Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soulseek????

sobe2003

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djoscarg

dude....

Nick....

do you want a copy of the U2 bootleg?

I mean..just come out and ask me bro....damn...you don't have to beat around the bush with me!!!

it's under my Soulseek name...ROBBIN' HOOD

check it out O'Rilley

;)

lol, first off you owe me a track id, second off Jackie Johnson titties are out of control this morning:eek: and 3rd off i have all the u2 bootlegs... I got them from djs... :idea:

THE

SPIN

STOPS

HERE!

BTW, TOMMY BOY ISN'T A RIAA LABEL, SO WE CAN ALL GO DOWNLOAD THOSE TRACKS:tongue:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree Jackie Johnson was lookin damn fine on the tv this morning before I left work. :)

regarding the whole music debacle .. maybe if more people took the fabric route of doing cd's with subscriptions .. i know it may not work for everyone but I look forward to every 2 months get a new cd from a new fabric artist for $13 wtf would steal that shit .. its $13 delivered to my house from the UK in a shiny case. Craig Ricahrds / Terry Francis / Slam / Pure Science these are world class dj's people.

The demand is out there is there a distribution method for the music though?

Apple has sold how many million songs in 4 months? And they are only limited to the US. Digital Distribution will fuckin happen .. Hooj is doing it Kismet is doing it these are major independant labels that are giving this a chance.

So will the consumer continue to rip off the artist using whatever p2p of the week it is .. or will they pay a dollar to get that one single they really want .. we will have to wait and see as the music world turns.

Re: the issue of bootlegs .. maybe if labels weren't so dumb about not putting out remixes no one would have to bootleg it .. if the song is 20 years old and people dig it .. fucking put it out .. whats it going to do? create some intrest in your artist? hell sell the fuckin remix on your artist's website as an mp3 download and have the intrested dj/fan burn his own cd .. omg .. you just saved yourself some money .. cluephone .. its ringing .. latest stupidity by a label was the sander k mixes of hollywood which are absolutely fuckin wicked but are now in the hands of a few select dj's which have probably gotten them from sander himself. its a shame cause its a great remix and the label didnt want to put it out ..

ugh end rant i gotta go back to my # prompt.

Guest brwneydtrouble

So with Apple, it lets you buy indiviiidual songs, and put them together on a CD? Kinda like making your own mix, letting you buy each song indiviidually? Now THATS a good idea....one of the things that I hate about buying CDs is paying for crappy songs, fillers between the good songs on a overall mediocre CD.

Stryke, thats excellend advice from your grandfather, but I tend to think that the majority of problems are not quite as simple.

IN this case with downloading music, I'd use the Utility companies as an analogy.....

FPL is a monopoly. They control the demand AND supply of electricity to all homes throughout Florida. Some people decided that they wree paying too much money for their electrical service so they decided to steal power from FPL. Authorities found out and started cracking down. As a result (or an excuse) for the money they were losing, FPL decides to jack up the price of electricity even MORE, costing the people in general who still do pay for their electricity more money.

Now what?? Even more people are deciding that they are paying way too much money for electricity, resulting in more stolen power.

Yes, the people stealing the power are wrong, because stealing is wrong, but who is ultimately at fault for this happening in the first place? The authorties realize that if the electrical company did not charge such an exorbitant rate in the first place, OR provides consumers with different sources from which to choose their providers, then there would be more of a checks and balance, and not a monopoly.

I DECIDED THAT PUBLIX CHARGES TO MUCH SO I'M GONNA STEAL ALL MY FOOD

AND DESIEL JEANS ARE 2 EXPENSIVE SO I'M GONNA STEAL THOSE TOO!

AND TO TAKE A GIRL OUT ON A DATE 2 GET LAID IS TO EXPENSIVE SO I'M GONNA JUST CLUB HER ON THE HEAD AND DRAG HER HOME!

AND TAXES ARE TOO HIGH SO LETS OVER THROW THE GOVERNMENT!

FUCKED UP LOGIC ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Originally posted by aj2234

I DECIDED THAT PUBLIX CHARGES TO MUCH SO I'M GONNA STEAL ALL MY FOOD

AND DESIEL JEANS ARE 2 EXPENSIVE SO I'M GONNA STEAL THOSE TOO!

AND TO TAKE A GIRL OUT ON A DATE 2 GET LAID IS TO EXPENSIVE SO I'M GONNA JUST CLUB HER ON THE HEAD AND DRAG HER HOME!

AND TAXES ARE TOO HIGH SO LETS OVER THROW THE GOVERNMENT!

FUCKED UP LOGIC ALL OVER THE PLACE!

its things that people say to excuse their actions....:idea:

Oscar so u think its wrong that im listening to your essential mix as I type this? Like I said before, love the mix and many tracks on there. I seriously don't see what the big issue with listenin to a liveset is. Its just advertisement for the tracks and the dj, since nobody wants a copy of the tunes with pete tong, buster, or some girl speaking a language I don't understand talking over them. Rather what happens from me listening to that mix is wanting more and more for your album and next mix cd to come out, as well as planet funk's who u use a track from in there, and also to check out more of stryke's and andrew's production works.

Originally posted by southof5th

Hmm...

iTunes but for DJ mixes and singles...

don't know if it exists, but I'm willing to try. Who's with me? I'll build the site, need some help with contacting labels.

Yeah, I like the idea.

Perfect example - Domingo played this great track on Sunday called "Thru 2 U" by Echomen. Would love to get it but tell me where the hell am I going to find it as a single in CD format???

Originally posted by saleen351

Oscar claims those lenny kravitz white labels don't steal from the artist. So oscar did Bono get a check for every illegal white label printed and sold? If oscar g and other djs, didn't play u2 would the track be a hit and get sold? You are a facilitator for the stealing of the U2 track. How can you a person who puts out legit cds, play tracks you know the artist isn't getting his due on??

Why didn't Lenny or Bono get paid?? Becuase the artist (Bootlegger) never got paid. Why didn't the artist get paid?? Because you & millions of others downloaded the bootleg instead of buyin' it at the record store & the guy didn't make a penny.

The artist (bootlegger) steals from Lenny & you steal from the bootlegger. So just cut the Middle man out & steal from Lenny & Bono yourself. The world would be much more simpler this way... :laugh:

You make some good points Nick. Some are a bit exaggerated, but you do always make a debate interesting...

Originally posted by livin42nite

Oscar so u think its wrong that im listening to your essential mix as I type this? Like I said before, love the mix and many tracks on there. I seriously don't see what the big issue with listenin to a liveset is. Its just advertisement for the tracks and the dj, since nobody wants a copy of the tunes with pete tong, buster, or some girl speaking a language I don't understand talking over them. Rather what happens from me listening to that mix is wanting more and more for your album and next mix cd to come out, as well as planet funk's who u use a track from in there, and also to check out more of stryke's and andrew's production works.

Ok...when you guys refer to live sets I was under the impression you meant sets recorded from clubs (without permission) that make it on to the web all the time (mine included)

As far as radio shows that is a different animal...Essential Mixes , for example, are available to everyone online at the RADIO 1 website....the artists on these mixes are receiving performance royalties for being in the mix...which is fine

I dont have an issue with radio....at all.....I was talking about live sets that are recorded in several of the world's clubs, without permission and then put on the web..

so anyway...I agree with you;)

Ok...when you guys refer to live sets I was under the impression you meant sets recorded from clubs (without permission) that make it on to the web all the time (mine included)

As far as radio shows that is a different animal...Essential Mixes , for example, are available to everyone online at the RADIO 1 website....the artists on these mixes are receiving performance royalties for being in the mix...which is fine

I dont have an issue with radio....at all.....I was talking about live sets that are recorded in several of the world's clubs, without permission and then put on the web..

so i'm not a criminal

Good to hear u agree, and as far as those other livesets you are talking about well usually the quality is really bad, so it makes the download not worth it. Now if only you could get back to the email I sent u or it might have been a pm.

Guest saleen351

Biz, the fact that a dj plays those bootlegs is the problem, they know they ain't legal and they know the bootlegger is making money off of it, perfect example was Billy Joel. Track made robbie tronco a lot of money and got people talking about him. He didn't make much money if any off the remix, but he got booked all over and got payed to play it at the clubs. Thus stealing. I always bring up Pauls Boutique, that whole album ripped off artists.

Now back to what oscar said about live sets, who would know they were secretly recorded??? Only a hand ful of people but the rest of the people on earth would have no idea. Then you get into radio sets, whats the deal on those? How about the sets i download from denny's page? what about dj mixes i'm given all the time at clubs? Can i rip them and share them???? EDUCATE US DON'T LOCK UP 12 YEARS OLDS!!

It's really an easy answer to a simple problem..

lower prices, let us buy song for song and release stuff when we hear it in the clubs, not when it's 4 months later...

Perfect example - Domingo played this great track on Sunday called "Thru 2 U" by Echomen. Would love to get it but tell me where the hell am I going to find it as a single in CD format???

hooj.com should have it either on cdm format or as a download for 1 pound. for you creative dj likes you can even buy the acapella at the hoojapella part of hooj.com :)

hooj is definitely thinking forward on this.