Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guestlist for Arc Tonite (NU NRG)

Nu NRG was very good. I enjoyed their set immensely.

Edgar V was crap, I mean he played some tunes I liked but his set lacked flow, his mixing was suspect at times, though he didn't wreck. Generally speaking, this is the third time, and he has struck out. Sorry Cheekita, I just expect more I guess. :)

Had to leave during Vic's set though I heard it was awesome, and I don't doubt it.

Originally posted by arcloverdc

Edgar V was crap, I mean he played some tunes I liked but his set lacked flow, his mixing was suspect at times, though he didn't wreck. Generally speaking, this is the third time, and he has struck out. Sorry Cheekita, I just expect more I guess. :)

i find this hard to beleive. edgar v crap? suspect mixing? he didn't wreck b/c he doesn't. i expect more too & got it on friday nite in miami with edgar v @ crobar.

You don't have to believe me, but this is the 3rd time, and once again he was subpar... So I don't really give a damn what you think, I am telling you what I heard. I don't hate on him for being him, I hate b/c I have a personal dislike for his sound, and so did all of my friends that were there. :blown:

Originally posted by tranzwhore

i find this hard to beleive. edgar v crap? suspect mixing? he didn't wreck b/c he doesn't. i expect more too & got it on friday nite in miami with edgar v @ crobar.

He was AWFUL and he DID trainwreck more than once. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT: When I say "trainwreck" I mean his beatmatching was off on more than one occasion. Also this is the second time I've heard him, and he sucked both times. Never again.

I got there a little late, and only caught the last hour of V's set, and what i heard, he was fucking good. NU-NRG came on and killed it. Place was really empty considering the talent that was there. Victor Dinaire picked up right where NU NRG left off, and did an awesome job. Opened with one of my favorite songs, Armin's Slipstream, played PVD's Time of our Lives, Dirty Sticky Floor, C:/, Binary Finary's 1998, and a plenty more amazing songs. Nice seeing trancer(numbers) and Rdancer.

Nu NRG was very good. I enjoyed their set immensely.

Had to leave during Vic's set though I heard it was awesome, and I don't doubt it.

Its all good, you have your opinions just as everyone else does, but judging from the Miami CP Board and tranceaddict.com, there are others who love EV's style. To each their own.

Arclover you seem a bit hateful at times about the way you describe EV's style, it seems as if you take it a bit personal. As for trainwrecking, I've been to many of EV's gigs even before I was dating him and I have never heard the man trainwreck...I've even seen him play with a 103 fever and still tore Crobar up. This is just my two cents on the subject...:)

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Its all good, you have your opinions just as everyone else does, but judging from the Miami CP Board and tranceaddict.com, there are others who love EV's style. To each their own.

Arclover you seem a bit hateful at times about the way you describe EV's style, it seems as if you take it a bit personal. As for trainwrecking, I've been to many of EV's gigs even before I was dating him and I have never heard the man trainwreck...I've even seen him play with a 103 fever and still tore Crobar up. This is just my two cents on the subject...:)

i second tht emotion!

Naw... I give every Dj a chance, but you can only dissapoint me so many times. And most of the TA's gracefully said that they weren't too impressed as well. I express my opinions and I agree, to each their own. :)

Naw... I give every Dj a chance, but you can only dissapoint me so many times. And most of the TA's gracefully said that they weren't too impressed as well. I express my opinions and I agree, to each their own. :)

I agree, but sometimes people get very hateful. Granted I've met people who bash EV to only later discover they are DJ's trying to make it in the industry who just plain hate on others.

I read TA and know that most of the TA folks are under 21...and it amazes me that people will talk without knowing facts. Goes to prove that maturity plays a huge part in how people view things and express their so called opinions of others. I find it amusing because they're bashing EV for playing PVD's stuff. But little do they know that EV gets PVD's stuff before anyone else does and PVD expects him to play it. Not to mention PVD has a very high regard for Edgar.

There were a lot of people at Arc Saturday and judging from what I've heard from other folks who were there, it was a great night from beginning to end. One or two people on a message board don't account for the rest of the club or how good or bad the night was.

Oh and one more thing...Nu NRG, the boys are Italian as you had mentioned and guess what, they work with Edgar and are under the same booking agent...just thought you might like to know.:D

I don't care if he played PvD tracks, I am concerned with how his set flows, how he mixes, are the tunes quality. I don't hate on Edgar the person, just his Djing. I know you have a positive Bias for him. My judgments are based on having seen him live 3 times. And trust me the true Arcoholics all thought he was terrible. TA's for the most part are idiots who don't go out unless its for their little Dj's like Paul van Dyk.

Lets just agree to disagree and end the flame-war.

I don't care if he played PvD tracks, I am concerned with how his set flows, how he mixes, are the tunes quality. I don't hate on Edgar the person, just his Djing. I know you have a positive Bias for him. My judgments are based on having seen him live 3 times. And trust me the true Arcoholics all thought he was terrible. TA's for the most part are idiots who don't go out unless its for their little Dj's like Paul van Dyk.

Lets just agree to disagree and end the flame-war.

You know what I'm not biased and when I have felt that EV's sets aren't flowing, I've told him...no one is perfect. Who better than me to tell him where he needs to fine tune his skills. As for what he played on Friday, he opened up with a housey set cuz there was no one in the club when he went on...not to mention there was a producer from NYC who gave him some tracks, which didn't belong with the set, yet EV still played them. I give him props for that. Cuz he felt this guys tunes were good enough to play he put his stuff out there.

When EV opens up for someone, regardless of who they are, he has respect and doesn't try and upstage anyone. I can't judge on what he played or how he played on Friday cuz I wasn't there...but judging from what others have told me, he had the crowd moving.

But as I've said before, you are entitled to your opinion and if EV is not your cup of tea, it won't hurt him the least.

Too bad I wasn't there on Friday, I would have loved to have met you!:D

You know what I'm not biased and when I have felt that EV's sets aren't flowing, I've told him...no one is perfect. Who better than me to tell him where he needs to fine tune his skills. As for what he played on Friday, he opened up with a housey set cuz there was no one in the club when he went on...not to mention there was a producer from NYC who gave him some tracks, which didn't belong with the set, yet EV still played them. I give him props for that. Cuz he felt this guys tunes were good enough to play he put his stuff out there.

When EV opens up for someone, regardless of who they are, he has respect and doesn't try and upstage anyone. I can't judge on what he played or how he played on Friday cuz I wasn't there...but judging from what others have told me, he had the crowd moving.

But as I've said before, you are entitled to your opinion and if EV is not your cup of tea, it won't hurt him the least.

Too bad I wasn't there on Friday, I would have loved to have met you!:D

I am a bit confused.. He played on Saturday, what set are you referring too? I arrived at 12:30 and he was playing straight up Trance.

I am a bit confused.. He played on Saturday, what set are you referring too? I arrived at 12:30 and he was playing straight up Trance.

He opened up with progressive/house...I thought you weren't strolling in till after 3:15am or so????:laugh:;)

wow-wow-wow....

I have been forced to Edgar V at least 8 times, and he sounds like a DJ from 1999-2000. He is still playing really old music, and the music he is spinning is VERY easy to mix, so there is very little credit from me on his skills.

I almost left when I heard his set, and when he finished (which was late b/c Nu NTG were already on stage, and he put his head down and pointed out to the crowd like I don't know what... The crowd was cheering NU NRG a little more I think ;)

Which BTW I was not impressed w/ them either, the large MAJORITY of it was pre-recorded. It was like a chemical bros show in that aspect. It was good, but I was waiting for Victor.

Victor tore it up, I love the new pvd track... He's such a nice guy.

Gotta be honest, w/ all of these clubs opening in the fall, they need to take that empty room as a warning not to have trance DJ's except for the big big names..

He opened up with progressive/house...I thought you weren't strolling in till after 3:15am or so????:laugh:;)

nope I got there at 12:30... when did he go on, b/c I didn't hear one House track out of him...

Bassboy... you make a good point, but they got enough ppl. to make a profit so its all good. Go to J00F and Marco V on Sept. 13th.. should be a MUCH better night for Trance! :)

Originally posted by bassboy

wow-wow-wow....

I have been forced to Edgar V at least 8 times, and he sounds like a DJ from 1999-2000. He is still playing really old music, and the music he is spinning is VERY easy to mix, so there is very little credit from me on his skills.

I almost left when I heard his set, and when he finished (which was late b/c Nu NTG were already on stage, and he put his head down and pointed out to the crowd like I don't know what... The crowd was cheering NU NRG a little more I think ;)

Which BTW I was not impressed w/ them either, the large MAJORITY of it was pre-recorded. It was like a chemical bros show in that aspect. It was good, but I was waiting for Victor.

Victor tore it up, I love the new pvd track... He's such a nice guy.

Gotta be honest, w/ all of these clubs opening in the fall, they need to take that empty room as a warning not to have trance DJ's except for the big big names..

You're forced to hear him...no one is forced to hear anybody. You're obviously there becuz you want to be...once or twice I can understand but 8 times...try another excuse. Honestly now, I don't know what you're talking about cuz EV threw down new stuff which he gets in weekly. So I don't know what you're referring to, Sorry! On this one I would have to disagree...and as for Nu NRG, you must be nuts! :blank: They come correct and on point every time! As for EV pointing down to the crowd, thats just his way of saying "thank you for having me here". You obviously don't know Edgar personally - he's a really great person who is very talented. And if he couldn't spin for shit I'd ask him to retire. But in all honesty, I've been to his gigs for three years and he's worked, produced and re-mixed for plenty of DJ's. I doubt the likes of PVD, Nu NRG, MURK, Robbie Rivera and others would work with someone who had little or no talent. But I guess you're the expert...are you a DJ? I'm just wondering...

And as for the empty room, it went from being totally empty to being busy during EV's set...this from more than one person who was there...:confused:

Honestly now, I don't know what you're talking about cuz EV threw down new stuff which he gets in weekly. So I don't know what you're referring to, Sorry! On this one I would have to disagree...and as for Nu NRG, you must be nuts! :blank: They come correct and on point every time! As for EV pointing down to the crowd, thats just his way of saying "thank you for having me here". You obviously don't know Edgar personally - he's a really great person who is very talented. And if he couldn't spin for shit I'd ask him to retire. But in all honesty, I've been to his gigs for three years and he's worked, produced and re-mixed for plenty of DJ's. I doubt the likes of PVD, Nu NRG, MURK, Robbie Rivera and others would work with someone who had little or no talent.

Yeah the tunes he played weren't THAT old... some were kinda old, but that didn't bother me... :D

Yeah the tunes he played weren't THAT old... some were kinda old, but that didn't bother me... :D

Arclover you know why I like discussions with you cuz at least you're honest and don't BS....

Whether you like EV or not is unimportant for me...I like getting feedback from people like you. It doesn't hurt us...instead it helps much!