Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those who shave it all off...

georgym

wideskies said something that got me thinking (and i've heard this before somewhere:

pubic hair is there for a purpose (to trap stuff that might give you an infection or something)

This is true, and i think all you shavers should listen up and think twice B4 doing it.

That's the reason i don't want to shave it ALL off. I mean, i'll trim a lil, but that's it.

WHy sacrifice health just to look good :confused:

Thanks wideskies ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by gmccookny

wideskies said something that got me thinking (and i've heard this before somewhere:

This is true, and i think all you shavers should listen up and think twice B4 doing it.

That's the reason i don't want to shave it ALL off. I mean, i'll trim a lil, but that's it.

WHy sacrifice health just to look good :confused:

Thanks wideskies ;)

i look at it like a health and comfort thing...when u are naturally hairy and used to it then decide to shave it off it feels wierd...heat and sweat starts and not to mention the uncomfortable itchyness...i personnally dont like it but that is just me...and for what wideskies said...its tru

It's true that it's there for a reason, but if you think about it, evolution hasn't exactly caught up with a lot of things. People aren't walking around butt-naked anymore; we have underwear and clothing which also protects our pink parts.

Originally posted by tastyt

It's true that it's there for a reason, but if you think about it, evolution hasn't exactly caught up with a lot of things. People aren't walking around butt-naked anymore; we have underwear and clothing which also protects our pink parts.

:bowdown::clap2::bowdown:

Listen to this woman she knows what she is talking about...

Btw I have been shaving completely for the past 7 years

and I never once got an infection.. (knocking on wood) :D

i always thought underwear was to prevent chafing and to catch errant droplets from the pink bits? :confused:;)

however, yeah, just as we don't grow thick coats of hair (well, most of us) all over our bodies 'cause we have clothes to take care of that function, it is conceivable that pubic hair would be redundant if underwear did the same thing.

but we've been covering outselves with clothes for a while now, and the pubic hair remains. if it were indeed useless, wouldn't it go away?...

Originally posted by wideskies

but we've been covering outselves with clothes for a while now, and the pubic hair remains. if it were indeed useless, wouldn't it go away?...

Well, I think back hair is probably useless, but you still see plenty of guys with lots of fur! :tongue:

For the most part, hair has remained on our *most* valuable parts- our head, our privates, our underarms (b/c of the glands). Another possible explanation for pubes, as well as armpit hair, is that it traps our scent, our pheromones, which theoretically would make us more attractive to potential mates. In this day and age, no one really wants too much of that scent trapped, lol.

Anyway, you can't really say that something is necessarily useful just because evolution hasn't ridded us of it yet. If evolution is survival of the fittest... is the absence of pubic hair essential for the survival and continuation of the species? Of course not. There's no natural impetus for our dna to change like that.

Ehhh, they say the pinkie toe is here for no reason, but it still is, and im glad it is :D

Either way, i believe that it's good to have some hair there. Pubic hair is the closest thing to your body. Underwear, clothing is all secondary. It doesn't necessarily protect you the way pubic hair does....

WHatever, im gonna look more into this .... :cool:

For the most part, hair has remained on our *most* valuable parts- our head, our privates, our underarms (b/c of the glands). Another possible explanation for pubes, as well as armpit hair, is that it traps our scent, our pheromones, which theoretically would make us more attractive to potential mates. In this day and age, no one really wants too much of that scent trapped, lol.

yes, that's another thing i was thinking about. I love the scent of a woman *there, and wonder if it's the same if she's shaved ot not.

Probably stronger with some hair, right

:confused:

Originally posted by bullseye

i've been shaving my pubes for 5 years, and my girl has been doin it for two, both of us with no problems. anyone who gets an infection should consider the concept of showering everyday.

Concept of showering? I didn't know that was a concept, only a given :confused::laugh:

Either way, you can get an infection whether you shower or not. That is not a permanent shield, you know ..

Well, I think back hair is probably useless, but you still see plenty of guys with lots of fur! :tongue:

Anyway, you can't really say that something is necessarily useful just because evolution hasn't ridded us of it yet. If evolution is survival of the fittest... is the absence of pubic hair essential for the survival and continuation of the species? Of course not. There's no natural impetus for our dna to change like that. QUOTE]

i agree. pubic hair is really an accessory, rather than a necessity.

i guess i find it weird to shave it all off because i *like* the look of it -- i'm not talking forests of pubic hair, but enough to show that the person has gone through puberty, you know? i like looking at my lover and thinking, "aah, s/he's an adult and i can tell."

Another possible explanation for pubes, as well as armpit hair, is that it traps our scent, our pheromones, which theoretically would make us more attractive to potential mates. In this day and age, no one really wants too much of that scent trapped, lol.

it's really too bad more people are so afraid of men and women's (clean!) natural scents. i find the muskiness that lingers on the genitals and in the soft fuzz of pubic hair very sexy. but i am very a senses-oriented person, and not everyone is like that.

(George: the scent in pubic hair is different from the scent of 'pure genitals'.. hehe... so you actually get two scents instead of one)

people without hair, scent, wrinkles, dimples, freckles, flaws, uniqueness... it's all so overly SANITIZED. it's like people want to date mannequins, not humans.

Originally posted by gmccookny

Concept of showering? I didn't know that was a concept, only a given :confused::laugh:

Either way, you can get an infection whether you shower or not. That is not a permanent shield, you know ..

showering is a given?, if you say so.:D