iamme

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

Yeah. Why?

Want to know the best way to get my ass into the World Bank. I have a contact who works there, but he works in Brazilia :rolleyes:

Is it literally impossible to get in without some sort of Masters degree?? Any tips, advice, people i could talk to? anythings would be appreciated?

What did I say? :confused:

:laugh: sorry

the :shaky: was for vic "im too lazy to walk .25 miles to work" man

Originally posted by iamme

Want to know the best way to get my ass into the World Bank. I have a contact who works there, but he works in Brazilia :rolleyes:

Is it literally impossible to get in without some sort of Masters degree?? Any tips, advice, people i could talk to? anythings would be appreciated?

The World Bank is an awesome place to work but incredibly hard to get into. I am pretty sure you need at least a masters degree to work there - the people I know there got hired out of grad school.

I was there the other day and i will tell you they have the most awesome cafeteria in the world - they serve food from every freakin country!

:laugh: sorry

the :shaky: was for vic "im too lazy to walk .25 miles to work" man

Hmm... I could ask how my friend how she had gotten in but why would you want to work for that imperial globalist organization besides the money, of course.

Hmm... I could ask how my friend how she had gotten in but why would you want to work for that imperial globalist organization besides the money, of course.

and therein lies the answer. the money rocks the house. its a great salary, and its all take home pay. none of it is taxed.

Originally posted by silvershoes

The World Bank is an awesome place to work but incredibly hard to get into. I am pretty sure you need at least a masters degree to work there - the people I know there got hired out of grad school.

I was there the other day and i will tell you they have the most awesome cafeteria in the world - they serve food from every freakin country!

:werd: Would love to get in there!! Best friends father worked there all his life and he still loves it. Guess my ass should just go get my MBA...

The cafeteria in these types of places are money!! Father worked for the FAO (branch of UN) in Rome and their cafetria was ridiculous :drool:

and therein lies the answer. the money rocks the house. its a great salary, and its all take home pay. none of it is taxed.

DING DING DING!!! :D we have a winner!!! right on the money :aright:

oh, and i love to travel. I would go insane if my work was just in MD or DC

i would really appreciate it if you could do that :)

you can PM after youve talked to him/her :aright:

No problem... I'll see what I can do. Even though, I'm propagating the new world order with this favor. ;)

let me know too! Maybe i should go work for the world bank. although i dont beleive in anything they do, I may be able to sacrifice my morals for the money and travel. ;)

lots o' money and lots o' traveling is my dream job.

have you thought about working other places? maybe the U.S. gov't?

money and travel :drool:

hmm, gov't...been thinking about that as well. I guess it would be a good place to start. Not sure about what my best move would be. Gov't from my understanding doesnt pay too well, so it would be like a stepping stone (hopefully).

In the middle of rethinking my career, so im open to new ideas :)

money and travel :drool:

hmm, gov't...been thinking about that as well. I guess it would be a good place to start. Not sure about what my best move would be. Gov't from my understanding doesnt pay too well, so it would be like a stepping stone (hopefully).

In the middle of rethinking my career, so im open to new ideas :)

yeah but you can slack in a govmn't job. meaning you could have that govmn't job while going for a master's at the same time. whatever you do, don't go to the private sector, they will suck you dry.

Originally posted by vicman

their janitorial department also rotates janitors around all of their offices around the globe. last thing i knew my uncle was in north korea, cuba, zaire, iran and tajikistan.

someday you will have to fill your uncle's shoes. youve got a long way to go. someday. :tongue:

let me know too! Maybe i should go work for the world bank. although i dont beleive in anything they do, I may be able to sacrifice my morals for the money and travel. ;)

I sacrifice my morals for money every day. Anyone else want a job at the world bank? Going once... Going twice...

Originally posted by vicman

yeah but you can slack in a govmn't job. meaning you could have that govmn't job while going for a master's at the same time. whatever you do, don't go to the private sector, they will suck you dry.

You don't make any money in gov't. In public sector, you can bust your ass for a few years then get the hell out with some serious bling bling.