanitarian situation," said Jean Ziegler, UN special expert on the right to food.

Palestinian villages are encircled by troops, preventing food being delivered and farmers freaching their fields, he said. Many villages had to buy their water because sources had been cut off.

Mr Ziegler also cited the destruction or confiscation of fertile Palestinian land for military zones or Jewish colonies. "We saw thousands of olive trees destroyed by bulldozers," he said.

Trucks of food sent to Palestinian villages either as aid or for sale are stopped at roadblocks and unloaded. Villagers must find another truck to load the food again after inspection and complete the journey, he said.

According to the World Bank, almost one child in 10 in Gaza and the West Bank is suffering from severe malnutrition.

Not sticking up for Israel, but just wondering if.....

.... if Islamic "money" was used to build education, infrastructure, commerce and real goverment in Palestine instead of terrorist infrastructures and radical mosques ......

Or perhaps Mr Arafat, man of the people, used some of his estimated $1.9 billion net worth towards good use..

Imagine if Saudi Arabia reduced the amount spent on exporting Wahhibism and anti-West views and diverted those funds towards the Palestinians---ooopps my mistake, I forgot the Saudi's held the marytr telethon.....

Or the King of Philanthropy, Mr Saddam Hussein----now that he is out of a job--perhaps instead of paying $25,000 for suicide bombers, he could use that same money on agricultural programs...

And of course Hamas and the rest of them have done soooo much for the Palestinian people.....I mean, they are so great to build schools that have textbooks that call for the destruction of the Israel....and of course, they help build medical clinics and hospitals for the Palestinian people, which is of great assistance to those who accidentally blow off an arm preparing to kill innocent Israeli's on a bus......

And of course those prideful parades with 5 year old carrying AK-47s.....how special......

Raver---I am not saying that Israel is right or devoid of doing bad things....but at the end of the day, at the core of this issue, is that region does not recognize Israel's right to exist...plain and simple.....a massive, complex conflict that when you peel back the layers, that problem is at the core.....everything else stems from that....

We can debate who was there first, who has the rights to what land, etc, etc, etc......but since so many in this country love to talk about "root" problems when it concerns the U.S., then why does the pro-Palestinian crowd ignore what the "root" problem is there?.......unless that problem is addressed, all actions will continue to feed off that....

I am sure the "Israel is the Devil" crowd here is going to disagree, so be it

Not saying that the Palestinian leadership as well as leadership of the other Arab countries haven't done shit(they haven't), but c'mon, preventing food and aid going to civilians. Also, previosly heard from several sources, cases where ambulances with patients were detained unnecessarily, etc.

The political situation is a very complex one, but I am seriously starting to wonder if the Israeli govt had/has any intention of letting a Palestinan state form. Agreed, at the root of the problem is the Jewish-Muslim hatred, but more and more Arab countries are seeing the right of Israel to exist. Which is a good thing. However, scenarios like this wall that they're building, designed to grab a large percent of the Palestinian land, is pure bullshit. I also just read that Benny Elon's (the information minister, I think?) ideal "road-map" is one where all the Arabs (including Israeli-Arabs) would be expelled to the neighbouring countries. Disturbingly close to South Africa's Apartheid.

Dunno if this situation will ever end. Also, don't understand why the US supports a country whose actions are in violation of many of the principles this nation was founded on. The Jewish community here definitely must have a large political influence (pure speculation).

I mean, the Bush road-map clearly states that there should be no more expansion of settlements, but all I hear about are more settlements being constructed. Also, construction of the wall is still being continued despite the administration's very strong reservations against it.

:confused:

Guess, I'm just discovering that Israel is not as good and right as I initially thought.

Originally posted by igloo

Not sticking up for Israel, but just wondering if.....

.... if Islamic "money" was used to build education, infrastructure, commerce and real goverment in Palestine instead of terrorist infrastructures and radical mosques ......

Or perhaps Mr Arafat, man of the people, used some of his estimated $1.9 billion net worth towards good use..

Imagine if Saudi Arabia reduced the amount spent on exporting Wahhibism and anti-West views and diverted those funds towards the Palestinians---ooopps my mistake, I forgot the Saudi's held the marytr telethon.....

Or the King of Philanthropy, Mr Saddam Hussein----now that he is out of a job--perhaps instead of paying $25,000 for suicide bombers, he could use that same money on agricultural programs...

And of course Hamas and the rest of them have done soooo much for the Palestinian people.....I mean, they are so great to build schools that have textbooks that call for the destruction of the Israel....and of course, they help build medical clinics and hospitals for the Palestinian people, which is of great assistance to those who accidentally blow off an arm preparing to kill innocent Israeli's on a bus......

And of course those prideful parades with 5 year old carrying AK-47s.....how special......

Raver---I am not saying that Israel is right or devoid of doing bad things....but at the end of the day, at the core of this issue, is that region does not recognize Israel's right to exist...plain and simple.....a massive, complex conflict that when you peel back the layers, that problem is at the core.....everything else stems from that....

We can debate who was there first, who has the rights to what land, etc, etc, etc......but since so many in this country love to talk about "root" problems when it concerns the U.S., then why does the pro-Palestinian crowd ignore what the "root" problem is there?.......unless that problem is addressed, all actions will continue to feed off that....

I am sure the "Israel is the Devil" crowd here is going to disagree, so be it

Well said.....

Originally posted by raver_mania

Not saying that the Palestinian leadership as well as leadership of the other Arab countries haven't done shit(they haven't), but c'mon, preventing food and aid going to civilians. Also, previosly heard from several sources, cases where ambulances with patients were detained unnecessarily, etc.

The political situation is a very complex one, but I am seriously starting to wonder if the Israeli govt had/has any intention of letting a Palestinan state form. Agreed, at the root of the problem is the Jewish-Muslim hatred, but more and more Arab countries are seeing the right of Israel to exist. Which is a good thing. However, scenarios like this wall that they're building, designed to grab a large percent of the Palestinian land, is pure bullshit. I also just read that Benny Elon's (the information minister, I think?) ideal "road-map" is one where all the Arabs (including Israeli-Arabs) would be expelled to the neighbouring countries. Disturbingly close to South Africa's Apartheid.

Dunno if this situation will ever end. Also, don't understand why the US supports a country whose actions are in violation of many of the principles this nation was founded on. The Jewish community here definitely must have a large political influence (pure speculation).

I mean, the Bush road-map clearly states that there should be no more expansion of settlements, but all I hear about are more settlements being constructed. Also, construction of the wall is still being continued despite the administration's very strong reservations against it.

:confused:

Guess, I'm just discovering that Israel is not as good and right as I initially thought.

The problem i feel is in part of the extremes in leadership. Right now u have extreme hardliners running the israeli government that dont want to budge. Until both sides decide to start giving in a little nothing will be solved.

but more and more Arab countries are seeing the right of Israel to exist

when has that happened? the only country that has any real form of peace with Israel is Jordan. if you plan to travel in the mid east but have an Israeli stamp in your passport, you are banned from travelling because you have visited the 'Zionist entity'. the amount of racism in the Arab world is astounding.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by tribal

but more and more Arab countries are seeing the right of Israel to exist

when has that happened? the only country that has any real form of peace with Israel is Jordan. if you plan to travel in the mid east but have an Israeli stamp in your passport, you are banned from travelling because you have visited the 'Zionist entity'. the amount of racism in the Arab world is astounding.

completely true. my uncle was doing business in Bahrain, so he wanted a new passport,cuz his had Israel stamped on it. but he didn't want to wait till it expired. so he changed his last name, to obtain a new one.

I'm becoming increasingly pro-palestinian the more I find out the shit thats going on there...also Benny Elon's vision for an Israel free of Arabs is very akin to ethnic cleansing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1001422,00.html

AP Geneva

Saturday July 19, 2003

The Guardian

Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank have been "reduced to begging" by Israeli military action, and Israel is breaching international law by failing to provide much-needed aid, a UN expert said yesterday.

"There is a permanent, grave violation of the right to food by the occupying forces. There is a catastrophic humanitarian situation," said Jean Ziegler, UN special expert on the right to food.

Palestinian villages are encircled by troops, preventing food being delivered and farmers freaching their fields, he said. Many villages had to buy their water because sources had been cut off.

Mr Ziegler also cited the destruction or confiscation of fertile Palestinian land for military zones or Jewish colonies. "We saw thousands of olive trees destroyed by bulldozers," he said.

Trucks of food sent to Palestinian villages either as aid or for sale are stopped at roadblocks and unloaded. Villagers must find another truck to load the food again after inspection and complete the journey, he said.

According to the World Bank, almost one child in 10 in Gaza and the West Bank is suffering from severe malnutrition.

Maybe they should just munch on the remains of their beloved homocide bomber brethren

Originally posted by seximofo2k

The problem i feel is in part of the extremes in leadership. Right now u have extreme hardliners running the israeli government that dont want to budge. Until both sides decide to start giving in a little nothing will be solved.

That's not true when Israel was run by non-hardliners (which I don't think Sharon is), lefties. almost the terrorism still went on, there was arab violence against the Jews way before Israel was even the state. Both sides decide to start giving are you kidding me, Israel gave them land just to have them be attacked in return, on the very same day the prisoner swap took place from which the arabs benefitted tremendously they blew up a bus. When the so-called "cease fire" was implemented arabs still attacked Jews not on as big of a scale but there were shootings & knife attacks on a daily basis. Now tell me what have the "pals" given ?? The PA refuses to prosecute terrorists unlike Israel who jailed the settlers who were conspiring to retaliate for a crime that was committed against them.

Anyone who thinks that Israel should do more to achieve this impossible peace is outta their minds, they did way too much as it is & every good dead they do backfires & the arabs see that as a victory. Next time there is a funeral for one of these hamas pieces of shit & the people are out in the streets vowing revenge a bomb should be dropped on that funeral. But Israel is a civilized nation & won't do that unlike the arabs would if given the chance.

Originally posted by g420

That's not true when Israel was run by non-hardliners (which I don't think Sharon is), lefties. almost the terrorism still went on, there was arab violence against the Jews way before Israel was even the state. Both sides decide to start giving are you kidding me, Israel gave them land just to have them be attacked in return, on the very same day the prisoner swap took place from which the arabs benefitted tremendously they blew up a bus. When the so-called "cease fire" was implemented arabs still attacked Jews not on as big of a scale but there were shootings & knife attacks on a daily basis. Now tell me what have the "pals" given ?? The PA refuses to prosecute terrorists unlike Israel who jailed the settlers who were conspiring to retaliate for a crime that was committed against them.

Anyone who thinks that Israel should do more to achieve this impossible peace is outta their minds, they did way too much as it is & every good dead they do backfires & the arabs see that as a victory. Next time there is a funeral for one of these hamas pieces of shit & the people are out in the streets vowing revenge a bomb should be dropped on that funeral. But Israel is a civilized nation & won't do that unlike the arabs would if given the chance.

What a bunch of garbage! :blown:

What a bunch of garbage! :blown:

Raver it's true bud, if the tables were turned it would be completly diffrent. In 67, when Isreal was atacked by it's neighbors, with our help they got crushed and that left a lasting impression. Why do you think they hate us so much? With out the assistance of the US, Isreal would have been reduced to ashes and the Arabs hate us for standing in the way of that.

Originally posted by mr mahs

Raver it's true bud, if the tables were turned it would be completly diffrent. In 67, when Isreal was atacked by it's neighbors, with our help they got crushed and that left a lasting impression. Why do you think they hate us so much? With out the assistance of the US, Isreal would have been reduced to ashes and the Arabs hate us for standing in the way of that.

the arabs hate themselves and each other- how could they possibly co-exist with others- answer- they can't!!