Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Now That Metro Is Over, There Is No Where To Go In Nj..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by carguy19

Theres some surprises for Taste too that nobody knows about too!!!!

Im sitting here with a big smile on my face, I may announce it tomorrow

...yea....that's what i'm hearin .......i like taste....but it's small....sometimes though.....i am lookin for a smaller trendier place...........but taste isn't concentrating just on sat either? right?...............eh......i'll be all over.........:D

Originally posted by badassmafuka

carguy I totally agree it may take some away but last year Tommy D stopped promoting (because he didnt want anymore people than 800) Saturdays because we would do 800 and that would be confortable

we are going to be really picky at the door this fall... so if we have 700 or 800 it will be beautiful people very well dressed

awww but dont ugly people need to have fun too :( j/k

Originally posted by H-BomB

I heard they got shutdown by the town. The town is making the bar across the street close at 1:30 am now.. and metro already had it's liquer license practically stripped..

Sorry youre misinformed. They still have a liquor license they did not get shut down. The hours of operation did change and the summer came so they closed Metro and completely gutted the place and opened Merge for the summer. NO ONE GOT SHUT DOWN. Let me ask you this if they lost their liquor license do you think they would spend a ton of money on renovations and rebuilding the place to make it a juice bar???? Wake up dude.

Originally posted by carguy19

Theres some surprises for Taste too that nobody knows about too!!!!

Im sitting here with a big smile on my face, I may announce it tomorrow

Let me guess? they ar eactually gonna mop that filthy floor?

j/k Carl, though you should tell Ernesto that he needs to clean that dirty place.

I also agree that Metro Friday's are not goin to be the same, I'm hoping that Circa is going to be good

Caruch, you can always try that new palce in Fairfield, you know? the one for 21 year old grown ups :laugh:

LIMELIGHT!!!

"METRO" IS FAR ,FAR, FAR from over. Let me reitorate(sp?)

MetroFridays PARTY is Moving to SouthPARK and yes, we will soup up that club as much as we possibly can with the addition of all of our lights/sound/ and some other surprises.

CiRCA (in the former location of ML in the ramada inn),which will be a phat Lounge/resturant ,NOT, a siiick nightclub with sick sound,lights,liquid blast and all the mayhem of or other clubs,but , it WILL be a great, ORIGINAL addition the the nightlife in jersey. I am VERY EXCITED FOR CiRCA!

Granted, i will not argue, Metro Lounge in Rochelle Park was one of the most awsome rooms we could possibly hope for. The size, location, parking, Air conditioning:D :rolleyes: . But you have to keep one thing in mind, what MAKES us all love that room, or any room that you may happen to like, is WHAT WENT ON IN THAT ROOM, AND THE MEMORIES OF WHAT WENT ON IN THAT ROOM GAVE YOU................Thats what makes you love it, now add into that (as our commercial says) the crowd, the atmosphere, the music IS AWSOME ...........WHAM!!! There is the VIBE!!!

The vibe is what counts everyone!!!

And a vibe is CREATED.THATS what we have at Merge, THATS what we had at Metro. THAT WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE. You cannot BUY a vibe, you cannot TEACH somone to create a vibe.......ITS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PEOPLE, AND ITS HOW WHAT YOU DO IN THAT ROOM MAKES....THOSE PEOPLE........FEEL!!!!!!

And if it is all of you, the metro/merge family, the staff, Richie Rydell, EVERYONE, in the same room you will feel the vibe again. Trust me, all that we ask for is a large room, good sound, plenty of parking, 4 walls, and you will feel the same energy and vibe WHEREVER we through a party. Am i gonna miss Metro Lounge.............FUCK YEAH!! Thats our home, BUT, the bond that we have built with the Metro/Merge family, the consitintcy of what is is that we do, can be TRANSFERED anywhere we may go weather we open our own club in Jersey or NYC, or throw a party in someone elses, the VIBE is something that i can guarentee willl be there. Thats about the ONLY thing that i can guarentee in this business.

And when everybody least expects it, your gonna hear about a MASSIVE club opening in the near future, maybe on this side of the river,maybe on the other side, dont be surprised if you see a huge

ML

stamped on the side of the building....................

If i remember correctly, a club closed down a Long time ago in nyc and then re-opened a few years later under the same name, i think it was called something like, ummm, soaund factorie? Ring any bells?:D

ML

4EVA!

:D

Also, as Kosta pointed out,

we did NOT loose our liquor liscense

the town did NOT shut us down

they could NOT even stop us from doing afterhours and serving drink tickets till 7 or 8am!!!!:eek:

You didnt think we did all those things by accident, did you?

The only thing that they were ABLE to do, after ammending there "LOOP HOLE FILLED ORDINCNCES" 3 DIFFERENT times is change the closing time for the ENTIRE town of rochelle park. Guess they should have thought of that a long time ago.........but then again Jersey would have never ever experienced afterhours.

Believe me, i would have much rather just be doing business as usual, but , that was not the case. I think we handled the hand we were delt pretty damm good. Like i told you, we aint goin anywhere:D

I think in the end ,you the customers are gonna benifet from all of this.................NEW QUALITY PARTIES! In a lot more different venues.

I'm going to miss the old Metro big fucking time!!!!!

It will be hard to replace!!!!

Rydell/Metro to SP

It would be to me like moving the Tempts/Denny party to Xs.

JP/SF to Roxy

Junior/Twilo to Exit (happen and sucked)

Joeys/Moo thurs to Facades !!!!!!!

I know it was a move you guys had to do and I will try to show as much support as I can, but that area is hard for me and the best part about the old Metro was the hotel was my home on fridays, pregame before Metro and afterhours after afterhours!!!!

Still will try to make it out as much as possible!!!!

George do you think you guys can just make a 3 room hotel connected to SP for a good costumer ?????

Originally posted by misk

...yea....that's what i'm hearin .......i like taste....but it's small....sometimes though.....i am lookin for a smaller trendier place...........but taste isn't concentrating just on sat either? right?...............eh......i'll be all over.........:D

We are concentrating on Saturday after Labor day misky. Size doesn't matter :laugh: We have a lot of really good things happening too this fall /winter......

PS they just had the floors refinished !!! :laugh:

Originally posted by tempkid

I'm going to miss the old Metro big fucking time!!!!!

It will be hard to replace!!!!

Rydell/Metro to SP

It would be to me like moving the Tempts/Denny party to Xs.

JP/SF to Roxy

Junior/Twilo to Exit (happen and sucked)

Joeys/Moo thurs to Facades !!!!!!!

I know it was a move you guys had to do and I will try to show as much support as I can, but that area is hard for me and the best part about the old Metro was the hotel was my home on fridays, pregame before Metro and afterhours after afterhours!!!!

Still will try to make it out as much as possible!!!!

George do you think you guys can just make a 3 room hotel connected to SP for a good costumer ?????

Dude there is a hotel right next door to SP. As a matter of fact I think it is a Ramada in too. its really right there so your pre game can continue

Originally posted by kostaP

Sorry youre misinformed. They still have a liquor license they did not get shut down. The hours of operation did change and the summer came so they closed Metro and completely gutted the place and opened Merge for the summer. NO ONE GOT SHUT DOWN. Let me ask you this if they lost their liquor license do you think they would spend a ton of money on renovations and rebuilding the place to make it a juice bar???? Wake up dude.

Dude don't get your panties in a bunch, it's just something I heard.. and I do know factually (My cousin is a detective 2 towns over) they want metro OUT. Brings in an unwanted crowd, bad publicity, and of course lots of drugs.

Originally posted by ml2k3

"METRO" IS FAR ,FAR, FAR from over. Let me reitorate(sp?)

CiRCA (in the former location of ML in the ramada inn),which will be a phat Lounge/resturant ,NOT, a siiick nightclub with sick sound,lights,liquid blast and all the mayhem of or other clubs,but , it WILL be a great, ORIGINAL addition the the nightlife in jersey. I am VERY EXCITED FOR CiRCA!

:D

Dude I'm confused. Metro is not going to be metro when it reopens it's going to be called CiRCA? And it's going to be a lounge/resturaunt not a nightclub like it was? I don't see how it's going to be any good, every lounge in NJ has come and go and quite QUICKLY might I add..

This is pretty much the joke I must say, this thread is about north jersey this fall and that there’s “No Place to goâ€

Ok so yes Metro is a Staple and made it’s mark and will be a success where ever they go……. Friday with metro @ South park will be a Hit.

However my dear puppies, you can clearly tell how much of this thread is driven by “the promoter or promoters “ the all new Door man promoters “ Etc Etc Etc…

Did Anyone forget about JOEYS !!!!!!!!! and SOUNDGARDEN……….. oh But of course I guess they don’t have people that work for them or that promote them on this board

Sorry but there so few on this board that really know the deal… the rest …Well :jerkoff:

and one more thing on the " City " I'd rather Watch Bowling on ABC on saturday afternoons

Originally posted by thefamousmred

This is pretty much the joke I must say, this thread is about north jersey this fall and that there’s “No Place to goâ€

Ok so yes Metro is a Staple and made it’s mark and will be a success where ever they go……. Friday with metro @ South park will be a Hit.

However my dear puppies, you can clearly tell how much of this thread is driven by “the promoter or promoters “ the all new Door man promoters “ Etc Etc Etc…

Did Anyone forget about JOEYS !!!!!!!!! and SOUNDGARDEN……….. oh But of course I guess they don’t have people that work for them or that promote them on this board

Sorry but there so few on this board that really know the deal… the rest …Well :jerkoff:

:clap:

thats what i wanted to say in my post , but i couldnt defend north jersey since i havent gone anywhere other than metro in quite a while, because of that i just defended "central jersey" cause we got some decent parties goin on here.

Originally posted by roque1

:clap:

thats what i wanted to say in my post , but i couldnt defend north jersey since i havent gone anywhere other than metro in quite a while, because of that i just defended "central jersey" cause we got some decent parties goin on here.

Your blessed:blank:

Originally posted by thefamousmred

This is pretty much the joke I must say, this thread is about north jersey this fall and that there’s “No Place to go”

- Soundgarden and Joeys are often praised on this board, but you wouldn't know b/c you started posting yesterday.

The difference is those are more like bars than clubs (not saying that in a bad way either)