Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck Crobar

andrewthomas

Originally posted by steffy27

Hunny, you came with a bunch of guys and LATE! What did you expect was gonna happen, like Tony said you know how Crobar is and if you are trying to get a group of guys in your gonna have a problem. Pete DID go out of his way to try and help you out, stop bitching, it was your fault.

whos blaming pete

i said fuck crobar

i was with a bachlorette party and there as atleast 15 girls and 5 guys including me..

it dont matter thats crobars marketing sceme and trust me i know i was part of it at one time

why u think i dont do anything there

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by andrewthomas

dude i was at ur house at 11 dont play that with me lolol

cause when i got in my car after that it was 11:05

and u buggin it wasnt raining last night loll

I got to the door at 11:45 you got there after me. so who is buggin :confused::laugh:

A lot of clubs have them, kinda of part of the ritual of clubgoing. The best thing to do is to try and avoid them by getting there early or buying a bottle or two by splitting it with a few friends.

Now on Andrew's point, if your a club owner one of the hardest things is getting people to come to your club. The next biggest priority is to make sure clubbers have a good time. This starts at the front door. If you see people struggling and even leaving then you're doing something wrong. Period. :cool:

PS: I went to Space and had a blast. Music was great. Crowd had a good vibe. Oh, and I got in in less then 2 min. Why...the line was short (I got there at 11:45) and the club was still jammed.

i was on an all night list??

so whos buggin??

certianly not me

believe me i wouldnnt have had a problem if i wasnt with such a big group

but thats besides the point

if you where on the all night list. then you would have been able, to get in regardless of when you showed. stop whining that is the point...

Originally posted by sobeton

if you where on the all night list. then you would have been able, to get in regardless of when you showed. stop whining that is the point...

haa ok sure so i promised a group of 20 people and they only give me 2 comps and im not supposed to complain????

please anyone would complain if u brought a group of people and they try slappin $25 per head on ur group

fuk that u know ude bitch more then i did

I wouldn'tve paid $25 for the lackluster set on Friday...I just wasn't into it. Maybe I expected too much after his brillant sets during WMC, and the blistering masterpiece last December he threw down at crobar.

haa ok sure so i promised a group of 20 people and they only give me 2 comps and im not supposed to complain????

please anyone would complain if u brought a group of people and they try slappin $25 per head on ur group

nah I wouldn't bitch. I would just go someplace else and get over it..;)

Well, I had freinds in town this weekend, so I we headed to crobar on Saturday. Dave Waxman was the DJ, I got the guest list covered but of course the commotion at the door is rediculous. I know Matt Martinez is DJ'ing upstairs in the VIP and wanted to hear him also. Of course this VIP thing is a problem, when I have a group of people with me. I only manage a few bands and do not want to leave my friends hangin'.

The place was not too crowded and the main dance floor was trash, with people standing around, like they were in a lounge. As for Waxman, was he really drunk or what? The music selection was decent at best and at first I thought he was trying some build ups and breakdowns, but this was not that case when there is a 2 second pause in the music and we are left standing there with nothing to listen to. This did not happen once or twice but continuous. The trainwrecking was killing the vibe. My freinds were impressed with the club but not all the hassles and shit that came with it. Overall it was a average night. I have had much better at Crobar.

I like going to Opium and Crobar when there are good events, but the hassles bring enjoyment out of the evening. I usually take a fair number of woman and even ratio, but sometimes a group of guys wants to go out and meet some other woman, besides the ones we already know. For this I will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale or other smaller places in Sobe or the grove.

The problem with a post like this is that if we the people who are supposed to love the music and nightlife, are not willing to support it with our dollars then who will.

I think you're forgetting that a nightclub is a business which is there to make money. When you go to McDonalds , do you expect a free sandwich?

I've been in this business for over ten years and i don't expect to get in free every time i go out. Getting on the list is a courtesy given to us by clubs , it is not our right , it's a privilege.

AT maybe there is something I don't know about you, maybe you're a worldclass d.j., or a club owner, or a bigtime promoter in which case , bitch all you want. But if you feel you should get in free just because you post on club planet especially when they have Josh Wink playing , you're crazy!

Just my .02 cents

Aj

p.s. when was the last time you booked Josh?

Originally posted by aj2234

The problem with a post like this is that if we the people who are supposed to love the music and nightlife, are not willing to support it with our dollars then who will.

I think you're forgetting that a nightclub is a business which is there to make money. When you go to McDonalds , do you expect a free sandwich?

I've been in this business for over ten years and i don't expect to get in free every time i go out. Getting on the list is a courtesy given to us by clubs , it is not our right , it's a privilege.

AT maybe there is something I don't know about you, maybe you're a worldclass d.j., or a club owner, or a bigtime promoter in which case , bitch all you want. But if you feel you should get in free just because you post on club planet especially when they have Josh Wink playing , you're crazy!

Just my .02 cents

Aj

p.s. when was the last time you booked Josh?

AMEN! Being in the biz, I've often wondered how many of these people would be willing to do their job for free. I mean, when I do an event and you ask for a comp...you're asking me to do my job for free. Andrew, when you worked for Crobar, did you "comp" your services or did they pay your cover?

My favorite part is that you worked for the club...you wanted to go to the club on Friday...you got friends to go...but when you can't get in for free...THE CLUB SUCKS. How come it didn't suck before you had the problem.

I have been doing this for a long time and fortunately for me I can usually get in anywhere I want fast and free. However, I am in the biz and have earned it as well as returning the favor whenever I can. Occasionally I don't know the door guy or there's a big event so you know what I do??? I PAY!!! If it's worth going to it should be worth paying for.

thats the issue, there is a clear difference between being comped because you know someone /think you deserve it OR being comped because you are a journalist / promoter or in club business.

and being in the media does help but i have paid countless times at all clubs....

Originally posted by ogmiami

AMEN! Being in the biz, I've often wondered how many of these people would be willing to do their job for free. I mean, when I do an event and you ask for a comp...you're asking me to do my job for free. Andrew, when you worked for Crobar, did you "comp" your services or did they pay your cover?

My favorite part is that you worked for the club...you wanted to go to the club on Friday...you got friends to go...but when you can't get in for free...THE CLUB SUCKS. How come it didn't suck before you had the problem.

I have been doing this for a long time and fortunately for me I can usually get in anywhere I want fast and free. However, I am in the biz and have earned it as well as returning the favor whenever I can. Occasionally I don't know the door guy or there's a big event so you know what I do??? I PAY!!! If it's worth going to it should be worth paying for.

Amen again!

I don't mind paying when the event is worth, especially if the party or club is trying to get established.

good points, aj. yes, self-avowed dance music enthusiasts should show some support, but that support does not always equate to paying a cover charge. on nights when josh wink or some other big-name, out-of-town dj isn't spinning, clubs would do well to show some gratitude to the hardcore regulars who keep them afloat between superstar bookings. otoh, many people fail to appreciate that nightclubs are businesses, not charities. it's an ongoing balancing act that will never satisfy all of the parties involved.

personally, i'd rather show up early and wait inside than arrive at prime time and wait outside with dozens of people desperately trying to make eye contact with the door staff.

Originally posted by sobeton

not for nothing but you use to work for crobar. so you know what, a clusterfuck the front door is. I also got there pretty late, I knew there was the possibility, that I was not getting in for free. I was able to get in contact with Pete and he got me in. Pete also took sometime trying to find you, which I think was well above, the call of duty. your hating is really misplaced. you show little to no respect, for Pete’s efforts and that is just not right.

Amen to that!

Unless you're a big name Dj or resident DJ at a certain club, I doubt they'll let 20 people get in comped at ANY club....and if there is a club that'll do that for just anybody, please do tell cuz I wanna go....

Wait a minute...you invited 20 people to someone else's party?? Then you got upset because you looked bad??? Were you also wearing sneakers??

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Unless you're a big name Dj or resident DJ at a certain club, I doubt they'll let 20 people get in comped at ANY club....and if there is a club that'll do that for just anybody, please do tell cuz I wanna go....

:laugh: :laugh: True...