Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Go outside. Check out Mars!

meng

Originally posted by sunnyhost

(...one family even dressed up in bubble wrap! lol)

Don't laugh, that family with the bubble wrap and the duct tape was one of the contest winners!!!

I couldn't believe how many people showed up for this thing. A little crazy getting from the exhibit to the lecture to the observation deck, but still worth it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by macboy

Don't laugh, that family with the bubble wrap and the duct tape was one of the contest winners!!!

I couldn't believe how many people showed up for this thing. A little crazy getting from the exhibit to the lecture to the observation deck, but still worth it.

:eek:

U were there 2?!?!?

It was crazy in there huh???

I know ab the bubble wrap people! I cheered for them all the way! I thought they looked great! Them and the family with the styrofoam cups on their head. I'm glad they won. Way too much effort went into those costumes!

Anyways...if u saw some-1 with homemade wire hanger anntenaes and foil wrapped around the wire on her head...that was me...lolol...shhhhhhh.

Ok...bed time for real now....

Breaker breaker...MOS for MARS over and out....

:eek:

U were there 2?!?!?

It was crazy in there huh???

I know ab the bubble wrap people! I cheered for them all the way! I thought they looked great! Them and the family with the styrofoam cups on their head. I'm glad they won. Way too much effort went into those costumes!

Anyways...if u saw some-1 with homemade wire hanger anntenaes and foil wrapped around the wire on her head...that was me...lolol...shhhhhhh.

Ok...bed time for real now....

Breaker breaker...MOS for MARS over and out....

Sunny, u r a trip...you know that, right? :D

Ok fellow MOS 4 MARS people...I just got home now....and I'm freakin' exhausted! MOS expected a couple hundred people to show up and instead they got about 5,000:eek:

Anywho...We got there at about 8...watched the costume contest..which I didn't even bother entering bc all I had on were my anntenaes and every-1 else had gone off on their "Martian designs"(...one family even dressed up in bubble wrap! lol) anyways...after that we waited in line for 3 hours to see Mars for a whole 30 seconds...but it was well worth it!!! It looked absolutely amazing...we were able to spot out the crater/canyon on it (which is the largest in the entire solar system) and on of its polar caps...pretty damn cool IMO:cool: We just left there and the line still went all the way outside and way into the parking lot...nuts considering we were inside and waited 3 hours..I cant imagine how long itw ill be those people outside.

My MOS 4 MARS campaign worked though and got me on the 11:00 NBC news...lol:tongue:

Ok..bed time!

Let me know if anyone else got to go!!!

P.S: 4 those of you still interested...due to the enormous turnout they had MOS will again be opening its observatory to the public for free this Friday from 8-12PM incase u still want to see it :)

I didn't make it. I knew that it was going to get out of hand at the MOS but that's not the reason I didn't go. I did get to check it out on a friend's telescope, though.

Did you see it through the MOS telescope? How did it look and how long did they let you use the telescope?

Originally posted by meng

I didn't make it. I knew that it was going to get out of hand at the MOS but that's not the reason I didn't go. I did get to check it out on a friend's telescope, though.

Did you see it through the MOS telescope? How did it look and how long did they let you use the telescope?

I only got to look through the large observatory telescope for about 30-45 seconds...it was worth it though. I thought we would be able to see a lot more of the planet's features, but we only got to see 2....I saw a polar cap and the crater/canyon on it which is the largest in the galixy:D it was super :cool:

u can still go this Friday from 8-12 if ur still interested:idea:

Originally posted by meng

Look towards the South East in the sky. It's the brightest looking star. This is the closest Mars has been to Earth in 60,000 years......like woah......:smoke:

With binoculaurs you can even see some of the surface of the planet.

I rather check out uranus :eek:

Yeah, I think there were a hundred people there dressed like that. But yeah, it was fun. I'm going to go back on Tuesday when there's less of a crowd. I'd rather pay the ten bucks and be able to spend more time in the observation deck. The lecturer said Mars should be viewable for about another month.