Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what can you sacrifice/compromise for love?

weyes

iw as with some religious bitch from another country for a lil bit...and she was hot too...only thing was..she was into her religion so much..that shit was crazy...i was scared...i pictured myself being stuck with this chick......and her crazy religious american hating family...so i had to fire her.. but sacrafices? i make mad sacrafices for my girl...... mm nothing better than a hot catholic broad///

Originally posted by elementx

...She is askin him to change. But if you think about it. Usually if you are that into religion at that age. And being that religion is what you believe and not what you know. Then you cannot change your beliefs... You believe in those things for one reason or another and love cannot change that. But by learning one anothers religion maybe you can get a better understanding on why each person believes in something different...

i never said how old she is; i'd place her in her early-mid-30s.

they can be together and both keep their religion as along as they respect each other and don't nag or put down their beliefs.

Also can a republican be with someone who's a liberal (marry them) and not have too many problems. I dunno... I don't think i met a couple who are married that have different political views.

Originally posted by thrillfire

...Also can a republican be with someone who's a liberal (marry them) and not have too many problems. I dunno... I don't think i met a couple who are married that have different political views.

i was just thinking about that today, and i don't think i could marry a republican, but i think that that's much more significant than having different religious beliefs in that one's political positions affect many aspects of life. different views on abortion rights, the death penalty, gun control, the environment, the war, gay rights, and more create great divides between people, and i think that people's positions on such serious issues as these have a big part in making a person who s/he is.

Originally posted by weyes

i was just thinking about that today, and i don't think i could marry a republican, but i think that that's much more significant than having different religious beliefs in that one's political positions affect many aspects of life. different views on abortion rights, the death penalty, gun control, the environment, the war, gay rights, and more create great divides between people, and i think that people's positions on such serious issues as these have a big part in making a person who s/he is.

Some of those issues you mentioned are actually religious ones... abortion, gay rights... you might only see them as political ones if you yourself are not religious.

Separation of church and state? Yeah, right...

Originally posted by tastyt

Some of those issues you mentioned are actually religious ones... abortion, gay rights... you might only see them as political ones if you yourself are not religious.

Separation of church and state? Yeah, right...

food for thought :idea: .

Originally posted by weyes

a woman came into my work the other day (camera store/photo lab) and was showing me pictures of an elaborate and gorgeous flower arrangement, explaining that her "love" had sent them to her.

"aren't they beautiful?" she asked. then she went on to talk about the man who sent them. "he's the love of my life. he's the one. but i told him i can't see him anymore. see, he's indian and believes in reincarnation, and i believe in jesus christ, and i just can't marry someone who doesn't believe in the lord."

she went on to say that, on their first date, he asked her if she would see him exclusively, and she had said, "yes."

"we knew right away that we were meant for each other," she said. "i'm just praying he can change to the lord so we can be together."

now, this seems crazy to me. she was going on for about twenty minutes, talking to me about how this is it - true love. how she knows this is the man with whom she is meant to spend the rest of her life. she's never felt like this, etc., etc. but she's willing to throw it all away over religious beliefs.

what's more important: religion, or your soulmate? i'm sorry, but it seems like a no-brainer to me. this person comes around once in a lifetime - there's only one of him. and no one is ever going to share all of your beliefs. what would you guys do in this kind of situation?

i think jesus would tell her to accept her man with his beliefs and just love him as he is.