Clubplanet Nightlife Community

End of an era......another sad day for the house scene

demo909

Originally posted by saleen351

grade school:laugh: that made me laugh, i spend 100k on economics, i'm pretty confident i know what i'm talking about

lol... that statement right there proves what an idiot you are. 100K on a stupid ass major you don't use so you can fail in other fields. bwaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Goes to show that theorys are not real life.

You should have saved some of that money for therapy, it would have done more good.

btw want to talk game theory too? Ill bet your a clueless fuck in that field too. Just because you remember a few idea and names of people who actually knew what they were talking about doesnt mean you do.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

and im gonna go appreciate ur ass this friday at life...so there u go!!!!!!!!:tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Flip you are an unethical, immoral, thieving, athiest bastard!!!!

BUT GOD DAMMIT I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!

hope to finally meet you dude....

and thanks for always sticking up for me with these viscious candeleras!!!!

btw: Don't bring Edgar with you on Friday...I can't stand that prick!!!

:D

ill def try to get to life never been there. def want to see oscar spin there. but oscar u have to give me an autograph to add to my extensive collection

u rock :)

dont worry ull know who i am ill be the nut dancing in front of the booth all in black. the skinny dude with glasses

S. Rythem and Nervous are not the first to go unders. GU series was bust....the filed for protection under UK guidlines last year. Global Underground still puts out CDs but they are functioning on a negitive cash flow situation.

With the indroduction to Final Scratch, many labels/producers have to find a way to incorporate MP3s and the sale of such.

As a dj who tours and who has a record label, things have been ruff for the last two years. It can not be blamed all on downloading....this is an excuse, a easy target for the industry to blame. As an indi label owner of a House label....those who download help promote my label, my sound and my dj name.

The Dance Music world has taken a huge hit for many reasons. The economy sucked for the last three years, Dance music has been chessed out by the crap pushed to the younger generation.

Producers have sold out into making remixes of PUFF DIDDY and Justin Timberlake just to sell some beats, there are thousand of new indi labels that just plain suck.

Downloading is just a small part of it. I will always use the Fantastic Plastic...we call records....but as a producer i must adjust and find away to allow some music lovers to sample my stuff, give them a free download of a track, then if they like one track, they will be willing to pay some reasonable price to download the track. Of course... they will burn it and give it to friends for free....but what can i do. I can only hope to gain more fans, who will come out to hear me live......and thus, pay a reasonable price for admission to my shows.

Non the less......i can not fight the future....as things progress, so must I, but as a personal choice....the Fantastic Plastic is what i love ....and yes...I do send out my tracks to create DUB PLATES instead of droping a CD before the record is released...this is just my personal choice.....but im not afraid to use a CD mixer or Final Scratch.

dj eric ross/Q label/sonIQuarium, Intelligent Music

I heard your set the other night at Space...had a few friends in from NYC, SHAMELESS boys from the Sullivan room NYC and a few Chicago House heads.

Liked your program.....liked the energy you created and the way you created a journey through SPACE and time.

Impressive Bro.....take care

Originally posted by djoscarg

Flip you are an unethical, immoral, thieving, athiest bastard!!!!

BUT GOD DAMMIT I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!

hope to finally meet you dude....

btw: Don't bring Edgar with you on Friday...I can't stand that prick!!!

:D

u figured me down to a science!!!!!!!

im still a good person at heart!!!!!!!:confused:;):tongue:

Originally posted by djoscarg

Hey, you better recognize!!!! :punch:

And by the way, you've met us before silly.

And Candy, don't even try to act like an angel....:rolleyes:

See you Friday :D

dont wont to stray off this topic too much, but help but notice how pathetic it is that all these rapers who have their music written for them, somtimes even the words for them, and they are swimming in benjamins!!!:eek::mad::( What a shame!!!

That the only thing they rap about too!!! And they make more money than the president, teachers, oscar g ;):tongue::eek:

and any other profession respectively!!!!!

Oh and by the way, i dowload gigs of music, but its all live sets or tracks not out on cd's!!!! I wouldnt mind paying 1 dollar an mp3 or $8-$10 a cd.... But you cant seriously get mad for me feeling like an ass for not downloading music when it is sooooo freakin easy!!! drive and buy a taxed up cd when you really only like a couple of songs on the cd, or just download what i want???:confused: Maybe its wrong that i feel like this, but i wont lose a wink of sleep that someone dubs me a copy of nyana, when tiesto makes the obscene money he makes for a gig!!! But i did buy the lunar sessions cd and the housesessions 2cd set, just cuz i wanted the original but those are the last cd's ive bought in years!!!!

Originally posted by beatfriek

Maybe its wrong that i feel like this, but i wont lose a wink of sleep that someone dubs me a copy of nyana, when tiesto makes the obscene money he makes for a gig!!!

Friek....although I am Tiesto's biggest fan:jerkoff: ....It is not about him or how much he makes a gig...it is about all the artist's whose songs he plays on the CD.....they aren't making shit..and that is the problem...:cool:

Originally posted by livin42nite

Oscar just checked your website, noticed you toured columbia this summer, how did it go with those events?

It was pretty amazing....The scene in South America is growing at an incredible pace...it reminds me of what Europe was 10 years ago...

I dont mean to burst anyones bubble BUT....

Everything gets cracked and put on the net.

DVD's... Computer games... anything, No matter what it's encryption or security schemes.

No matter how much people might *think* theyve got a fool proof system, some 17 year old hacker in Russia will break it.

Ben

Originally posted by de

mo909 Hopefully the artist as well as the label. But I think rather than fines, what we will see in the future are encrypted cd's and cdr's that will be sold to the public and won't allow you to transfer music off your computer. Much like the new DVD's coming out that are not able to be copied. Also...there will probably be electronic tagging of cd's. But again this really only benifits the major record labels and artists out there and doesn't really apply to the dance oriented labels who deal with mostly vinyl and with smaller orders of units.

The argument that it's too easy to steal music is a valid one, but the markets know the avg person won't steal if they had the choice of buying a cd, that they felt is worth the purchase over downloading it. Also you will see more artists on the road. The record sale recession got all those rappers off thier asses and on tour...

i see this as being the direction all this needs to go in... i think artists should concentrate on doing more live concerts/shows and less on the vinyl/cd pressing...

"A captured moment of spontaneous creativity is worth more than a thousand hours of computerised perfection."

of course that's just my opinion...

also, i don't really think i agree that consumers would go out and buy the cd instead of downloading it if they knew they were getting a good solid product... i think there are other factors like not having to leave the house that just makes getting your latest cd about as easy on you as a trip to mcdonald's versus some nice resturaunt where you will have to wait around while they make your food... sure, mcdonalds isn't nearly as good of food but consumers have been so conditioned i don't think they give a shit anymore... it's the attack of the Sloth on a mass level and there's just one entity behind it all if you ask me...

but i'll leave just which entity it is up to you :eek:

Originally posted by djben

I dont mean to burst anyones bubble BUT....

Everything gets cracked and put on the net.

DVD's... Computer games... anything, No matter what it's encryption or security schemes.

No matter how much people might *think* theyve got a fool proof system, some 17 year old hacker in Russia will break it.

Ben

thank you ben i'm glad you brought this up... it's something of a timeless question it would seem, that gets asked of me constantly... first it was all the pirated software going around a few years back (not that this has stopped, but when it first became common knowledge it was something of a hot press item). people who know me know i know a thing or two about computers and would ask me "what do you think they can do about it to stop it". well one of the subjects to do with computers that fascinates me the most is cryptography... and as any cryptographer can tell you there's no such thing as an unbreakable code. that is, not infinitely at least... so there's just "cryptography that can't be broken for X amount of time" and that is all there will ever be...

the govt has been afraid of crypto for years... when the founder of PGP released it to the public the govt. jailed him for something like 10 years for it... it was the first public-key encryption released to the public i beleive and has done nothing but give the U.S. feds headaches day after day til this day... it possibly has a lot to do with a decent amount of crime going on untouched, even terrorist activities... and yet, despite all this i think he did the right thing. it would have happened in a matter of time anyways i mean there's only so long the govt could've kept it under closed doors...

as any 13 year old boy who watched hackers can tell you, "Information is free". or at least, it should be...

so yea, there's no stopping any of this. make a way to stop it, someone will figure out how to get past it. start throwing people in jail, more people will immediately rise up to take their place. start fining people there will constantly be an ever-increasing number more to take their place as well... i can't tell you from a business point of view how to go about this so you can make money, but i can tell you from a legal/illegal point of view that i don't beleive there's an end to a problem that was really there all along

Of course any copy protection will be broken. But that is pretty much beside the point.

Its still wrong, and all information should not be free. If I spend hundreds of hours comming up with a new idea anyone should just be able to steal it and use it? Gimme a break, it would kill every high tech business in the us. Including mine and all my customers.

And your missing the point, stealling ideas is no different than steallin a TV. Its wrong, just because its easy or possible doesn't change the fact.

And these megalomaniac hackers are idiots. They pretend they just want to expose security flaws! Gimme a break, how about if I walk up to them, beat them into the ground and tell them "I just wanted to expose you weakness in physical security"

Breaking a law behind a computer, or behind a gun is still breaking the law. And real people suffer. Just because you don't know them doesn't make it right.

BTW the PGP guy Phill Zimmerman was never thrown in jail, the gov had a suit against him for like 3 years which they finally droped. It was for illegally exporting secrets basically because he gave away his software over the net to whomever wanted it.

Guest saleen351

When you guys who know how to read, go to a newspaper stand, you know the kind where you put in a quarter and you take a paper, do you:

1. take only one paper

2. take all the papers

?????

The avg person will not steal, if they are given a good enough reason not to.

This is built into any market. Downloading is not easy, it's a pain in the ass. Go check out oscar g live on kazza or blubster, those are my rips, i put them on there, i loved that cd, and i wanted the the public to hear that cd, heck i don't even know if that cd was for sale. I think it was a space give away, anyways, go try and download then entire cd... i ripped it and made my own tracks..

here is the tracklisting:

Oscar G Live Club Space 1.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 2.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 3.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 4.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 5.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 6.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 7.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 8.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 9.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 10.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 11.mp3

Oscar G Live Club Space 12.mp3

it will take you a month or months to find all the tracks, match them up and burn the cd, and since there is no tracklisting, you have no idea how many tracks there are.

This is just one tiny example, but built into the market is the notion that consumers when left with doing the right thing or steal will do the right thing. Problem is the public doesn't see it as stealing and i'll agree with oscar on that one, however the consumer feels ripped off, can't blame em, turn on cribs one day, our minds are filled with bling bling all the time. If you lower prices people will buy based on:

1. they are doing the right thing

2. they are getting a better product

3. it's much easier

4. it's a complete product

5. it's a pressed cd, that will last loner and sound better

trust me, people are inherently good, give them value for their dollar and you'll see sales go up and downloading go down.

you idealists can sit there all day long and say stealing is stealing, but the market dictates consumers will find a way if you shut down all downloading, this is the same industry that got sued by the goverment and the goverment won, cause of price fixing... <<<< you won't see the oscag g's of the world mention that.... it's a price issue. the market is not in equilbrium... when it is, sales will increase...

have faith and ban trance.... words to live by...