Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I heard that Gatien is not out of the biz after all...

And that he is going in half way with the guy from Boston to put Avalon on at LL...

That, and also that he was opening a lounge/club that is a little bit smaller somewhere in NYC.

Has anyone else heard this? (hint, hint Andy) Cause I thought he was not only out, but also physically OUT, b/c he was being deported back to Canada.

NYC could REALLY REALLY use a Gatien venue. I'd be astounded if it were true tho...

i also heard that Gatien is a part of the "behind the scenes" in Avalon.

wtf, that could mean anything.

since Limelight was once owned by Gatien, i am sure this could mean something as menial as the Avalon folks asking him questions about the place, consulting him for advice..

Not True,

he was attempting to help the crobar guys, a LOOOONG time ago, peter is the one who showed them the venue

>and i dont car what some asshole with the name "crobaR" in his screen name says>

peter showed them the venue, and it was rumored he mgiht be helping out, but as sooon as the community board heard this, THEY FLIPPED out, and crobar managment got the space on there own with out him, Because they couldnt risk it, They now have NOTHING to do with him, and he will never run a club in ny again, maybe in Montreal tho........ : )

oly>

Originally posted by bassboy

I think you might be thinking of when it was Estate?

no, I am keenly aware of estate club I was just kidding around, the rumour mill is hysterical to me- reading the posts, ' he showed the crobar people the location" etc. cracks me up, do you have his autograph??? lmao

He actually did,

: )

about 4 years ago, when they were intrested in coming here, how do i know? i use to work for him, and still to this day speak to him from time to tim,e

He had his eyes on the fondry space (Crobar) for years....way before limelight ever took off , and were talking pre 1991

how do i know this? Because i set it up with lockView RealEstate,

for peter, and denise

oly>

Originally posted by jaysea

He actually did,

: )

about 4 years ago, when they were intrested in coming here, how do i know? i use to work for him, and still to this day speak to him from time to tim,e

He had his eyes on the fondry space (Crobar) for years....way before limelight ever took off , and were talking pre 1991

how do i know this? Because i set it up with lockView RealEstate,

for peter, and denise

oly>

im buds with askenazy

Jaysea speaks the truth...

They used to talk about the space alot when I used to work in Peters office a couple of years ago. He was going to partner with Crobar til the comm. board found out and then they gave him the boot.

as far as I know Peter is not involved in any clubs anymore. He is just working on his movie/television series producing which I think will be really good for him.

a little inside info>

peter wasent the only one intrested in the Venue, Steve rubell the Guy who did STUDIO 54, looked into the same space, around the time he got the studio space, it was the third venue he looked at for his club idea, but he couldnt get it for legit reasons,

but it was the main Space he wanted, his second choise was the church on 14th now gone> Studio was his last option, but ended up to be Bigger then life, The Fondry was almost STUDIO, prob under a new name, cause the venue was named because it was an old ABC/nbc? Studio, on 54th st, nick named, <>STUDIO # 54

oh. andddddd

Everyone thinks peter was the first one who did the club in a church thing,

NOPE. in 1981-79-78 ?

a club opened in a church, it was called The Sanctuary, u can see the inside of the club if u rent the movie "Klute"

i know my shit, bitch, lol i might not be as into clubs i was 5 years ago, but i made my life it, cause it was a Dream, and im slowly seeing my dream become reality,

oly<>