Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I was really disappointed in DT and the ARC party

Ok, Got to Arc at 6, and for the entire night DT sounded a lot more like JP than DT. Hard NYC house, somo serious cheese, and he was playing really fast. He even played trance for almost an hour.

The crowd sucked, all juiceheads that didn't make it out the SF party, I think that DT was playing to that crowd. --which BTW was a sparse crowd--

At one point Danny ran through the club and when he came into the back room nobody even reacted. WTF?

I heard the foghorn and sirens every 10 minutes!!!!!

It's funny b/c I only heard DT for the first time on Friday at Be Yourself and he was incredible. He sounded like a totally different DJ on Sunday.

Wow, I cannot believe anyone would write that about Sunday. I have been going to hear DT for 6 years now and I thought this was one of his great sets! But I like when Danny plays a little harder, but he was NOT playing trance (maybe SOME of the first 45 minutes) but he was playing tech house and tribal all night mixed with SOME hard house. But the meathead crowd I thought wasn't as bad as it has been in there, usually it's all big pumped up idiots and stupid girls asking where the hip hop room is :laugh::blown:

It say's your an old school legend? Which old school are you from?

Trance? Fast?

What party were you at? Danny was bangin hard slow house all night..he played some tech house which I loved then banged his way into a hard tribal set. And the crowd was GREAT, I'm confused from your post...and I'm someone who has been very hard on the crowd ever since Twilo closed...I've been going to Vinyl since 99 and now I only go every couple of months, mostly because I don't feel the crowd and vibe that used to be there every Friday. But this SUnday it was an amazing experience...fun crowd that was very much into the music and into Danny.

I must say the one of the best parts of the night/day was around 11:30 am when Danny was wrapping up, playing random fun music. All the security guards were hanging out and one busted out into a dance *think one of Fat Boys gettin down to Push It by Salt N Pepa* LOL... It was a sight to see. Only about 30 people left in the place...

Great night...and I hope it keeps up like that. I might have to stop by more often.

He started off weak for a few hours but turned up the heat for the last 6 hours of his set. He did NOT drop any trance. I'm sure I know which tracks you are referring to and they are NOT trance tracks. If his set had been strong throughout I would have given DT an A, but since I didn't like how he opened, I give the set an A-. Danny overall played a great set, take it from someone who goes wayyyyyyyyyy too much.

Danny comes out of the booth every so often, he's done it several times this year, so it's not something new to hardcore DT followers. And many people shook his hand, gave him pats on the back etc. Were you expecting the crowd to mob DT and put him on their shoulders? DT's not about that, he tries to emphasize that he's one of us, not someone to be worshipped.

And big props to Saeed and Palash, they were ridiculous from start to finish. :eek:

I will have to agree with those of you all who thought dt on sunday was a SUPERB party... a bit of a sparse crowd towards the end which was fine... but a sick bout of TECH HOUSE that had that place on fire for a good hour to hour-and-a-half. Met some very cool people, and chilled with the usual suspects, of course ;)

and when danny came in the back room for a few minutes, what did you expect, a crowd to gather around as if he were some sort of prophet? nah, aint gonna happen! he's just another guy at the party, and it was just a cool thing for him to do...

and i was at the friday party as well, and paying the extra money for the sunday party made all the difference in the world. dt earned every cent on sunday :)

I was there from 1230am till closing, and believe me it was a great night. I was sooooo tired when i walked in cause i had been partying since sat night didnt thin i was gonna dance but i wurked it until i couldn anymre which was arond 10,1030am. And please there was no trance there at all. People sometimes just dont know the difference. iTHINK some of the asian people in thierwere straight up rude. They bump everyone and dont say sorry. Anyhow back to the music, s&p were playin some stuff i heard on sat night so it made me get down and loose again. And they set the tempo for danny who rocked it hard &soul if yo ask me. I sat the whole TECH HOUSE set to restup so i can stay till closing. Um there werent many meatheads thier nor to many dragon ball z heads as well. A few but not exagerrant like other times and clubs. Danny on the floor is always good to see even better to see is when hes jumpin upand down in the booth with his lights. Ended the night with borderline i think iwas so exhaused by then that i was hoding up the walls and pillars. But had a blast as am sure most of the people who understand the VIBE THAT IS HOUSE did as well. I had on a white bandanna (so did a lot of other people) all in black with a fewsilver chains, jumping and spinning in the air. I was with my close friend who had on a fuzzy blue bra.

Sundays labor day party was absolutely grrrrrrrrrrreat.. hangin wit all my close friends.. listenin to some bangin tribal house.. S&P were fukin unreal.. i was hopping they were gonan go to 6.. when they came off at 4 i was really suprised.. when dt came on he kept the flow goin.. but then started to slow it down.. n then for a good few hours he was bangin it out again in his typical fashion.. he showed me why he is a legend.. i didnt stop dancin the hwole fukin night.. i was there from 1- 11.. 10 hours of caos..

octave one - blackwater.. was the track when he came into the crowd wit his lights.. one my fav tracks..

underworld - 2 months off.. he tore that track to shreds.. i never heard a mix like that before..

was great to hang out wit the whoe crew.. u know who u are.. much love to everyone who stuck it out as late as possible.. my legs are still hurting n its wednesday.. harcore dancing is the way its supposed to be.. DT n S&P rocked the house.. till next time.. :)