Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hip-pop

thats all there is today...rap died along time ago...we need to take it out of the stores and off mtv and back to the streets...were cats rock pass me down jeans and hang out on the corner all day trying to make a buck...not like thesse bitches that dress nice and shit...cuz nigga if you spend time making your clothes match...and ur shit is expensive you aint gangsta...yous a bitch that needs to go to the mall with all the other bitches and go shoppin for more gay ass clothes that all look teh same...

fuck ja rule, the big tymers and all the other bling blingers that are fake bitches...and that motha fucker fuck flex....he needs to get smacked...

they took our roots of RAP..shit on it,Used it,raped it, make their money off it,,pissed on it,and threw it out the window...but FUK everyone frontin like they Emcees..they aint..they fake-ass entertainers..NO respect for them (from me at least)..fuk the new generation ignorance

I dont think it was the bling bling that fucked it up. The money is just RIGHT now in the game. Run DMC rocked big ass gold chains as well as Rakim, Slick RIck etc. The difference is now rappers make a lot more money so now the bling bling is takin to a different level. I agree that rap isnt the way it use to be but your ignorant to think it was gunna stay the same cause times change as well as the world. Everyone wants to make money and the fact is that the people with the Bentleys and the iced out Jacob's are the ones sellin records. It's just a phase and it will eventually die out just like the rest. However, that not why rap sucks. Rap sucks cause the ones that have no clue buy the Nelly records and all the catchy jingle tracks that eventually make it to Z100. To those people that is considered rap but they have no clue what is really rap. I dont know bout you guys but I have plenty of CD's with crazy raps on it that shows there are still a good hand full that can really rap and just dont talk shit on a record.

tru tru...but run dmc didnt act gangster...my thinkin is that you cant be tuff and try to look pretty at the same time...these guys supposedly will sell you drugs...beat you up...rob you...fuck your girl...and impress you with their car all at the same time, thats pretty impressive but the truth is they really are just jerks from the ghetto that are blowin their cash like mc hammer, yo we party everyday we party everyday...maybe you should go to school and learn how to speak english, or maybe the platinum in your mouth wouldnt look good with you talkin...

i like the nappy roots cuz they were talkin about how they luv the country and chicken and even if there poor its still all good cuz they got fam and friends...thats more real to me than some fake image of coolness

nas-i can- this song i loved so much, even though the rap is not that great the message is really what rap should be about...if you think about it woulndt real rappers want black people to do better for themselves and not kill each other...so it makes you wonder who provokes rap violence and profits off it *cough* *cough* record execs...

i understand where y'all coming from in terms of rap...but let's be real, catz make money to floss, granted to take care of all necessities...in a sense, you're right...let's take a drug dealer, he deals and sells and makes cheddar...but he aint gong to go buy new threads or rock a ride, most he'll ever do is buy new sneakers, that's the god damn truth...but then again, you make all these money, you must be stupid to stay in the hood...this basically brings me to the point that catz make money for the fact of them succeeding in life, get the car, get the whip, get the clothes...what's better than doing something you like while making money...true, some catz got a whack game and the raps are straight garbage...and this game involves a lot of luck and who you know...some underground catz don't ever blow up cuz they never got a break...but that's just life in general...some ppl like what is hip hop today, and some still try to savor the essence of whatever's left from rap...all i can say i pick and choose and enjoy my music as they come...one!!!

ya..but the most respected ones in the game,,are the comfortable ones (moneywise) that keep rap RAP...and just know wat their own bank account looks like....anyone who gotta announce their earnings, spend their advances on rides/bullshit chains,etc.. is WACK..straight up..it gets oldd...buy hey,they aint getting no respect for us backpack oldschool hiphop Real fans..never.......

on a last note,,i was at a small club show a lil while back w/ Dilated Peoples (soo iLL!!), Beatnuts, and Cormega..and let me tell u that i rather be in a small intimate club setting with acts like these,,than to go to any Bullshit 50cent, Jayz, CashMoney, puffy, Ja, or fabolous type concert....AND THATS that.

peace

i don't hate on people making money off hip hop. they've done what any average joe would've done if the opportunity was there. sure, theres been a bit of integrity lost along the way, but hey. i salute russell simmons, leor cohen, rick rubenstein, sean combs, pervis miller, sean carter, marhsall mathers, all of whom have made lots of money off of something they enjoy. throughout the course of the last several years, several individuals attempted to do this with dance/electronic music and have failed miserably. it's not an easy thing to do, to take something thats underground- make it mainstream-then make lots of money. i laugh when people say oh dance music is so commercial right now blah blah. people in the dance industry are dead broke/poor, or heading that way, or have lots of money that they have invested. on the other hand, people in hip hop are eating VERY WELL.