Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Djs

soniquarium

I was introduced to edger this week at Grooveman. I have stoped in to listen to a few djs that play out in Miami.

And i must say......a talented group. It is refreshing to hear good djs from all styles. Its good to see solid programing and djs that know how to work the energy in the room.

Moving the label to Miami was a great choice...and to be around great talent makes it even better.

Originally posted by soniquarium

I was introduced to edger this week at Grooveman. I have stoped in to listen to a few djs that play out in Miami.

And i must say......a talented group. It is refreshing to hear good djs from all styles. Its good to see solid programing and djs that know how to work the energy in the room.

Moving the label to Miami was a great choice...and to be around great talent makes it even better.

miami is versatile and has some of the most talented dj's in the country. glad to hear some positive words about our home boys.

This clown has played with the best of them from NYC to IBIZA. And although each city has its moments.....the two best in the music scene are Miami and NYC.

The talent that be and the up and comming talent in these two US cities are by far the best.

I understand that some Djs are "predictable" and that is because the become comfortable.....they do not try and bring in newsounds to educate, to push the envolope persa. These "predictiable Djs" tend to fade away. And i do know a few "pro" djs who are "predictable", and that is due to the promotion of a GU cd they are pushing, or a certain set they are pushing in the stores.

Nevertheless, Miami has a foundation to restart the music revolution. To bring back the "Hacenda" vibe. You guys are the key to the survival of the true music scene, as are the djs who are not "predictiable.

Originally posted by soniquarium

Nevertheless, Miami has a foundation to restart the music revolution. To bring back the "Hacenda" vibe. You guys are the key to the survival of the true music scene, as are the djs who are not "predictiable.

uh oh, did someone mention the revolution?

Guest brwneydtrouble

Miami has a great musical vibe and sooo much talent, alot of which is unknown and untapped. I was at Groveman last night and over the course of 2 hours, saw Meng, Francesco (blendprod), Nelson Diaz, Oscar G, Markus Schulz and of course Carla and Merlyn who work there....

What an awesome place. I'll be making trips down every now and then to get more vinyl. :D

as an old Hacienda manager & occasional DJ there I have to be honest and say that the vibe of the Hacienda cannot be achieved in miami, never has and never will. I love my home town of Manchester & also love my new home in Miami.

the vibe of the Hacienda was achieved because the people went there for the pure love of great tunes & not as i see so often in Miami, to simply look cool & be seen at the right parties.

the drugs were better & cheaper & the music was produced by musicians & innovators of the scene.

The Hacienda was the father of the club scene due to the extensive efforts of some of the most musically creative people known to the country. they weren't affraid to try something new & created many a big name dj who, until then, had only ever played in his bedroom.

It was a sad day to see the Hac' finally killed off by the scum of Manchester

R.I.P

peace

Chris Reiss :rock:

146640fac51.jpg?4159

146640hacienda_interior.jpg?3661

I wouldn't say never has or never will. Miami has had it's own pioneering places like Groove Jet and Shadow Lounge...I've never been to Manchester, but I would dare to say those two places had a similar feeling of community about the music, at least for the Miami folk...but comparing Manchester to Miami is like comparing apples and oranges...the UK has a 10 year head-start on clubbing, after all...

For those who have not had the fortunate pleasure, DJ Matt Spector is no doubt one of the top up and coming DJ's in all of South Florida. The former Living Room Resident is playing tonight at the Bulldog Lounge in Lauderdale. I suggest everyone come check it out. You will all be very impressed.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by livewirebs

For those who have not had the fortunate pleasure, DJ Matt Spector is no doubt one of the top up and coming DJ's in all of South Florida. The former Living Room Resident is playing tonight at the Bulldog Lounge in Lauderdale. I suggest everyone come check it out. You will all be very impressed.

Is he the resident?

you guys know I am Mr. Miami supporter/ pro-local guy....

but....

I was fortunate enough to have played at the legendary Hacienda on several occasions and it was nothing short of AMAZING!!!

I can honestly say though...right now....Miami is hard to top...

It is hard for people to appreciate how good we have it because we are too close....but when you compare it to other scenes we are lightyears ahead right now....

:cool:

Originally posted by djoscarg

you guys know I am Mr. Miami supporter/ pro-local guy....

but....

I was fortunate enough to have played at the legendary Hacienda on several occasions and it was nothing short of AMAZING!!!

I can honestly say though...right now....Miami is hard to top...

It is hard for people to appreciate how good we have it because we are too close....but when you compare it to other scenes we are lightyears ahead right now....

:cool:

Hialeah too.....ciudad que progresa....:party: