Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marco V

bobadrinker

I saw him at Arc earlier this year and he kicked ass. I guess I'd call it banging/energetic/uplifiting tech-house/tech-trance. I think I read somewhere that he described his style as tough but not aggro - melodic, but not cheesy. That about sums it up. He played a couple tracks that simply blew me away.

I hadn't planned on going out this weekend, but I just might have to hit up Spundae now.

The Sunday party LALate is referring to is a different party.... special $10 discount by Friday ... till the WEEE hours of the morning .... Tequiza, send us your email address (either through LALate.com or by PM) and watch (with Lost) your inbox around this late afternoon or evening. Party sounds pretty decent. And ANOTHERWAY if you're reading think you can come .. think it's 18 and over.

Peace.

LALate.com

time to share my $0.02 on Marco...

Got to the door just before 11:30, all the while expecting a long snaking line. But was surprised to see virtually no one in line. Well, it was short by Spundae standard. And even though I arrived after 11, the guest list was still in effect (Special thanks to Alex). Guess it was a slow night due to the holiday weekend. But I knew it would be all good as soon as I got my love from David Cole - he is the freaking trademark of Spundae, if there is such a thing. Before midnight, the filler DJ was spinning some wack track that just did not do it for me. So I stayed out in the patio, filled up on the free fruit, got drunk, made a shameful attempt at talking to some girl (her bf wasn't too happy about it :P ) and went back in as I heard the amped up beat.

Marco's beat is indeed energetic. But for some reason I just couldn't fully get into it. Perhaps I was burnt out from seeing Ferry the night before at HOB, which was a rocking set in itself. It felt like Marco's tracks were just all over the place. No setting of the tempo or pace at all. Ran into some faces I haven't seen in a while. Shared a few laughs, freaks, and posed for some kodak moments. All in all, a good time nonetheless. Left around 3ish to beat the crowd, and braved a hot dog from the street hot dog vendor. Although I questioned the food's sanitations, it was OHHH SOOO GOOOOD. All the fat and grease and cholesterol thats oh so bad but put together, taste oh so good. The next morning, I had diarhea....

So in conclusion, Marco gets a thumbs up in my book.

Alex gets two thumbs up :D

yeah..had wanted to try them dogs for the longest time. Figure I can't call myself a true Spundae goer without a) taking a pic with Dave Cole (which I still haven't :P) and b)trying the hotdog stand around the corner. Much like one can't consider themselves an Angelino, without trying Pink's hotdogs...:cool:

Mr. Cole is my favorite person at Spundae.. I gave him one of my lucky star stickers... :) he is the best and I love that man for all he has done for me!

But MarcoV was good! I left at 2:30 though and slept in my car because I was soo tired.. I slept for 2hrs on santa monica blvd w/out getting raped :0) ...phew...!

But maybe next time I'll get to meet you Tequiza

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

fine! they're lucky... I need to get some more too! That would be neat if I could get some glow in the dark lucky stars!! :)

that would be soooooo awesome.. (lack of sleep is kicking in..)

sleep? you dont need sleep! you're powered by lucky stars! :D