stoli night @ oasis

thp

STOLI NIGHT AT Oasis

Wednesdays @ Europa

1409 E Cary Street, Richmond, VA

9:30 pm - close

Tapas menu available until 10:30

this week’s guest:

Moncef (95 North Records, Vinylicous Recordings, Recastow.com, Daliciousmonster.com, DC)

Moncef has been spinning house music since his high school days in Morocco. He obtained his first significant club gig in the summer of 1997 at Red in Washington, D.C opening for 95 North. This led the club to offer him a Thursday night residency, which he held from May to December of 1998, before moving to a bi-monthly residency at Andalu (also in D.C.). Moncef also played alongside Kris Murphy every other Thursday at the Good Love Bar in Baltimore. He has also appeared on numerous national and international radio shows (WUMD 88.1 FM's "The Battery", WPFW 89.3 FM's "Vinylicious Hour", and countless internet radio broadcasts) and has infected heads up and down the east coast in clubs from Bambu in Miami to Filter 14 in New York City, and even at La Scene in Paris, France.

As Nicolicious with fellow musician Nicolas Laget (aka Kolai), Moncef has released 2 records: "Goin On" feat. Karla Brown on 95 North Records (released May 1999) and "Vermilion Vibe" with remixes by Jask on Vinylicious Recordings (released December 1999).

Moncef is now focusing on his online record store (Monfresh Recastow: www.recastow.com) that he opened a few months ago and is also planning on starting a new party in D.C. The details will be forthcoming on his website: www.daliciousmonster.com

resident dj: Omar Faison

downtempo house.afrobeat.nu-jazz.broken beat

21+ w/ id

NO COVER

All Stoli drinks $5

a topheavy production

flyer and sounds available at www.topheavy.net

SPONSORED BY STOLICHNAYA VODKA

upcoming guests:

09/10-Stoli Night featuring: Moncef (95 North Records, Vinylicous Recordings, Recastow.com, daliciousmonster.com, DC)

09/17-DJ Eon (RVA)

09/24-Andy Johnson (Hifidinosaurs, RVA)

10/01-Resident’s Night

Originally posted by funks0ul

why don't you like richmond?

it's too far south, the accent and no teeth. No sports teams, not much to do there and plus last time I was there I worked over 70 hours that week so it left a nasty taste in my mouth......I do like that big smokestack though and how there is very little traffic!! IS that good enough for you?

lol, yeah I can see why you wouldn't like it! I remember when I first went there for school, I thought I was in a rap video or something. And I was like :eek: b/c gold teeth weren't just a guy thing there, the women had em too!

Everything there closed soo early too.

But i met a lot of cool people there, so it's nice to go back sometimes. :D

lol, yeah I can see why you wouldn't like it! I remember when I first went there for school, I thought I was in a rap video or something. And I was like :eek: b/c gold teeth weren't just a guy thing there, the women had em too!

Everything there closed soo early too.

But i met a lot of cool people there, so it's nice to go back sometimes. :D

so did you get some gold teets?

Originally posted by pgiddy

I didn't think it was that bad down there, I thought I was in a few country videos, Achy breaky heart type videos

depends on what part of richmond you were in though, achy breaky heart type videos? I'm thinking you were more in henrico and the burbs and stuff.

well duh, what'd you expect in chesterfield, they have like some confederate month or week or something like that. And I remember when I was in Richmond they had this KKK walk, that was turned into a big deal.

well duh, it was my first time there and thats whree my work sent me, so it's not like I went there to hang out, sorry next time I will request a better spot!