Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DAMN Win32.Blaster

My virus scan keeps comin up with a virus and I keep deleting it. Also, the computer feels the need to restart itself every half hour now. Fuckin Hackers....what the fuck is the point in this virus shit? Anyone caught creating viruses should be treated as a terrorist and taken to gauntonomo bay. Fuckin assholes. Half the times they actually get jobs in computer security after they get caught. :mad:

I hate macs. im just bitter cause i never learned how to use one and the only time i ever used them is for adobe. they're nice computers though. I hate hackers with a passion! They always fuck shit up and blame it on corporate america...assholes:bigfinge:

I think I got it on my desktop. I'm on my laptop right now. My CD Rom was all messed up so I restarted and went into setup and it won't detect my D: drive and it keeps telling me to insert the boot disk. Where do I get a boot disk from? Can I download it from somewhere?

Originally posted by bbbooom

a boot disk like win nt or win95 or 98 ya knowwwwww

This worm only affects Windows XP and 2000; not NT, 95, or 98. It's asking for a boot disk for the A drive, not a CD rom for the D or E drive. I'm going to try to put the windows 2000 CD in my drive and see if I can do a repair.

:type::pissy:

Here's the link to protect your PC if you haven't installed the patch yet:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Before you run installing Windows updates, make sure you don't have the bug on your machine. Download the attached file and run it to see if you have it, it will remove it if you do have it. After you finish running this patch it will ask you if you want to go to Microsoft and download the patches.

Took me like five minutes to remove the bug, don't bother calling Symantec.

P.S.: If someone doesn't trust the validity of the FixBlast.exe file, it is digitally signed, you can download signature check at http://www.wmsoftware.com/free.htm

Originally posted by rrazzorr

Before you run installing Windows updates, make sure you don't have the bug on your machine. Download the attached file and run it to see if you have it, it will remove it if you do have it. After you finish running this patch it will ask you if you want to go to Microsoft and download the patches.

Took me like five minutes to remove the bug, don't bother calling Symantec.

P.S.: If someone doesn't trust the validity of the FixBlast.exe file, it is digitally signed, you can download signature check at http://www.wmsoftware.com/free.htm

I was just going to say if u download the patch, after that everything is alright and it's really fixable, fast.

Obviously it might take a couple restarts to finish the whole process, but once it's done, your computer will be cured.

Best thing to do as said above is download the Microsoft patch

(on the microsoft site) and after that just to be safe download any critical windows security updates, also found on the site.

I don't understand these fcuking hackers, don't they have something better to do with their life?

Apparently within the code of the virus they wrote a lil note to Bill Gates saying Billy Gates why do you make this possible to do to your software! Fix it!

So weird and unecessary and IMO is not a very good motive to do any of this.

Only good thing is at least this virus is not destructive--now that...would suck.

Originally posted by thehunter

I hate macs. im just bitter cause i never learned how to use one and the only time i ever used them is for adobe. they're nice computers though. I hate hackers with a passion! They always fuck shit up and blame it on corporate america...assholes:bigfinge:

...You have no idea what you're talking about.....

I can't even start my PC. It keeps asking me to put a boot disk in drive A. I don't have one. I guess I'm going to have to just do a fresh copy of Windows 2000 and lose everything. Is there any way of using a different boot disk?

Originally posted by DarrellG

I can't even start my PC. It keeps asking me to put a boot disk in drive A. I don't have one. I guess I'm going to have to just do a fresh copy of Windows 2000 and lose everything. Is there any way of using a different boot disk?

Not sure about that...

But did u try to boot up in safe mode? Don't know if it would make a difference but you could try...