Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would you rather hear.........

OK. So, I used to work at this club in Trenton, and we used to spin the latest house music...stuff right from behind the counter at Mondo.....we were so hyped to see how the crowd would react to these brand new songs that they never heard before....at the time, it was about 5 months ago, we were playing songs like SF-97 The Room, Derb, Mike Ski's Wasteland, We Come 1 and other sick tracks that are now popular. Now I don't know about you people, but when I hear a new track in a club for the first time that is rediculous, I get so pumped. I just wanna run through a wall.....well anyway...while we were playing amazing new music, people were coming up and requesting older shit...some of which was good like Blow up the speakers, and some which was just stupid shit like spin spin sugar and Whores in the house.....why? Simply because they wanted to hear stuff that they already knew. Now my question to you is ... What would you rather hear at a club? New tracks that are amazing, or all tracks that you already know.

------------------

I remember this sound...the speakers were kicking this incredible bass....I've never heard anything like this before.....

Originally posted by slate183:

OK. So, I used to work at this club in Trenton, and we used to spin the latest house music...stuff right from behind the counter at Mondo.....we were so hyped to see how the crowd would react to these brand new songs that they never heard before....at the time, it was about 5 months ago, we were playing songs like SF-97 The Room, Derb, Mike Ski's Wasteland, We Come 1 and other sick tracks that are now popular. Now I don't know about you people, but when I hear a new track in a club for the first time that is rediculous, I get so pumped. I just wanna run through a wall.....well anyway...while we were playing amazing new music, people were coming up and requesting older shit...some of which was good like Blow up the speakers, and some which was just stupid shit like spin spin sugar and Whores in the house.....why? Simply because they wanted to hear stuff that they already knew. Now my question to you is ... What would you rather hear at a club? New tracks that are amazing, or all tracks that you already know.

Most of the time I want to hear new stuff at the clubs. Lately for some reason I am on an old school kick and that's all I've been listening to.

------------------

Old school legend

Originally posted by breathless420:

Kat Man Du Sucks......

I will 2nd, 3rd and 4th That... If I hear that song that's my Cue to Leave. I'M Over Here Now... HAs anyone seen Verven ???

Originally posted by eviljav666:

the whole jersey MUZIK scene sucks...

honestly..theres NO Balls to play something different..

oh shut up JAV.. come on now.. cwm8.gif

------------------

"Men are like fine wine. They all start out like grapes, and it's your job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with"....

of course u can always enjoy an old song that was off the hook...one that always gets u pumped! but there is nothing like eharing a new song for the forst time!! i can honestly remember all the first times i heard a lot of sick songs in clubs. matter of fact..heard a new vocal this weekend at factory and pumped is not the word to describe how excited my friends were! lol cwm32.gif

------------------

*~*i DOn'T nEeD yOur AttiTudE~~>i BrOuGht My OwN*~*

new new new....i remember the first time i heard like zombie nation for instance...i thought there was like 50,000 soccer fans chanting in the vip room or something....and derb...omg... like over the winter....we all looked at each other like wtf?

but ask yourself a question? has the music started to suck, or are you so into hearing the newest, hottest tunes, that you are ahead of even the seasoned djs in finding sick muzik? i didn't listen to shit like 2 years ago, now i hear a song that is "new" and i'm like dude....that song is 4 months old.....then my friends slap me and tell me to shut up..

PipDaddy...I totally agree with you. It has definitely become a game of who can get a hold of the newest sick tracks. And I do the same thing as far as saying "That track is like 4 moths old". LOL

------------------

I remember this sound...the speakers were kicking this incredible bass....I've never heard anything like this before.....

And while we are talking about sick music. If you dont have it yet, grab Macguyver's new track, "Age of Machines". That's my favorite this week. "I am Ready" is sick too. Its a few months old, but I've only heard it played 3 or 4 times out at a club.

------------------

Archived