Clubplanet Nightlife Community

death of clubs in NYC

...haven't posted in a while, been busy looking for a REAL party in NYC.

Not to knock those who are having fun with what's out there, but I truly MISS the old days.

Pick your favorite place, but the music of 3 to 4 years ago used to be incredible. Granted you had those that were there for show, but a few of us actually partied to get ourselves completely lost in good music.

That's why we dropped $20 for to get in. That's why we waited on line for hours. That's why it was worth it to actually use drugs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I cannot find a single event in NYC now that makes me feel the same way. When I go out I feel like I've wasted my time and money.

Hip-hop is great, I LOVE hip hop but why would I pay $25 to go to a NO ID party to listen to the same crap I can hear at a bar for free.

What happeneed to dance club culture. What happened to good music you could stomp to? And what's more frustrating is when a halfway decent DJ comes out to NY, no one fucking comes!!!!

Clubs were all about good music that wouldn't get airplay anywhere else, and now I hear all this commercialed techno shit and watch people STUPIDLY dancing along.

Anyone feel me on this? And if you do know of a great party on Fri or Sat nite w/ good music, please feel free to post it below because I'm tired of wasting my money.

ummm we had Digweed, Carl Cox, Seb Fontaine, Anthony Pappa. Roger Sanchez, Layo and Bushwacka all in the last few months at Centro-Fly. top djs and filled the place.

even without the huge names, there is still an amazing scene in NYC, that you just have to find. PM me and Ill let you know of a few dope parties with amazing djs in smaller intimate venues with an amazing VIBE.

I totally hear you on how the club scene in NYC has diminished to crap. Ahh the days back in 96-99, the days of the Tunnel, Twilo, Soundfactory, Vinyl, Life. Those were the days of clubbing, the days when music was more appreciated and there weren't all these wanna be djs that cannot spin for crap or can't find good music cause they are too busy downloading crap that sounds good off the internet. The vibe isn't there anymore either, you used to walk into a club and there was a mystic too what was goin on, and now its cheezy promoters who want to get in and out and make a good buck, instead of taking there time and creating a great party. The sad thing is that I don't know if we will ever be able to get back the club scene the way it was. I will say this, Im saving my pennies so I can start my own night, and get things back the way they were. But there are a few good parties left Factory Saturday nights, Filter 14 has good djs, discotheque, centro-fly and of course Danny at Arc. But how great would it be to have 5 clubs that you could choose from that every week there were great djs to choose from and the crowd was as great as it was back in the day..

MO

Originally posted by phunkee1

But there are a few good parties left Factory Saturday nights, Filter 14 has good djs, discotheque, centro-fly and of course Danny at Arc. MO

Whatz the low-down on discoteque? Open late? Am looking to do sat. after 2am. thanx:D

and btw, I MISS THE GOOD 'OLE DAYZ TOO!!:(

Originally posted by az-tec

ummm we had Digweed, Carl Cox, Seb Fontaine, Anthony Pappa. Roger Sanchez, Layo and Bushwacka all in the last few months at Centro-Fly. top djs and filled the place.

even without the huge names, there is still an amazing scene in NYC, that you just have to find. PM me and Ill let you know of a few dope parties with amazing djs in smaller intimate venues with an amazing VIBE.

Can you provide me with info on the club your mentioning above? Centro-Fly? Thank you!:D

the scene hasn't so much as died, but gone back underground to lounges and smaller venues... this in the long run will re-create that mystical feeling your all probably saying has vanished. check out The Sullivan Room on saturdays and thursdays at Centro-Fly. if your tellin' me the scene has died then i must be fxckin' blind and deaf (someone shoot me now)

the thing is u old school people been goin out too long...ofcourse ur gonna loose that feelin after a while...after u been goin out for years it becomes too routine and it doesnt feel the same....im not sain that nyc hasnt died down....im sure it has but still its not as horrible as people make it out to be