Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club XS

Sorry for such a late post, but just back in work from the weekend now.

Started with the idea of Merge not being the pandamonium that it was, so quickly said FCUK THAT and headed to my only other option...XS.

Place was pretty empty when we got there, but quickly filled up with a nice crowd (minus that one group of trashy guys on the dancefloor).

Music...AWESOME. I had the best time I ever had there. Much props to DJ Teo T!!! Not only is he one cool mofo (thanks for the card man), but was loving the song selection! Loved hearing "Finally" (love that tune) and thanks for the FULL verson of a certain tune ("The girls wanna hear the whole song, not the dub." "Do you wanna hear it?" "Ok, I know it's cheesy, but....YEAH!" lol). Didn't make it 'til the end (damn partying like Rock Stars...how the hell do they do it? Thanks to XS' best bartender Nicole for that! *grin*) to hear "Touch Me" (does anyone else still love this song no matter how many times they hear it?), "Deep Kemical", and some others that now are slipping my mind that my friends told me about. Also, the sound is so much better than Memorial Day weekend...Teo was out on the floor at least 3 or 4 times that I noticed checking on it.

All in all a great night and glad to have so many varied options down the shore.

addaboy

Guest saleen351

I like teo too but is it still 20 bones to get in, XS was supposed to be my poor nite out. How did it sound in there???

I WENT TO XS 2 WEEKS AGO AND TEO WAS TEARING IT UP...THEN WENT BACK AGAIN TO XS LAST WEEKEND AFTER MERGE AND I WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED...WHAT THE HELL WAS HE MIXING...FUCKING WHITNEY HOUSTON CRAP AND COMMERCIAL SHIT...I THINK HE SHOULD RETIRE SOME OF HIS RECORDS cwm23.gif

Originally posted by saleen351:

I like teo too but is it still 20 bones to get in, XS was supposed to be my poor nite out. How did it sound in there???

Nah, only $10 on Saturday night. Had the hand stamp to prove it! Can that get any more obnoxious? Hell, you can't even scrub it off the next day!

Sounded fine. So much better than two weeks ago...I left after an hour b/c the sound was so bad then.

Originally posted by drama:

Addaboy:

I always loved TEO's music - I used to go to Bermuda last year just to hear him. I know people bashed him when he was at Tempts, but I think he just needed his own space to explore his talents....

How are the renovations?

Drama ..... cwm26.gif

Drama,

I hear ya. I was at Bermuda many a weekend last year too.

Renovations? Well OK I guess. Definitely a different look. Just something ODD about it to me. Can't quite put my finger on what, but something. Still cool though...like the outside deck.

Also, there were a few cops in the bathroom waiting for people to walk out of those stalls. Be careful kids!

addaboy

Originally posted by Addaboy1:

Nah, only $10 on Saturday night. Had the hand stamp to prove it! Can that get any more obnoxious? Hell, you can't even scrub it off the next day!

LMAO!!! I cant stand the damn hand stamps!!!! i practically scrubbed my skin off the next day just trying to remove it!

------------------

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Addaboy:

I always loved TEO's music - I used to go to Bermuda last year just to hear him. I know people bashed him when he was at Tempts, but I think he just needed his own space to explore his talents....

How are the renovations?

Drama ..... cwm26.gif

Teo has really picked up his music. He is playing alot better since last summer. I like working more since the music has gotten better. He does gets commericial, but I quess you have too. cwm10.gif

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by cmb1975:

LMAO!!! I cant stand the damn hand stamps!!!! i practically scrubbed my skin off the next day just trying to remove it!

my friends think I'm a dirt bag, that shit lasted 3 days.... Sat before mem day it was 20 bucks....Good time bad cover charge..Teo is too comfortable in the booth, has no energy and no one competiting for the job... Manny is ok at best... Bring is Boris or richie santana or mad myles..

i dont understand this to well...everyone wants Commercial..if the DJ doesnt play shit nobody know everyone get upset and stops dancin..there has to be a middle..either

you go to clubs that play comercial or you go to clubs they play PHAT MUZIK..

from what i have heard TEO is pretty good..and thats from a good source..

so let him play what he plays..Cuz he is playing for YOU. cwm23.gif KILL~~~~~~~~~~~~

ATTN: THIS IZ NOT AN EXPLANATION NOR A RETALIATION!

Picture this....In whateva u do In life as far as work, day to day, whateva....Imagine there was people watchin ur every move, every word, every action.......ok u got that......now......put all these people In one place to review how u talk, how u walk, how u work, how u think!!!...... B a little wierd huh??.....Would U pass there test???

The truth of the matter Is I find this board to be quite amusing to say the least.....

Now for me I'll take bad reviews as well as good cause I really do believe u need to hear both to grow within urself...BUT...to say I'm good or bad because I played this, or I played that, really dosen't make much sense or really mean much to me.....In fact I don't care if a song is a week, a month, or a year old....If It's a good song n I'm fellin It at that moment I'm gonna play it!!!... and chances are if u were to come weekly u would neva hear the same set twice!!! Some weeks betta than otha's....NO DOUBT.... but I play what I feel at that moment n will continue to do so... and as far as comparing what I do to what others may do Is also a waste of time....but like I said this Is not an explanation.....!!

I've been Involved with music, clubs, otha dj's, and whateva else the Industry has thrown my way for most of my life....I've had the opportunity to see alot of In's n out's, up's n down's, also good n bad's and if it's one thing I have learned it's that there will neva-eva-eva be ONE person that can do it all for u!! Whether It's singing, producing, remixing, dj'ing, etc,etc....It's just too broad a spectrum.....all u can really do is be happy with all the diversity n choices that are availible for us!!!

As far as what ur summer has to offer (n future for that matter) is up to u....maybe u'll find someplace or somthing new.....maybe u'll be introduced to a new sound or feeling u never thought was possible.....but DON'T restrict urself from what could be.......make ur own choices n decisions.....and don't let anyone hold u down in life.....!!!

ALWAYS>>>>BE YOURSELF!!!

TEO......

------------------

Relax ur mind.....Lay back n groove with mine!

Teo--

Couldn't have put it better. Hell, I think you have been tearing it up this summer (and ya know we stuck by you through the bad days at BC). If you could please all the people all the time, then you have something that nobody in this world has.

Play the way that you want---the way you are feeling it.

G

Originally posted by RkDaFnkyBt:

Picture this....In whateva u do In life as far as work, day to day, whateva....Imagine there was people watchin ur every move, every word, every action.......ok u got that......now......put all these people In one place to review how u talk, how u walk, how u work, how u think!!!...... B a little wierd huh??.....Would U pass there test???

The truth of the matter Is I find this board to be quite amusing to say the least.....

Now for me I'll take bad reviews as well as good cause I really do believe u need to hear both to grow within urself...BUT...to say I'm good or bad because I played this, or I played that, really dosen't make much sense or really mean much to me.....In fact I don't care if a song is a week, a month, or a year old....If It's a good song n I'm fellin It at that moment I'm gonna play it!!!... and chances are if u were to come weekly u would neva hear the same set twice!!! Some weeks betta than otha's....NO DOUBT.... but I play what I feel at that moment n will continue to do so... and as far as comparing what I do to what others may do Is also a waste of time....but like I said this Is not an explanation.....!!

I've been Involved with music, clubs, otha dj's, and whateva else the Industry has thrown my way for most of my life....I've had the opportunity to see alot of In's n out's, up's n down's, also good n bad's and if it's one thing I have learned it's that there will neva-eva-eva be ONE person that can do it all for u!! Whether It's singing, producing, remixing, dj'ing, etc,etc....It's just too broad a spectrum.....all u can really do is be happy with all the diversity n choices that are availible for us!!!

As far as what ur summer has to offer (n future for that matter) is up to u....maybe u'll find someplace or somthing new.....maybe u'll be introduced to a new sound or feeling u never thought was possible.....but DON'T restrict urself from what could be.......make ur own choices n decisions.....and don't let anyone hold u down in life.....!!!

ALWAYS>>>>BE YOURSELF!!!

TEO......

Can I get an AMEN!!!!??????!!!!!!!

cwm38.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

Mama always said, It is best to Look like Jackie O, than a Jacked Up Ho!!

Originally posted by RkDaFnkyBt:

ALWAYS>>>>BE YOURSELF!!!

TEO......

Very well said. Something all of us need to be reminded of now and again.

addaboy

I've been listening to Teo T spin since his Beach Club days. I think he's really good and a cool person to chat w/. XS's crowd is not all club heads he has some locals that go in there that want to hear stuff they hear on KTU. He's got MUSIC it just won't go over in XS. I think he does a real good job reading the room he's playing for cwm12.gif

XS guy I'm sure I know you if you work there. I'm little curious as to why you posted that we had to go to Temps last Sat or we were fired. That's just plain fucked up. Most of us go there ANYWAY on Sundays after Surf Club and we were getting VIPS if we went. We were asked to go to support the club. XS< TEMPS< BAMBOO (all same owner) put alot of $$$$ in your pocket every summer. You have a lot to lose too! We all went together to support our happy little family. Don't go trashing the place that work in. You should have been happy to go

Archived