Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Man Dies On SF's Club's Dance Floor

Taken from another board:

DAILY NEWS

A 21 YEA OLD NJ MAN DIED EARLY YESTERDAY MORNING AFTER COLLAPSING ON THE DANCE FLOOR OF A POPULAR MIDTOWN NIGHTCLUB POLICE SAID.

MICHAEL SPANO OF ROSELLE PARK NJ WAS OUT WITH SEVERAL FRIENDS AT THE SF NIGHTCLUB ON W46ST STREET WHEN HE FELL UNCONSIOUS AND DROPPED TO THE FLOOR JUST AFTER 2AM POLICE SAID.

HIS FRINEDS CALLED 911 AND PARAMEDICS RUSHED SPANO TO ST CLAIR HOSPITAL WHERE HE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD SOON AFTER ARRIVAL.

SPANOS FAMILY TOLD INVESTIGATORS THAT HE HAD BEEN TAKING MEDICATION FOR A BLOOD DISORDER AND AN ENLARGED HEART POLICE SAID. THERE WERE NO SIGNES OF TRAUMA. THE AUTOPSY WILL BE PERFORMED TO DETERMAIN THE EXACT CAUSE OF DEATH.

THE SF A 30,000 SQUARE FOOT FOUR LEVEL CLUB WITH SMOKE MACHINES AND A MILLION DOLLAR SOUND SYSTEM HAS BEEN THE TARGET OF SEVERAL RECENT POLICE RAIDS THAT CRACKED DOWN ON DRUG SALES INCLUDING A LARGE ECTASY BUY AND BUST THIS PAST FEB.

CALLS TO THE CLUB FOR COMMENT WERE NOT ANSWERED.

I like how the press just automatically includes how the club (with big evil smoke machines) was the target of ecstacy raids, without the story even being related to it - like, they *imply* that the dude died from an E overdose even though his family outright states he had medical problems :rolleyes:

Sucks, though :( Then again, I guess if you gotta go, you may as well do it in the middle of the music!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I like how the press just automatically includes how the club (with big evil smoke machines) was the target of ecstacy raids, without the story even being related to it - like, they *imply* that the dude died from an E overdose even though his family outright states he had medical problems :rolleyes:

Sucks, though :( Then again, I guess if you gotta go, you may as well do it in the middle of the music!

clear your Pm pls grazie mille

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

No shit...no matter what happenes at SF its gonna bring about the"bad press" ie ..drug raids..

I havent been back there since 99-00...dont ever plan on going back

and as far as if u gotta go you may as well do it in the middle of the music...that is dumbest thing I have ever heard..

someone died(that suks).....i am sure no one wants to die in a dirty club...and end up a statistic of a clubs bad press...

:(

Originally posted by mangledx

and as far as if u gotta go you may as well do it in the middle of the music...that is dumbest thing I have ever heard..

someone died(that suks).....i am sure no one wants to die in a dirty club...and end up a statistic of a clubs bad press...

I never said it didn't suck that he died. My statement was more to the effect that if you've got to go, you may as well go doing something you like. Who the hell cares what statistic you become then? you're dead, fool.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Taken from another board:

DAILY NEWS

A 21 YEA OLD NJ MAN DIED EARLY YESTERDAY MORNING AFTER COLLAPSING ON THE DANCE FLOOR OF A POPULAR MIDTOWN NIGHTCLUB POLICE SAID.

MICHAEL SPANO OF ROSELLE PARK NJ WAS OUT WITH SEVERAL FRIENDS AT THE SF NIGHTCLUB ON W46ST STREET WHEN HE FELL UNCONSIOUS AND DROPPED TO THE FLOOR JUST AFTER 2AM POLICE SAID.

HIS FRINEDS CALLED 911 AND PARAMEDICS RUSHED SPANO TO ST CLAIR HOSPITAL WHERE HE WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD SOON AFTER ARRIVAL.

SPANOS FAMILY TOLD INVESTIGATORS THAT HE HAD BEEN TAKING MEDICATION FOR A BLOOD DISORDER AND AN ENLARGED HEART POLICE SAID. THERE WERE NO SIGNES OF TRAUMA. THE AUTOPSY WILL BE PERFORMED TO DETERMAIN THE EXACT CAUSE OF DEATH.

THE SF A 30,000 SQUARE FOOT FOUR LEVEL CLUB WITH SMOKE MACHINES AND A MILLION DOLLAR SOUND SYSTEM HAS BEEN THE TARGET OF SEVERAL RECENT POLICE RAIDS THAT CRACKED DOWN ON DRUG SALES INCLUDING A LARGE ECTASY BUY AND BUST THIS PAST FEB.

CALLS TO THE CLUB FOR COMMENT WERE NOT ANSWERED.

What media outlet would be the source of this information?

Hey Brian 1500 Moderator who are those love ladies in your pic?? The one in the directly in middle with the white and purple t-shirt on is 3 words ...

De ...

Lic ...

ious...

You can probably bounce a quarter off her ass and stomach ...

Wayne ( DJ WET )

Forked River, N.J.

Originally posted by vsoto212

Lets have a little respect for this guy everyone. A man died and a few people said he did this and that. Well to tell everyone the truth my friend knows the kid and he did have a bad heart. The kid collasped on his girlfriends arms.

Victor Soto

and regardless of if he did 'this or that' its never 'rite' for someone to die to 'teach people a lesson' and its sure as hell dosnt make it any less tragic for his family.

..but honestly like somebody else said, if i had to go, i couldnt think of many better places i could pick then rite in a club - call me sick, but i'd take it over taking my last breath in a hospital bed, or in the back of an ambulance...

Originally posted by mangledx

No shit...no matter what happenes at SF its gonna bring about the"bad press" ie ..drug raids..

I havent been back there since 99-00...dont ever plan on going back

agreed.. i can't imagine how people would say they can't think of a better place to go.. just totally beyond me...

While all of us will face death, it comes too soon to us all. Even though others knew this man was ill, there are people grieving this man's passing as coming prematurely.

I pause and pray for his friends and family during this tough time. Net, I will be extra sure to love my friends and family today.

Excuse me, everyone but this is a human life we're talking about..

I happen to be friends with the family and he did NOT overdose.

And it is QUITE annoying to me that is is on the FRONT PAGE of CP and they try to INFER that he died of an OD just bc he was at SF..

Now, when the truth comes out, and the medical examiner says that he didn't die of an OD, Is CP going to print the CORRECTION on the FRONT PAGE?

i think not.! it's a disgrace

Rest in Peace Michael

and God Bless his Family