Clubplanet Nightlife Community

visit from Chicago this Fri and Sat... help 411

kimberlyco

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much for helping! I can't believe how much everyone has givin me info and lists so that we can have the best time possible. If you ever come to chicago please don't hesistate to ask for the same back.

Ras... I live on the north side, near Kustom actually, but yeah it closed down.

Originally posted by unclefester401

Hey NYis, I have the record in your avatar.

That's awesome! How's the record? Flavahomo has "This is Dirty Funker" - it's my favorite track right now. It's got a speak-and-spell voice that says, "This is Dirty Funker. Are You a Dirty Funker. I am a Dirty Funker" etc.

I'm a wicked sucker for robot vocals... now that is teccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by groovefire

You like 'Satisfaction' don't you fag? :rolleyes:

I don't even know what 'Satisfaction' is Toddenfold.

Hey, have you heard the Agent001 mix of Rod Stewart's 'If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy' song? I'm telling you this would KILL at a groovefire show. I played it for my musically un-savvy roomates at they loved it. Very gay, very good.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I don't even know what 'Satisfaction' is Toddenfold.

Hey, have you heard the Agent001 mix of Rod Stewart's 'If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy' song? I'm telling you this would KILL at a groovefire show. I played it for my musically un-savvy roomates at they loved it. Very gay, very good.

Yeah, Hoska's played it out, he loves all the Agent's shit...ZZ Top remix, etc.

@ Studio 3 this past time, Hoska dropped Blondie's Heart of Glass...not a remix, the original on vinyl, let it ride for about 2 minutes, then laid down a banging breakbeat underneath. Sick.

Not that is "very gay, very good". ;)

Originally posted by groovefire

Yeah, Hoska's played it out, he loves all the Agent's shit...ZZ Top remix, etc.

@ Studio 3 this past time, Hoska dropped Blondie's Heart of Glass...not a remix, the original on vinyl, let it ride for about 2 minutes, then laid down a banging breakbeat underneath. Sick.

Not that is "very gay, very good". ;)

Damn, I'd love to hear that Hooska mix. Pulling off something like that is ballsy.

I love the Agent001 shit too, but a LOT of it is waaaaaay too predictable. Step 1: Find a random 80's song. Step 2: Grab the hook-line vocal from said song. Step 3: Put a really dancable, big proggy beat underneath it with a hint of the synth from said 80's song. The beat doesn't really have to go anywhere or do anything, just make sure it rocks. Step 4: Send records to big DJs you know, wait to rake in the accolades.

Examples of this: 'Give me all your lovin' all your hugs and kisses too', Rod Stewart, Miami Vice, Peter Gabriel - 'Shock the Monkey', Miami Vice Theme.

Make sure you guys play the Rod Stewart mix for me next weekend :)