Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dinner and lounges

stillpartyin

Hey Miami, coming down last week of September. Havent been down for year and a half. I'd appreciate if someone could name some good restaurants that become cool lounges/clubs at night. Last time we were down we hit Rumi and Opium. Are those still good? Money isnt really a concern.. just looking for a place where we can eat and then hang out afterward. Also, what other non-Crobar type of clubs are hot now? We're staying at the Shore Club so of course we'll hit Mynt.. What else?

Big NY thanks in advance!

Stillpartyin...

Originally posted by stillpartyin

Hey Miami, coming down last week of September. Havent been down for year and a half. I'd appreciate if someone could name some good restaurants that become cool lounges/clubs at night. Last time we were down we hit Rumi and Opium. Are those still good? Money isnt really a concern.. just looking for a place where we can eat and then hang out afterward. Also, what other non-Crobar type of clubs are hot now? We're staying at the Shore Club so of course we'll hit Mynt.. What else?

Big NY thanks in advance!

Stillpartyin...

Forget about Mynt... it's closed for renovations till mid October. Check Tantra, Pearl, BED, Opium, La Piaggia and Touch.

You can find more info here. :D

What do they know.

Opium is open for the forseeable future.

BTW, check out La Factoria, attached to Opium, it's a fantastic restaurant at a reasonable price. I know money isn't a concern, but still, you can save some money for drinks and such later on.

Originally posted by pod

What do they know.

BTW, check out La Factoria, attached to Opium, it's a fantastic restaurant at a reasonable price. I know money isn't a concern, but still, you can save some money for drinks and such later on.

I second this opinion. This is my fave restaurant on SOBE. Reasonable priced, fabulous food, great atmosphere and great service.

Dining:

You're at the Shore Club, so you might as well go downstairs and eat at Nobu. Then hang out at Skybar for a couple of drinks before heading out. I mean, you're already there, you might as well make use of it. I heard Ago (also inside Shore) got so-so reviews. Bond St. is next door at Townhouse. Talula recently opened across the street from Nerve. Rumi on Lincoln. Factoria, then Shoji just down the street from it are also great bets.

Originally posted by pod

What do they know.

The owner's name is "Esi" (like a-c but "a" is very short), ask him or his brother "Ali" for 20% discount card (forever) for food and drinks.

La Factoria is good place to hang out (after 11:00 PM) from Thursday to Sunday.

I live right across the street. ;)

Originally posted by sunnyhost

What type of food to La Piagga, La Factoria and Rumi have??? Ab how much is each of these places per person?

Thanks 4 the info!

P.S: Where is La Piagga? can;t find any info on it =/ How's the vibe there after dinner?

La Piaggia is on the opposite side of Nikki Beach, on South Pointe. Food is good but very pricey....french cuisine....blah!...oh! and I left out a small detail ..you can't get in unless you are invited cuz it's private. :rolleyes:

i'm confused.. is the restaurant attached to Opium called Prive or Factoria? also, can you get right into the club at Opium from dinner or are they completely seperate...

we're looking for places where we can have dinner and then hang out afterward.. We're staying at the Shore Club and i know they might have some pull for us, but you know how it can be when 5 guys try to get into places without knowing somebody.

and oh, i made a mistake.. we're going down end of October, not September.. thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by erickamikaze

But in all seriousness, Next Cafe on Lincoln Rd. is a great place. Huge portions for reasonable. great for a relaxing lunch.

Nexxt is awesome. I love that place. I have been dying to go to Touch.....

On Sunday nights, Van Dyks has a live brazilian Jazz band that is incredible for a slightly different feel.

La Factoria is separate from Opiumbut somehow the owners/managers are connected. I cant remember how but I'm sure Pod can fill us in on this one. Entrees range from $10-30 and there is a yummy steak sandwich for only $8. Drinks are strong and reasonable. They serve allkinds of food...salad, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, steak..all yummy.

You can sit outside and judge when you want to get in line for Opium based on the crowd.

Lots of fun and I guarantee you go back a 2nd time.

If you get a waiter named Dimitri, tell him Carisa and Manny from LA sent you. :D But just make sure he understands what you order...make him repeat it back to you. LOL

Oh we had a blast watching the schleps go into Opium that Saturday...they had some singles party in Privé, and the type of people going in were just plain funny.

Nexxt is fun, but damn the portions are huge!

I take it you are Carisa?

Originally posted by pod

Oh we had a blast watching the schleps go into Opium that Saturday...they had some singles party in Privé, and the type of people going in were just plain funny.

Nexxt is fun, but damn the portions are huge!

I take it you are Carisa?

Yes, I am Carisa. I'm not from LA (I live in Boca) but every time my friend Manny (from LA) comes in town we eat there at least twice. I have yet to go to Opium but I love to watch the crowd gather and see the attitudes grow. LOL

I was at La Factoria when The Hilton Sisters were at Opium, that crowd was ridiculous. LOL

Looking forward to meeting you at Nerve on Friday! :D

Originally posted by stillpartyin

i'm confused.. is the restaurant attached to Opium called Prive or Factoria? also, can you get right into the club at Opium from dinner or are they completely seperate...

we're looking for places where we can have dinner and then hang out afterward.. We're staying at the Shore Club and i know they might have some pull for us, but you know how it can be when 5 guys try to get into places without knowing somebody.

and oh, i made a mistake.. we're going down end of October, not September.. thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Opium has its own restaurant at second floor (next by Prive room).

The restaurant called "La Factoria" is on street level and next by the Opium/Prive complex.

The only way for 5 guys (w/o knowing anybody at the door) to get in Opium/Prive complex is to go earlier (around 11ish) and have a table.

Or you call Opium to make a dinner reservation for 5 people.

PS: If you are staying in Shore Club you can also have dinner at Nobu and afterwards hang out at Skybar.