Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Spin-Off Winner.......

lyrik

Guest saleen351

who ever played clocks was aweful, he was all over the place, trance, house, progressive etc..... I understand they have to rock it out quick cause they don't get all night, but for the hour or so i was there, the last spinner and oscar were terrible...

though oscar did play a vocal, which shocked the hell out of me, his set started off real bad... so we jetted... og, if you are ever gonna dip into the vocals, word to the wise, drop an accapella then bring the beat in, not that shit you pulled last night.. that was amature hour....

btw, the lights are much darker, but the programming was wack! blinded me, and didn't match the beats...

Saleen you make me laugh with your posts their funny as fuck---but i do have to agree with you on 34"s lights......WAY too bright and colorful...sometimes i feel like im in tha blazin ass sun...and they do mismatch beats and lights sometimes ive noticed...i read your reveiw about 34's opening months ago on CJ and u had me laughin my ass off with the disneyland thing...i miss the old club badly...but you shouldnt be mean to Oscar about his opening track..maybe he was a lil distracted...you know Ogs sets are usually flawless....cmon....give the guy a break...hes almost always on point....as far as the winner of the spin off---i was totally feelin Diaga"s set--dark and dirty----whoaaaaa---kid took me by suprise....i did hear a tiny wreck or 2 but didnt hold it against him....wouldnt you be a lil nervous also if u were up there for the 1st time? Congrats to Diaga

Originally posted by clubspaceguy

still not sure if ill go it . prolly will need to save up for ferry corsten

It'll be comp admission through .cooljunkie....so you have no excuse not to go.

Diaga will be on 93.1 2 nights in a row...once live at Space, and then the next night on the Global DJ Broadcast.

This Thursday, he'll be on The Roof, as well...

www.theroof.tv

Thanks to all that came out last sat. It was an amazing feeling to

have full house for the event. The club looked amazing from up

there esp. with everyone wearing the red blinking dot from the

bacardi thing. Thanks to the people and the sponsors who made

the event possible and to all the faces in the first rows... you

know who you are. Thanks. Oscar.

Let me start off with this disclaimer"

EVERYONE DID A GOOD JOB!!!!!!!

I personally expected to hear something different. Something out of the usual. After all, Cool Junkies did mention that the judges would be voting on "mixing skills" and "music selections". I remember visiting their website and reading "Try not to throw the usual known tracks." So what do I think.....these "judges" are going to enforce their rules and Space 34 should be throwing some new and unheard of sounds on Saturday night. I went with the mentality thinking that the three contestants each have one hour to shine and being that this was the last judged event, I can only guess that what they threw was the best of their best in their collection.

To be honest with you I just didn't feel it. I do think everyone did well but the last thing I heard where new sounds that would stick in my head.

But then again, who am I to judge?????????????????????

What do I know??????????????????????????????????????

Again, everyone did a good job. Unlike others reviews, I thought the remix of "Clocks" was pretty tight. That must be like the 8th remix floating around. Mad props to Space 34 for hosting this event. Should definitely be done more often.

OK, you guys can attack me now. What did you think about the event?

OBBY

www.soturecords.com

Guest saleen351

once i heard clocks, i looked at my watch, and decided to jett short after... it's amature rookie shit..... if AT spun, then you would have heard tunes that are new and different, but this repackaged miami crap has got to go!!!

Big congrats & Big ups to Diaga. The kid is talented.. with a lil' guidance some experience his future looks good. Dispite the jitters, this kid seemed really focused. No one is flawless of course, but he did do a nice job.

Started off smooth but changed the pace a bit too late in his set in my opinion. Did a few sweet turntable tricks (something the other 2 contestants lacked) that were out of the ordinary & for the most part was workin' most of his tracks. I enjoyed his set & was hawkin' every minute of it. Good job. ;)

Biz

Originally posted by biznation00

Big congrats & Big ups to Diaga. The kid is talented.. with a lil' guidance some experience his future looks good. Dispite the jitters, this kid seemed really focused. No one is flawless of course, but he did do a nice job.

Started off smooth but changed the pace a bit too late in his set in my opinion. Did a few sweet turntable tricks (something the other 2 contestants lacked) that were out of the ordinary & for the most part was workin' most of his tracks. I enjoyed his set & was hawkin' every minute of it. Good job. ;)

Biz

Pretty much a spot on review IMO. We'll be giving him the same advice as we gave Michael Louis - take the skills they have and watch Roland and Oscar to learn how to build a set and work the crowd.

Fun times ahead... ;)