Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CPI Labor Day Weekend

Hey all. To give you all the scoop on what is going on at CPI it goes as follows. This is the last year for the club, the good times are over and the club scene in the Hamptons in general are not what they used to be. I will be returning for the "Last Dance" weekend on Saturday night, as you all know Jonathan will be there Sunday. The sound will be the way it USED TO be, I was there last night going over things and they agreed to have everything fixed for the weekend. Next this ENTIRE WEEKEND WILL BE AIR CONDITIONED!!!!!!!! They are parking a big ass tractor trailer in the back that is used to cool down movie sets, the person who operates the system was at the club and said it should be rather CHILLY!! The light show will be insane for the LAST weekend and that is provided by my friend Marcus of Concepts 2000. Musically I truly feel that it should be a CPI sound, we all know at one time that room would break new records every week and they would become the ANTHEMS of the summer. I hate to call it a classic night because it will not be that there will be TONS of new beats but I MUST remember the hits that made this room so special! I am sad to see it go put happy to be a part of the last weekend. I hope all the old faces come out and all the new ones from Tavern this year, that has been SOME PARTY and I cant wait til next year! This should be a great night, I hope you will be a part of Hamptons history!

Jason Ojeda - DJ @ CPI!!! :-)

JASON I am so glad you are gonna be back for this special weekend you were a major part of this venue for so many years it just would not have been right if you were not here. Cant wait till that weekend. I will have some Jaeger chilling for us after work so bring a driver. LOL . You have been a great friend and coworker for years between CPI and Slopes and you never know what i have up my sleeve for this Winter

I hope there aren't any run-ins with the law regarding the length of the afterhours on Sunday. I sincerely hope that the party does not end early.

I also hope that the half-assed VIP section directly in front of the dj booth is torn down for this event.

Should be a great night.

And Senor Ojeda, you've created nothing but great memories for me at that place. Both you and DJ Rob James have created the most incredible Hamptons experiences of my young life.

Hats off to you for bringing an incredible, creative, diverse blend of House Music to the Hamptons, making it one of the nastiest scenes outside of New York City.

That VIP area was put in at the request of the promoters and was actually argued about as we did not want it there on stage. We finally caved as long as the area was removable, they actually wanted booths built there which we said no. But have no fear they are gone thank god

should be a great weekend both nights

The man is taking back the room that was and will always respectfully be his, the main room at CPI. When I heard Jason was not going to be spinning at CPI this summer, I thought man it's going to suck. I've been going there since 99' and all you know is OJEDA up in the booth every Saturday night. It is a shame that this club is closing, because there were so many good times, in that club.

I have been waiting for this all summer, and have been saying Jason is going to come back one last time to rip it up, and what a better time, Labor Day weekend. It's a good thing that they are bringing in the old lighting guy and soundsystem. Oh and I was also pretty damn pissed that they turned the stage into a VIP area and Im glad too see my old spot will be back Labor Day weekend.

You think we can do it like old times open up FREEDOM and have ROB spin some afterhours like the good ol days. Anyway it's great too see that you're doing it one more time, and that one last time CPI will be the way it once was with it's legendary DJ at the helm. See everyone Saturday...

I'm not one to make request but here goes. anybody that has been to CPI's years ago know theese 3 are CPI classics that NEED to be played!

1) Relentless, with the fog horn goin off right before the keys lead into the beat

2) Steve miller Band - c'mon and dance (J.Ojeda mix)

3)last but not least This Joy

We all know the Kim English Mindtrap- Missing you has to be played. One track that Jason rocked but I never really heard it take off was the HEX HECTOR REMIX OF BREATHE, THAT WAS A HOT TRACK. Another was Overdrive/ Dj Sandy vs Housetrap. But like he said it's not going to be a classics night, but I am sure the man will be bringing some of the Anthems out of the crates Im sure. There quite a few that made that main room, absolutely amazing at times, like when he mixed Jessica Folkker for like 25 mins and kept looping and then hit everyone with the break down. See you all Saturday....