Clubplanet Nightlife Community

G.H.B. - On This Day In History...

kanikki

Well, one year ago today, our friends lost a very special person. His name is Julius Samuel deJong, known to everyone simply as "Jules". I'm sure that many of you knew Jules, and if not, you certainly saw him out on the town. He loved to dance, party and have fun and couldn't help but turn heads with his gorgeous looks and incredibly fit body...

But Jules' short life was taken from him far too quickly. One year ago on a Monday morning much like today, after partying together on South Beach on Sunday night, a group of friends went back to an apartment where Jules had taken the now popular drug, GHB. What our friends didn't realize was that Jules' intake, which sent him into what is commonly referred to as a "cap nap", was a nap from which he would not wake up. They put him to bed in hopes that he would sleep it off, but this deadly drug instead took his life.

Friends, I'm not posting this thread to judge or ask you to do anything other than to take a brief moment to pause and remember Jules. Even if you didn't know him, please take a moment to pause for the cause. You've probably seen someone "G out" in a club, as I know I've witnessed my share of those all-too familiar sightings. And if that person is your friend, do your best to keep them awake, and quite possibly, save their life.

Our friends vowed to never touch GHB after Jules' death. Some had tried it, some hadn't, but what we realized was simple...

We Can't "G H B " -- We Can't "Get Him Back"

And the next time you're partying and getting a little crazy, just remember "JULES"...

J = Just

U = Understand

L = Limitations

E = Equal

S = Safety

We're not asking you not to party, and Jules wouldn't have wanted that... We're simply asking that you know your limitations and stay safe. It's not worth it, friends.

In loving memory of our friend JULES. We miss you and will never forget you! :hug:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was meant to be a memorial for a dear friend that we are grieving over the loss of. If you don't have anything nice or positive to post, then please don't post anything at all and take your comments somewhere else, please. There are plenty of clubs for you to bash and DJ's for you to harass and owners for you to complain to without having to ruin the memory of our friend with your negativity.

It was an overdose, by the way. And I wasn't looking for your pity, but was attempting to bring an awareness to the many, many users of GHB who read these posts.

Thanks, anyway, for spreading negativity on what was meant to be something special.

:jacked:

Guest saleen351

read what you wrote, you speak of "limitations", wrong message to preach.... To quote your post he just took a "cap nap" that right there speaks why "limitations" aren't the way to go. Just say don't do the stuff...

Guest brwneydtrouble

Saleen, no one is asking for your compassion, but apparently someone here is very hurt from a loss. Would it kill you to just be civil this once and keep your sometimes callous comments to yourself? What she is asking for is a bit of awareness, and maybe a prayer. I dont' think that is asking for too much.

I agree with you on that, Saleen. Hence the slogan, that's why "We Can't GHB". Unfortunately, some people are going to do what they want, no matter what. For those who aren't willing to give up, I ask to simply know your limitations... every little bit helps. And unfortunately with GHB, you never know when that cap might be your last.

And to continue with keeping JULES memory alive, I will attempt to add some photos for those of you who may remember his face. It's been a year, but the years will never fade the memories...

The day we returned all of Jules' belongings to his mother was one of the saddest days of my life. As she sat sobbing while we brought everything inside, there were a few items we wanted to bring to her attention. When I handed her his journals, together, we opened the book to a page dated 12/13/00 and read the following that she has given me permission to share:

"Lead me, fair angel, away from the sin and into the light. I want to shine with a humble glow that does not blind others, but opens their eyes (heart) and helps them as it does me. I want to shine like morning mist reflecting off the rising sun. I want to flow with the light, like the music which runs through my blood, through my blood, I swear, I feel it's every beat, it's cries. I wish I were a poet, then I could express my world to you."

Little did he realize, he was indeed a poet. This is the first page we opened the book to that day, and the fact that two years prior to his death, his wish to help others is what drives me to enlighten each of you who have taken the time to read this.

If it reaches but only one person...

Originally posted by kanikki

Thanks. If this message reaches but just one person, it'll be worth it for others not to have to experience such a loss. Party smart, guys!

I don't remember seeing him but I remember the girl in the pic. Is that you?

Originally posted by laliux

I don't remember seeing him but I remember the girl in the pic. Is that you?

No, it isn't me, and I can't recall her name off the top of my head (I'm really bad with names)... but I'll ask and see. These photos were all given to his mother from his friends the day of the funeral, so they came from various sources.

Thanks, laliux, for taking the time to read this in honor of his memory. It means a lot to us...

Originally posted by kanikki

No, it isn't me, and I can't recall her name off the top of my head (I'm really bad with names)... but I'll ask and see. These photos were all given to his mother from his friends the day of the funeral, so they came from various sources.

Thanks, laliux, for taking the time to read this in honor of his memory. It means a lot to us...

Well sorry about your friend. I asked cuz that chick in the pic is or was a party animal... but I remember seeing her everywhere I went... I think she is from Spain if I am not mistaken. :confused:

Originally posted by saleen351

i have zero pity for anyone who dies from drugs....

You have no pity for anyone. Why, because you are just too fucking stupid.

Did drugs and died... their fault, risky behavior.

Got AIDS and died... their fault, risky behavior.

Moutain Climing and died.... their fault, risky behavior.

Got on Space Shuttle and died... their fault, risky behavior.

BTW how much pity do you think your going to get when you keel over at 50 from a heart attack because you eat like shit and treat your body like shit?

I guarantee that someone in your family will die from lung cancer or another smoking related cause. When your at the funeral, make sure you say you have no pitty for anyone who dies because of the drugs they use.

and back to the point.

GHB kills people, don't let it be you. and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't even think of drinking a single drop if you do decide that the high is worth the risk. That one drink that you won't feel anyways increases your chance of death exponentially.

kanikki... Jules had good friends. :)

Originally posted by shroomy

GHB kills people, don't let it be you. and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't even think of drinking a single drop if you do decide that the high is worth the risk. That one drink that you won't feel anyways increases your chance of death exponentially.

kanikki... Jules had good friends. :)

Thanks, Shroomy! I appreciate your reaching out for the cause, and what you wrote about the alcohol is very important. I have many girlfriends who have had G poured into their drinks without their knowledge, which has sent several to the hospital, not knowing what was happening to them. Ladies, be careful where you put your drink down... and be sure you don't pick one up that isn't your or drink a bottle of water that isn't yours! I saw a guy flopping like a fish one day and although I didn't know him, I stayed with him until he was okay. Turns out he chugged a bottle of water that he picked up from the table. It wasn't water.

We Can't G.H.B. -- We Can't GET HIM BACK... :nono:

Jules was a good man and i was very sad that he left us. All things happen for a reason and one of those was to maybe save others from dying. I know a few people who stopped doing GHB after they heard about jules fate. R.I.P. JULES

And Saleen, you know who I am and just as you had no pity for my friend, I will have something for you when I see you and it won't be pity fo' sho'. WTFO!!!

-MUCH LOVE to EVERYONE but saleen...-

Kanikki, I'm sorry for your friend Jules (he looks familiar)...nevermind what Saleen replies, he's obviously emotionally impaired. After 14 years of living in Miami, I've seen one too many peepz go the same way Jules did (I'm not bluffing)...not worth it, young people with everything to live for, lifes wasted for a moment of pleasure or the ultimate high...it's crazy...but very much true...I don't think we should judge, agree or disagree...we don't always have to know the right answer or have the snappiest reply to everything...it's also o.k. to stop and think of things and try to understand why they happen. We would never be able to make sense out of the tragedy of losing a friend, I wouldn't dare trying...just be careful out there.

In memory of Jules

candle_anim.gif

I had the fortunate pleasure of knowing Julius for years before he even moved down to Miami. Jules was the type of person who immediatly welcomed you into his life after just moments of meeting you. He was an extremely special individual who had that unique blend of passion, style, and intelligence. I will continue to miss Julius very much and can just hope he is in a better place.