Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Metatracks Studios

vixenfoxxy

hey everyone, question(s):

1. does metatrack still exist? it does, right?

2. if so, how much do they charge to record a demo CD, and what's included in the price?

Thus far, I've tried 3 times to do the same CD, finally got it right and of course it wouldn't burn out correctly and sounded really scratchy and uneven, although it sounded fine in the file on the computer... so I need to try again, but I know it isn't a guarantee that I'll get it right the next time I do it, and I don't want to pay lots of money for an hour of studio time I may very well throw out the window (I tend to freak out when I record and mess up things I have done a trillion times before) :cuss:

Also, if I were to record myself at my radio station, onto a cassette tape, is there some way to then transfer that to CD? Where can I find someone with the means to do that?

1. Buy a computer

2. Buy Creative's Audigy Platinum Sound Card. Prolly get it for about $150 now. Comes with recording software.

3. Connect your mixer to your computer with RCA cables

4. Hit record and don't trainwreck.

And that's reval's easy home studio!

Then you can get Cool Edits 2000 for about $50 now and use the Dynamics Processing to fill out the sound, add effects, or cut tracks. No need to pay $50/hour for some half-ass "studio" time when there are tons of software that make it easy to do yourself.

And barring all that, just post-party with us some time, come to my place and record your mix on my setup :)

Lastly, wtf are you doing recording to cassette?

Originally posted by revaluation

1. Buy a computer

2. Buy Creative's Audigy Platinum Sound Card. Prolly get it for about $150 now. Comes with recording software.

3. Connect your mixer to your computer with RCA cables

4. Hit record and don't trainwreck.

And that's reval's easy home studio!

Then you can get Cool Edits 2000 for about $50 now and use the Dynamics Processing to fill out the sound, add effects, or cut tracks. No need to pay $50/hour for some half-ass "studio" time when there are tons of software that make it easy to do yourself.

And barring all that, just post-party with us some time, come to my place and record your mix on my setup :)

Lastly, wtf are you doing recording to cassette?

I don't have enough dough for a new computer :( The one I have now is so slow that molasses could beat it...

I didn't record to cassette before (duh, pgiddy, did you read? oh I forgot, you CAN'T. go collect some more Las Vegas hookers) but last I checked the radio station didn't have the software I was looking for to record to the computer and burn it out. Mind you, they might have installed it during the summer but I'm not sure. Without it though the only option is the cassette deck. yarf.

Thanks for the party invite btw, I would be down to do that sometime but I guarantee I'd mess up cause I'd be like "fuck.. i'm being recorded....**WRECK**" :(

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I don't have enough dough for a new computer :( The one I have now is so slow that molasses could beat it...

I didn't record to cassette before (duh, pgiddy, did you read? oh I forgot, you CAN'T. go collect some more Las Vegas hookers) but last I checked the radio station didn't have the software I was looking for to record to the computer and burn it out. Mind you, they might have installed it during the summer but I'm not sure. Without it though the only option is the cassette deck. yarf.

Thanks for the party invite btw, I would be down to do that sometime but I guarantee I'd mess up cause I'd be like "fuck.. i'm being recorded....**WRECK**" :(

blah blah blah thats all I hear when you speak. I promise to get you a muzzle when you come back.......