Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nerve + Demi + Oscar F = WOW!

eKiTeL

now that was more like it, excellent combination, the best Friday there since they opened, great crowd, great music, yada yada yada

whoever wrote that "Demi don't know howda mix right" was off his rocker... I like the way he kept it on the deeper side for a long time and didn't start rocking until after 3, it helped that Oscar did a great job opening up too ;)

whoever predicted that Demi wouldn't pack the place should now be very pleasantly surprised

nice to meet CPer's out in force supporting, even AT showed up and was very impressed

suggestion to Nerve, get rid of those couches and tables in the middle of the dancefloor, a couple would be nice, but as it is they're taking up the whole room

so then it looks like this is just the first installment of their mega-September lineup that hopefully will convince them to stick to this kind of thing for Friday nights, there really are a loto of people who appreciate good music with a fresh sound, and now a lot of scenesters are showing up just because it's just such a cool place & party, this is definitely a recipe for success....

Also the after party at Space was great, Oscar F again opening up, though showing a completely different side, very chunky, bouncy up-north style house, that was perfect for that room, earning a few new fans, including Cue and Amalia, and then Cue was tearing it up, making ample use of the loop effect and CDJ1000's, Demi showed up too, and I heard they were giving him a hard time to get in, the door staff there can definitely be a pain sometimes, but it was all sorted out quickly enough, I don't know if he played, he had his records, I left at 7:30 so maybe he went on after that...

THANX TO: … Raincry ... The Phoenix ... Pod .. Livin42nite ... mp3some ... Arturoantunes ... Chis Duque ... Fostech ... Blendproductions ... Digital 7 ... Andrewthomas ... Bigtallgeoff ... Erickitell ... Jimmy T ... Macboy ... Skardd4life ... 2Heavi ... Milano ... Rcrespo ... Bingo ... Tbooty ... Joebudious ... and specially Carla ... YOU PEEPS NOW WHAT'S UP ...

Having started by thanking all of those I can recall seeing last nite from this board... I can only say … ANY club in town will need to work really hard to match what we had last nite at Nerve …

Enjoyed the support thru out this week for this event … enjoyed even further the negative comments … last nite was time to settle things down once and for all …

Oscar Fonseca opened the nite … his sound worked so well in that sound system … 11:30 pm and the place was already full … dance floor and surroundings already jamming with dancing peeps …

Oscar is certainly one of the best DJs in this town … it is not about size of room … competitions … or else … Oscar has the concepts that define a GREAT DJ soooo clear … in programming … in choosing the right time to throw acapellas … to funk you with his mixing out of the monotoneous beats that electronic music can bring along when it is not properly played … twist you out … only to bring you back … and keep playing with your feet and feelings thru out his set … an opening set … no need to bang it out … simply an OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL OPENING SET … TOP 3 OPENING SETS I HEARD ALL YEAR …

With this kind of appetizer … we were set for a five star meal …

The place had packed with quality clubbers … those whose taste for music keeps them away from most places on the beach and elsewhere … understanding why this happens is learning to appreciate quality music … so scarce in the past couple years in South Florida …

Pushing the envelope to present fresh sounds is a risk … nevertheless … life is for those who dare … call it Nerve if you want …

With this set up … it was time for Demi to serve the main course … OMG … scary to think of … insane …

Starting with a CLASSY GLAMOUR set up for a sexy fashion show .. the mood was being set … Demi built his set from the fashion show up … from deep sexy grooves to the classiest house music which has made Tenaglia drool for …

The energy in the place was tops … the smiles on everyone’s faces the only way to express such an intense feeling …

For those who missed it … can’t find words to apologize myself for not being able to open your eyes … those in attendance know what I’m talking about …

For those in attendance … this was for you guys … don’t miss Vich & Berger …

great set oscar !!!! perfect programming,track selection :D

the vibe was incredible....way to go marco and carla....good job!!

had to leave early cause my wife was feeling sick...missed demi....im glad everyone had a great time....NERVE IS THE MOTHERFUCKING PLACE ON FRIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Thanks to everyone who showed up. What an increidible night. Nerve had such a good vibe that I didn't wan't to leave at 3:30 for my gig at Space. Demi tor the roof! Twisted proggy spacey techhouse at it's best. Definitely plays a distiinct sound....very good indeed.

If your'e still up and going tonight....check out Luna.

OscarFonseca 11-3.

Cianci & Avila. 3-5.

Thanks to all cp's who where there. peace.. oscar.

What a completely incredible night. Congrats congrats congrats to all those involved!!!!!!!!!!!

It was my first time listening to Oscar and I really enjoyed his mixing, music selection etc.

Demi WHAT CAN I SAY?????????????? Beyond words, the music, his energy he trasmits to everyone out there...it was a top notch night undoubtably.

What made the night diff. then most was the incredible vibe that was felt...as Marco mentioned everyone was smiling, feeling the music, dancing.

Have to agree that since NERVE opened its doors, in my opinion it was THE BEST night they've had... I actually hadn't been there for a while, but after last night, "miami's best kept secret" will be my new Friday night neighborhood hangout...

Again cheers to all those involved last night!

#13 DEMI IS THE BOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMB!

BTW...great talking to you last night POD, see you Wed. ;)

Thanks to everyone who showed up to support Demi and Oscar. I had a truly incredible birthday. Thanks to Nerve for allowing me to host my birthday at my favorite club in Miami. Is is nice that you can have a party with quality house music in Miami that also draws a packed house full of great looking people.

Again, Thanks.

Carlos.

PS: Thanks to Marco and Carla and to the rest of the Nerve staff that made this event possible.

PS2: blendprod, lavos, eKiTeL, mrjoebudious, rcrespo, andrewthomas, Bingo, and Pod. Thanks for showing up!

I couldnt have said it better Marco...it was simply amazing. Not many DJs can stop me conversation and make me say "whoa".

and Marco, the links you gave me to Isrel Vich...very good indeed. I am impressed by his style...especially since iam not a house head...(except for demi)...

so I reccomend checking this weekends entertainment out also....

and bring Demi back

Originally posted by livin42nite

would be cool to see the reviews from the other thread moved to this one, since most peeps that look for reviews on demi will not see a bunch of others that were posted unless they search on the drama thread.

Tru Dat!... (re-posting my thoughts on the night...) so,

This Friday was pretty fkn good. Oscar opened w his signature tech house keeping the growing crowd on a steady climb. Some of his tunes seemed to want to take the crowd to the next step and i thought he did a good job bringing everyone onto the floor. So next thing u know Demi is in the house, he's on the booth getting ready to begin his set... The fashion show begins and i must say the programming couldn't have been any better... I kept telling people that those models didnt even have to worry about 'modeling', they just had to walk around to the beats Demi was playing... Superb selection for the lil fashion episode.

Then the models get off the bar, lights go back down and Demi starts building up again. I personally thought he started waaay lower than where Oscar left off, but w the whole fashion show interruption, i guess he had to bring everyone back; i dunno. I was somewhat stalling tho for the first 30 mins or so of Demi's set, but OMG... did he make up for that!! :eek: He went on to laying on everyone one of the thumpiest most driven sets i've heard in months!!! I was really impressed to hear what I was actually expecting after being somewhat mislead by the first impression I got. In any case, I danced my ass off (again!! hehe) and the ppl i brought were very happy they made it. Def. another evening of quality music, ppl, vibe...

To all the guys at nerve, mad props for another big one... keep it up!! i know u will... :D Thx to marco n carla.. and jon, too bad u were sick, def one memorable night... hope ur alright now!

Nice seeing all the regulars hehe.. I'll see u guys this Fri. ;)

Peace!!

Mp3.- :smoke:

Originally posted by livin42nite

would be cool to see the reviews from the other thread moved to this one, since most peeps that look for reviews on demi will not see a bunch of others that were posted unless they search on the drama thread.

he already saw it yesterday....sadly

• 1 month later...

again my face is in shock by the incredible nice words and feedback from what was truly an incredible night at Nerve and the best night yet I have played there and that is down to the crowd as well as not just me but also Carlos whose warm up set was simply perfect..nice, chunky and got everybody grooving - the art of the warm-up dj is exactly that - nothing spectacular but just groovy

The Fashion show was indeed an unexpected interuptance (is that a word? hahah)

but to be honest I actually enjoyed playing some stuff that i would never really have an opportunity to play out and thankfully it all worked really well -

i think the experiences no in fact I know from the 3 times playing with the big chief DT at Arc it taught me so much about how to play, how to be in control - i matured and so much happened in NYC which has helped me enormously both as a DJ but as a person as well and I think what everybody heard that night at Nerve was a result of how NYC such an incredible profound effect on me....OK TOO MUCH DRAMA DEM...but i guess its the truth or as best as I can put it

again the support in MIami is fucking unreal and i just want to keep coming back and back and give you guys more good times it's that simple - spreading the word, the vibe there's no greater thrill I do it for the love of music

peace

:)

www.deepersubstance.com