Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Government to ban fun of any kind...

cooljunkie

America's RAVE Act 2 Could Wipe Out All Dance Clubs

Civil liberties campaigners from the Drugs Policy Alliance (DPA) warned this week that dancing could be totally outlawed in America shortly, under a puritanical new bill they're dubbing the RAVE Act 2.

"Like the RAVE Act, the Ecstasy Awareness Act (HR 2962) could effectively ban live music and dancing while throwing innocent people like you in jail," the DPA pointed out in their latest email circular.

"In light of the fact that drug use is a probable occurrence at any musical event, HR 2962 opens the door for any concert promoter, event organizer, or nightclub owner to be fined and jailed. It doesn't matter if they tried to prevent people from using drugs. Nor does it matter if the vast majority of people attending the event are law-abiding citizens that want to listen to music and not do drugs."

Any club owner, property owner or promoter busted under the new legislation could face 20 years in jail, meaning partying of any description, anywhere, could be wiped out across the nation.

http://actioncenter.drugpolicy.org/action/index.asp?step=2&item=11060

Hi all,

If you can, it doesn't take very long, please start emailing your congressional representatives. The first Rave Act was heavily opposed by our reps, but was snuck into the Amber Law as an addendum by an underhanded Joe Biden. We have to make sure this does not follow a similar path.

As to the original Rave Act, it is out of the clubgoers hands. BUT!!!! Club owners have standing to sue **right now** to have this law declared unconstitutionally overbroad, which in fact, it is. So owners, get off your asses and into the courtrooms NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest saleen351

not for nothing but when clubs get serious about drugs, then these laws would never be brought up... When i see a dog at the door of crobar and space, then i know they are serioius, till then fuck em! Those clubs derserve it.... One night after the DEA raided space, the ENTIRE HIP HOP ROOM STUNK LIKE WEED.. THUS SPACE AND OTHER CLUBS ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT DRUGS....

NYC THEY SEARCH YOU, THEY MAKE YOU OPEN UP YOUR CIG PACKS AND BAGS, AND POCKETS... EVEN CELL PHONES ARE CHECKED.. PEOPLE PUT SHIT IN HOLLOW BATTERIES...

clubbers need to grow up.... and stop doing the drugs.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by macboy

I agree that NYC has always done more thorough searches. But the searches you describe I think started happening after 9-11, and are taking place for reasons that go beyond drugs.

pre 9-11, at Exit, it was like a full cavity search:eek:

metal detectors and all...

its only a matter of time two rival gangs in the hip hop room start shooting the place up like puffy.......

Originally posted by saleen351

pre 9-11, at Exit, it was like a full cavity search:eek:

metal detectors and all...

its only a matter of time two rival gangs in the hip hop room start shooting the place up like puffy.......

That would blow.

That's it, I'm establishing my own country. Too bad for the United States that my country includes South Florida. I'm sure I can encourage the local Army and Air Force units to defect to my cause.

Who's with me?

bacon.jpg

Come one everybody, join me on this battlecry!!!

I been working so hard

Keep punching my card

Eight hours, for what?

Oh, tell me what I got

I get this feeling

That time's just holding me down

I'll hit the ceiling

Or else I'll tear up this town

Tonight I gotta cut

(Chorus)

Loose, footloose

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Please, Louise

Pull me offa my knees

Jack, get back

C'mon before we crack

Lose your blues

Everybody cut footloose

You're playing so cool

Obeying every rule

Dig way down in your heart

You're yearning, burning for some

Somebody to tell you

That life ain't passing you by

I'm trying to tell you

It will if you don't even try

You can fly if you'd only cut

(Chorus)

Loose, footloose

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Oowhee, Marie

Shake it, shake it for me

Whoa, Milo

C'mon, c'mon let go

Lose your blues

Everybody cut footloose

FIRST - we got to turn you around

SECOND - You put your feet on the ground

THIRD - Now take a hold of your soul

FOUR - Whooooooooa, I'm turning it

Loose, FOOTLOOSE

SPACE AND OTHER CLUBS ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT DRUGS....

true - The way they deal with this problem is ignoring it.

NYC THEY SEARCH YOU, THEY MAKE YOU OPEN UP YOUR CIG PACKS AND BAGS, AND POCKETS... EVEN CELL PHONES ARE CHECKED.. PEOPLE PUT SHIT IN HOLLOW BATTERIES...

Ive heard horror stories about this.

clubbers need to grow up.... and stop doing the drugs

And they need to stop asking just random people in clubs if they know where to get bumps. I hate being interrupted while dancing and some fool asks "you rollin? know where i can get some"

not for nothing but when clubs get serious about drugs, then these laws would never be brought up... When i see a dog at the door of crobar and space, then i know they are serioius, till then fuck em! Those clubs derserve it.... One night after the DEA raided space, the ENTIRE HIP HOP ROOM STUNK LIKE WEED.. THUS SPACE AND OTHER CLUBS ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT DRUGS....

clubbers need to grow up.... and stop doing the drugs.

back in the day when i used to party, we went up to exit in NYC.

I put something in my friends purse not knowing how they inspected it b4 u go in. When we got inside & the guys start searching I almost died cuz she didn't know it was in there.

Thank God, some other chic tried to slide in behind us & the bouncer got distracted by her & let my friend thru w/o hardly searching her bag. NY is intense, Miami not so intense.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tranzwhore

back in the day when i used to party, we went up to exit in NYC.

I put something in my friends purse not knowing how they inspected it b4 u go in. When we got inside & the guys start searching I almost died cuz she didn't know it was in there.

Thank God, some other chic tried to slide in behind us & the bouncer got distracted by her & let my friend thru w/o hardly searching her bag. NY is intense, Miami not so intense.

thus why the clubs in miami are gonna get shut down... it's cosmetic security....

and just so yous know they are going after the hip hop clubs, they are busting the underage drinking...

Originally posted by candyrollx69

:rolleyes:

OK Marines too. Hoo-Rah! Army stands for Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet! :)

A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm

Every meal is a banquet, every paycheck a fortune,

every formation a parade, I love the Corps!

But I will be Pod "El Presidente".

My first order of business:

Decriminalize marijuana, MDMA, shrooms, and coke. Establish controls on them like tobacco and alcohol. Tax the hell out of them to make using an expensive proposition. Use funds to establish rehab programs for the addicted.

Legalize prostitution and gambling.

Take the Bill of Rights and actually respect it, not treat it like toiliet paper like some lawmakers do these days.

Disband the IRS and the DEA. Revenue from drug and prostitution taxes will compensate for no income tax. What's mine is mine. I earned it, the government doesn't deserve a single red cent.

Buy an island in the Carribean. Ship all homeless people there.

Criminalize lobbyists. Get a real job, guys.

Declare the eternal seperation of church and state. Fundamentalists are ruining the USA. They're not going to dick around with Podlandia.

Space used to have the strictest searches ... bouncers approaching clubbers in a "voracious" way ...

To be honest with you ... I hated to be searched my pockets twice for looking for my lighter ... or having my companion searched for looking for gum ...

LP corrected this because it felt like ... you were guilty til you could prove your innocence :mad:

But I'd take that to not having a place to party ... Footloose is passe ... :blown:

I would sign a pettion to our government ... one that punishes people like Saleen for being in conspiracy of a joint being lit ... and not doing anything about it 'til the following week in CP :rolleyes:

thus why the clubs in miami are gonna get shut down... it's cosmetic security....

and just so yous know they are going after the hip hop clubs, they are busting the underage drinking...

did u say cosmetic surgery? :laugh:

i certainly don't have to worry about the under age drinking thing

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by vipnerd

I would sign a pettion to our government ... one that punishes people like Saleen for being in conspiracy of a joint being lit ... and not doing anything about it 'til the following week in CP :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused: :confused: