Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (aka no2, nox2/nox2, etc.)

joeg

Cell-signaling vasodilators.

Feel the "perpetual pump.

Increase muscle size.

Increase strength.

Increase endurance.

Quicker recovery time.

Decrease muscle catabolism.

Nitric oxide. The “perpetual pump.†Cell-signaling vasodilators. You’ve heard about it, now it’s time to add it to your training program. What is vasodilation? In plain English, it’s when blood vessels dilate or relax. When blood vessels relax, they widen. Nitric oxide (NO) is the key here. NO is an important endogenous pulmonary vasodilator. As a vasodilator, nitric oxide has the ability to increase your body’s ability to deliver blood to working muscles. More blood means more oxygen and nutrients that are being pumped into skeletal muscles. All this translates into bigger, fuller pumps and better overall gains. In fact, with NO, you can expect increased muscle size, strength, endurance, and quicker recovery times.

i've read mixed reviews on this stuff... some people swear by it, otehrs don't see much gain... what got me reading about it, was that i was in gnc today, and the kid behind the counter brought it up... mentioned he was on it and seeing great results... (he even showed me his bag with the pills to prove he was actually on it, and not just saying that to sell it, lol)

anyone tried this? are there any negative effects?

Just b/c the extra Oxygen and nutrients are being delivered to the muscles does NOT mean that they will be unloaded at the tissues.

For example, our tissues only take up about 22 percent of the Oxygen that is delivered by the vessels - so more delivery does not neccessarily mean that the uptake will be increased. Same thing for nutrients - the nutrients must be needed by the tissues in order for them to be taken up.

If the body needs more Oxygen or nutrients - it will automatically send signals or hormones which will cause vasolidation - therefore; I don't see how this supplement would be needed, unless a person had problems, which inhibited vasolidation.

It is kinda like feeding a baby with a water hose instead of a bottle.

(of course this is assuming that NO2 actually causes vasolidation - and if it does a person with heart problems or who is on nitrates should avoid this product.)

Nautica

Originally posted by elitesnautica

Just b/c the extra Oxygen and nutrients are being delivered to the muscles does NOT mean that they will be unloaded at the tissues.

For example, our tissues only take up about 22 percent of the Oxygen that is delivered by the vessels - so more delivery does not neccessarily mean that the uptake will be increased. Same thing for nutrients - the nutrients must be needed by the tissues in order for them to be taken up.

If the body needs more Oxygen or nutrients - it will automatically send signals or hormones which will cause vasolidation - therefore; I don't see how this supplement would be needed, unless a person had problems, which inhibited vasolidation.

It is kinda like feeding a baby with a water hose instead of a bottle.

(of course this is assuming that NO2 actually causes vasolidation - and if it does a person with heart problems or who is on nitrates should avoid this product.)

Nautica

hmm... i see what you're saying...

the guy at gnc mentioned something about how you won't have "sore" muscles anymore, and you'll be able to workout more often (he said he works out every day) because of this... is there any truth to that?

is there any problem with using this stuff if you use any suppliments with ephedra?

oh, and thanks for the PSA, but i'm not on any medication...

Originally posted by wideskies

i didn't know the PSA was directed at me.. actually, i didn't even realize what it meant. i was thinking, initially, "PDA"... as in public display of affection. :P

lol... no, Public Service Announcement... :)

You say the guy at GNC works out everyday. That does not tell me alot. He could only work out one body part per day and that would not be overtraining. If he works everbody part everyday then that would be.

What does this guy look like. Also, did he show you the illegal supplements in his bag???

I doubt NO2 would have much effect on recovery times. Sounds like to me he is trying to make a sale. It may be worth the money for him - but he probably gets his free.

When it comes to supplements - I always say keep it basic as possible and if you can get it from whole foods - that is where it needs to come from.

Nautica

You say the guy at GNC works out everyday. That does not tell me alot. He could only work out one body part per day and that would not be overtraining. If he works everbody part everyday then that would be.

What does this guy look like. Also, did he show you the illegal supplements in his bag???

I doubt NO2 would have much effect on recovery times. Sounds like to me he is trying to make a sale. It may be worth the money for him - but he probably gets his free.

When it comes to supplements - I always say keep it basic as possible and if you can get it from whole foods - that is where it needs to come from.

Nautica

yeah i was kinda vague... lemme elaborate...

he wasn't "huge" but he was big for his body type...

nothing illegal... the supplements in his bag were the no2... he was illustrating that hes on them, and showed me his 2nd dosage was with him (i assume he works there until the store closes at 10pm, because it was like 7pm when we went)...

he didn't elaborate on his workouts, so i really don't know... but what he basically stressed was that he doesn't get sore and his veins stay "pumped" 24 hours after a workout...

he really wasn't 'gung ho' to sell me anything... i think hes paid per hour, not comission anyhow...

i have no interest in anything illegal or dangerous... i'm not trying to win competitions... i'm just trying to use every angle available in my current (moddest) routine...

i had ordered a bottle of nox3 off the internet when i got home last night after doing some research... it was only $30 shipped... (as opposed to no2 @ gnc for $80)

i figure, worst case scenario, i wasted $30... no big deal... best case scenario, it helps...

oh, 1 last thing, is he showed me some magazine had a diagram comparing muscles formed using "creatine" which were said to be 'mushy' and have a lot of water in them with muscles formed while using no2 which where 'solid'... i didn't really put much stock in that, considering its way out of my field of expertise... and chalked it up to a marketing ploy... but does that make any sense?

thanks for the input... you've definately helped me understand how this is 'supposed' to work better... and i won't be shocked if it doesn't do much...

Muscles are built the same way no matter which supplement is used. They are broken down during exercise and rebuilt through protein synthesis. There is no such thing as muscles built with creatine vs. NO2 or any other supplement for that matter.

If a person seemed to be holding water on creatine - then it was most likely creatine which contained sugars - which could cause him to hold water. Not the creatine.

Keep in mind when you speak to a person working at GNC - they are usually high school or college kids which make about $7 per hour - it does in no way make them an expert.

He may have not personally been trying to sell you something - but the maker of the supplement come around and talk up their products to the people who work at these places - so he was proably already sold a bill of goods and was just passing it on - b/c he did not know any better.

Nautica

Muscles are built the same way no matter which supplement is used. They are broken down during exercise and rebuilt through protein synthesis. There is no such thing as muscles built with creatine vs. NO2 or any other supplement for that matter.

If a person seemed to be holding water on creatine - then it was most likely creatine which contained sugars - which could cause him to hold water. Not the creatine.

Keep in mind when you speak to a person working at GNC - they are usually high school or college kids which make about $7 per hour - it does in no way make them an expert.

He may have not personally been trying to sell you something - but the maker of the supplement come around and talk up their products to the people who work at these places - so he was proably already sold a bill of goods and was just passing it on - b/c he did not know any better.

Nautica

yeah, i kinda figured...

thanks for the input!

My friend bought a book on it for like a dollar and they give you workouts to do.....he started doing the workouts taking no supplements but a clean diet and protein and then he began taking No2 and in the 21 day cycle his about 16-17days and wow it you're looking to spend some money well worth it my friend is living proof(well for me at least) that this stuff works soon i will be picking up a bottle as well

matt

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

My friend bought a book on it for like a dollar and they give you workouts to do.....he started doing the workouts taking no supplements but a clean diet and protein and then he began taking No2 and in the 21 day cycle his about 16-17days and wow it you're looking to spend some money well worth it my friend is living proof(well for me at least) that this stuff works soon i will be picking up a bottle as well

matt

How do you know his gains were because of the supplement, and not just because of the different workouts?

because in the time hes being working out without the no2 compared the same amount time with it the no2 he also showed me his log and the numbers are much of an increase with the supplement

Was he following the same workout the whole time? How long did he follow the workout without NO2 before using it? Was there any rest period in between the with/without phases? Much more information is needed...

he didnt change up his workout at all you have to buy the no2 book it tells you what workouts to do how many reps sets rest time etc..

yeah, the guy at gnc mentioned that book, but he was out of stock...

is the no2 supposed to yield better gains if you do whats outlined in the book? or can you continue on whatever schedule you're on and just add it to the existing repetoire?

It is interesting to watch the supplement companies come out with wonder drugs and it seems like everybody jumps on the band wagon - just waiting to turn into "Arnold" - only to jump off and catch the next wagon they come up with.

You would think by now that the people who jump on these band wagons would be massive with super cuts. But, they are just the same person with empty pockets.

Nautica

i also find it amusing how the back of weight loss (i know this isn't the type of supplement we're talking about, but...) supplement boxes always contain the fine print about it only guaranteed effective when combined with regular exercise and a 1200 calorie diet.

On NO2:

I was fooled by the claims and was naive enough to try MRI NO2 ($80). From someone who works out regularly and eats a high-protein, low-carb diet, my advice is do not waste your money. I took the stuff for as long as the majority of the bottle lasted, and then got fed up with the lack of results and threw the rest of it out. I have personally never seen anyone who was not either extremely skinny or overweight working at GNC, and I have always found them to be all about the sale. Additionally, I find it hilarious that any supplement company, such as was mentioned, would publish a workout book detailing specific exercises to be done in conjunction with the use of their product. Use some common sense here; you know what you should be doing in the gym and what works for you, regardless of what some corporate asshole who's only out for the $$$ says.

"You see I'm ambidextrous - I slap ass with both hands."

790953.jpg

It is interesting to watch the supplement companies come out with wonder drugs and it seems like everybody jumps on the band wagon - just waiting to turn into "Arnold" - only to jump off and catch the next wagon they come up with.

You would think by now that the people who jump on these band wagons would be massive with super cuts. But, they are just the same person with empty pockets.

Nautica

exactly...the only way to get real gains is by hard work and proper diet. i always laugh at people who think that by takin this crap they buy from gnc they are gonna get these ridiculous results by taking this crap.

Originally posted by chrismakk69

exactly...the only way to get real gains is by hard work and proper diet. i always laugh at people who think that by takin this crap they buy from gnc they are gonna get these ridiculous results by taking this crap.

i don't think that anyone thinks these pills are going to do the work for them...

but if it adds anything to hard work and proper diet... then why not...