Clubplanet Nightlife Community

visit from Chicago this Fri and Sat... help 411

kimberlyco

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kimberlyco

I was thinking Lounge/smaller venue on Friday night and then Saturday going to big club. Chicago has big clubs and I want to see how Boston compares to us ;)

I love house music, but I know that is hard to find in other areas, even in chicago it is hard to find.

What is Q?

Well, pravda is a good-sized club. It's got a loungy area in the front, then a nice club with a pretty big dance floor and nice bars and DJ booth set-up in the back. It's not exactly Space, but it'll do the trick.

wow groovefire pluggin my shit...

good thing i let you smack me on the ass a couple of times last weekend, huh?

check out the roxy saturday, kim.

i can comp you guys on the guestlist.

just drop me an email roxyboston@hotmail.com

and i will give you more info.

i grew up in chicago, whereabouts do you live?

i lived on the north shore.

and the only club i have been to out there recently was kustom (not that recently, actually i think its closed now) and the afterhours white star.

rachel

Originally posted by groovefire

Pravda Friday will be good.

Avalon or Roxy Saturday, just so you can see the town's bigger clubs.

Btw, Nyis, your sig pic is pretty much where I went to high school...classic New England prep school shot you got there. ;)

Tool!!! You wore a tie to High School?

Originally posted by kaydup

Tool!!! You wore a tie to High School?

No normally, only required when travelling for football games, and at the luncheon we'd have after games. Yeah, we would play some other prep team, they would hand our ass to us, then we'd have to get all dressed up and eat with the team who just wiped the grass with us. Sucked.

Originally posted by kimberlyco

I was thinking Lounge/smaller venue on Friday night and then Saturday going to big club. Chicago has big clubs and I want to see how Boston compares to us ;)

I love house music, but I know that is hard to find in other areas, even in chicago it is hard to find.

you would think that would be a good idea, but every club in the city plays shite music on saturday unfortunatly. you could check out nailzy at avalon but i don't think he plays proper house music.

your best bet is the shameless party at pravda, the music will be insane, the room itself is beatiful...i think the capacity is probably around 800. debo is playing avalon fri. as well, capacity is more like 1,500 and access to smaller clubs inside.

then hit a bar/lounge sat. imo

Pravda this weekend will be great on both Friday and Saturday! This Friday Shameless (DJ SWAMY, Steven Lee aka Lee-Cabrera & Astro&Glyde) will be at Pravda with lighting by yours truely :D . Then Saturday night I'll be playing the opening set for Rick Naples ( :D again). It's just good, fun house music on both nights. Pravda is probably one of Boston's nicest clubs. Beautiful decor and a fun vibe. If you need a gueslist for any of those nights or have any questions, send me an email...grandoompa@yahoo.com and I'll get you guys taken care of.

PRAVDA 116

116 Boylston

Boston, MA

21+.

Proper dress, doors @ 10pm

Originally posted by grandoompa

Pravda this weekend will be good on both Friday and Saturday. This Friday Shameless (DJ SWAMY, Steven Lee aka Lee-Cabrera & Astro&Glyde) will be at Pravda with lighting by yours truely :D . Then Saturday night I'll be playing the opening set for Rick Naples ( :D again). Pravda is one probably one of Boston's nicest clubs. Beautiful decor and a fun vibe. If you need a gueslist for any of those nights or have any questions, send me an email...grandoompa@yahoo.com and I'll get you guys taken care of.

Look at you, promotin' n' shit, atta boy!

Originally posted by groovefire

Btw, Nyis, your sig pic is pretty much where I went to high school...classic New England prep school shot you got there. ;)

Where did you go?

I went to Kimball Union Academy in Meriden, NH my sophmore year. I got kicked out though, so then I ended up at Catholic School lol

OXOX