Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Boy Bill at Cubik

DETROIT

Yeah, i hate that his sets are so short, but 90min is longer than he usually spins, at nation he tends to spin for 2 hours......

i guess in the world of progressive DJ's and 15minute songs he has to keep his sets short, because he only sticks with a song for about 90sec or 2minutes before he gets tricky or fades into something else, so in 90minutes he goes through as many records as any other DJ would in 3hours

Originally posted by mysteriousss

I've seen him live at Boo 6 in NY a couple of years ago.. He did an hour or 2 hour set (all of them had no more than that anyway) and he ROCKED.. I'm very excited about his new cd/dvd too..

totally unrelated to this topic but Zoya, I saw Lina at PvD at Central Park. Of course I did.... I always run into her :D

Originally posted by fwilso01

i guess in the world of progressive DJ's and 15minute songs he has to keep his sets short, because he only sticks with a song for about 90sec or 2minutes before he gets tricky or fades into something else, so in 90minutes he goes through as many records as any other DJ would in 3hours

Techno DJs manage to spin for hours and hours.

Originally posted by mysteriousss

I wonder why LOL.. Maybe because both of you are in love with Paul :D Did you have a good time at that party??

Hehe... maybe :love2:

Yeah the gig was fun. It was not his best set by far but the atmosphere was unbeatable. How often do you get to see your favorite dj in such a setting? :D

Its funny how I always run into Lina when the crowds at PvD are massive!

funny thing. . .bad boy bill, for some reason :rolleyes: , gets no love from his hometown, chicago. . .and whenever i talk to non-chicago people, they love bbb?

aaaand techno is NOT boring. . . .using recorded scratch records and pretending like you're doing the tricks is boring (saw him do it in charlotte). . .no, actually it sucks. :tongue:

i think all "bangin the box" mixes (1-4. . .how many are there now?) sound alike.

not a big fan of bad boy bill. . .

I still respect it musically, and while all of your points are valid and true, techno still is the most repetitive and monotonous

(using monotony not as slander, but as the ACTUAL definition of the word)

type of EDM in the whole scene...........

even chillout music and more flow, rythm and style than techno does

ouch. rather than fuckitup w/words. . .

checkit:

Viktor Duplaix/Looking For Love (58th Street Remix)/ Hollywood Records

John Tejada & Tinton Duvante/Coax/Recreation

In Es Project/I'm Feeling Good (Todd Terry Remix)/Inhouse

and tell me that shit don't have flow, rhythm, or style. . .

OR try listening to any of the pre-March 2003 sets (after that it's all minimal, which i'm still undecided about) on www.paxahau.com. . .

all the lovely tricks, crazy mixes, lightening cues, etc. that you love about badboybill. . .he learned from watching jeff mills. . .

(ok can't guarantee that, but i had to say it :D )

I don't hate many DJs' style. I hate BBB's. And his "skills" are not as great as everyone thinks. He represses a lot of his tracks so the BPMs are already matched...

At Ultrafest this year, BBB came on right after Lawler. Talk about a complete audience turnover!

Originally posted by scratchapella

ouch. rather than fuckitup w/words. . .

checkit:

Viktor Duplaix/Looking For Love (58th Street Remix)/ Hollywood Records

John Tejada & Tinton Duvante/Coax/Recreation

In Es Project/I'm Feeling Good (Todd Terry Remix)/Inhouse

and tell me that shit don't have flow, rhythm, or style. . .

OR try listening to any of the pre-March 2003 sets (after that it's all minimal, which i'm still undecided about) on www.paxahau.com. . .

all the lovely tricks, crazy mixes, lightening cues, etc. that you love about badboybill. . .he learned from watching jeff mills. . .

(ok can't guarantee that, but i had to say it :D )

:love2:

jroo does not like bad boy bill. i have never heard bad boy bill. but someone with the name bad boy bill better be a bad boy and live up to his name, else... he is not really a bad boy then... which would be more like lame boy bill.