Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Putting the records and cd's down for a few months

Originally posted by djustinh

Let's look at the flipside of being a DJ. As much as it is fun to be behind a mixer and in front of a crowd, the average person does not realize what a DJ must go through in order to be behind that mixer. The average person doesn't realize the stress, the back stabbers, the promotional teams(constantly arguing and competeing), the club owners, the late hours, the drinking or any other stuff he or she decides to do, the running around for music, the building of relationships to get music, the burning of music, the shopping of records, and the list goes on and on and on. And then some of us are full time workers, and going to school fulltime, and then we may have a girlfriend(who has stood by me dearly through everything) that we have to balance out.guest spots here and there.

I could make a 1000 excuses but ill be brutally honest, the booth is extremely extremely obsolete and has equipment that will leave you in tears at the end of the night. The monitors are 8inch speakers, the mixer is over 8 years old, the cd player is a dennon with no loop (the original dennon cd player) and i can cry a river about the booth and why i didnt play so great, but you know what fuck it. I had fun, and for those that knocked me at Sandbar, your right i didnt play so great as I would at something like Metro Lounge or Joeys, or Roxy, or Sound Factory. Thats another stress factor in intself, going to your residency knowing that you cant play your heart out becuae of the equipment, and leaving constantly saying, i coulda fuckin done better. With a place like Metro, you could walk in with your head high and say, i got JBL monitors, 3 turntables, samplers, rotary knob mixers and theres no excuses Justin, if you fuck up, you fuck up!

justinhiggins

Oops! Hit the submit b4 writing this...

Don't really know u personally bro, but have to agree with u on most of the above. If a person(or other dj) don't know what u have to deal with in a booth, they could think it's u that's not that great. Some clubs just hate spending $$$ on maintaining equipment. Then again, some dj's just suck ass not because of equipment...just because they're bad!

I've heard u a couple of times and definitely can't say anything bad about u. It gets hectic at times, but having been on both sides....I'd prefer the entertainment world over the "normal world" anyday. Just have to make sure you balance and can pay all your bills!

Take care JH!

HSP

Hot clubber spots, pics, dancers, employment, male revues at.... www.hotspotpromos.com

:cool:

Originally posted by kevtherev1

Try 936 consecutive Friday & Saturdays and see if you burn out.

936 in a row that is.

Changes/Madhouse 1991-2000.

I've worked with

fevers, colds, flu, bronchitis, pnemonia, kidney stones, wisdom teeth out, broken fingers, poison ivy, migraines, food poisoning, pink eye, hangovers, stomach virus, sun poisoning, stitched wounds, jet lag, whiplash, bruised ribs, severe hayfever, ear infections, laringitis, and strep throat.

Learn to mix without monitors cause half the clubs you will work at the monitors wont work. DJ one night a week don't kill yourself. I wish that when I was 20 I could mix like you and worked the places you have. You are way ahead of the game.

Good luck whatever you do and I think if you continue djing you will be very successful.

Don't forget you had that bad case of the itchies on your privates!

feel better and good luck bro....a lot of time we need to take a look in the mirror and realize that some of the choices we make just arnt worth it....if u feel that way then do what it takes to be happy.....just sayin this cause at the same age as u i kicked my own ass by partying to much and now im paying the price....so its time to make a change....but its true....i know ill never stop i just have to calm down a lot and make some better choices....music and the scene will always be in you without it u probably wont be happy either...maybe u should just take it easy a bit so u dont burn out....but in anycase do whats right for u and good luck in the future