Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Officialy Saying It! Oscar If You Play

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

70/80'S MUSIC INSTEAD OF CLASSICS AT THE UP AND COMMING STUDIO 34 NIGHT, YOU WILL OFFICIALY BE OFF MY TOP DJ LIST FOR 1 YEAR AND MAYBE LIFE...

NO DJS ON MY LIST CAN PLAY 80'S / DISCO. THE CLUB SCENE HAS ERRODED INTO GARBAGE WHEREAS THE TOP MIAMI JOCK IS PLAYING DISCO AND 80'S POP GARBAGE!!!!! INSTEAD OF LP GIVING YOU A PAYCHECK, JUST HAVE HIM KICK YOU IN THE BALLS....

MIAMI MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*please note, i'm only posting this in preparation of the disaster. If they do play classic house i'll be there supporting my #2 guy, but one disco track and he's done!!!!!!!!!!! BTW same goes for roland... Or any dj that plays this crap!!!! The Frat party scene is for lauderdale not space....

and mr rivera, since i know you read this board (and post too) you have a shot at taking over my #2 dj spot when you play NV....

Sorry guys, i supported you guys too long, i no longer can support this shit you guys call clubbing... Have some balls and say no to disco and 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not trying to mean or a dick, but mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn look in the mirror, this is what clubbing has become? ITS A FREAKING JOKE!

maybe with dade running the show on 11st and nv kicking it up a notch, maybe, just maybe i can hear some real tunes and classics...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by themrs

This is too funny.

Classics......80's.........Disco.............SAME SHIT!

It's all old music.

Get over it.

classic house is the same as disco?

Did you hit the pipe this morning before work?

So is Din Da Da - George Krantz the same as the bee gees sat night fever??

i'm not hating on disco and 80's, i love the bee gees and 80's but it has no place during HOUSE SESSIONS!!!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

classic house is the same as disco?

Did you hit the pipe this morning before work?

So is Din Da Da - George Krantz the same as the bee gees sat night fever??

i'm not hating on disco and 80's, i love the bee gees and 80's but it has no place during HOUSE SESSIONS!!!!!

No sweetie, I don't mean it's the same music literally.

But it's all old music. It's all considered "classic."

50's music is classic too.

I just mean it's all old in general. Not specifically the same type of music.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rcrespo

i have one name for you .. giorgio moroder .. the man made house disco and the soundtrack to scarface .. someone should play his music on saturday b/c it will appeal to everyone. :)

disco house is still house, but there is no house in staying alive...

i have plenty of disco house, spllier groovejet being my favorite disco house tune, but i also like opera house but it's dead just like disco house....

How about letting the DJ just play some good tunes? Classics, as themrs noted, means older music that is still cherrished by some in modern times.

There would be no "classic house" sound without Disco, and there would be no Disco without 60s Motown and Classic Soul. In northern England they were playing American R&B "classics" in the 60s-70s and billing it as Northern Soul. Some people see it as a precursor to the Acid House movement of the late 80s. Some of those parties would last all night, and the DJs would sometimes play the most obscure, hard to find records.

So truthfully, to understand todays House music you can play classics from all types of genres from Reggae, to Hip Hop, to Disco, to High Energy, New Wave, Funk, Tropical, etc, along with 80s and 90s "Classic House". It just really all depends on the flow of the set. Keep an open mind, otherwise you're setting yourself up for that "frat boy" mentality you were dissing.

I can handle the Disco....it's the 80's that I can't go for....it would remind me of every little hole in the wall club back home in the burbs of Chicago...each of them had their little retro 80's nights....although the drinks were always cheap....50 cent beers....I don't think space is going to serve up the fifty centers.

Disco is alright...but bring back the Funk of the 70's and its a party....should be Funk-Soul-Disco....no 80's!!!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

i have plenty of disco house, spllier groovejet being my favorite disco house tune

Yeah I got a lot of disco house vinyl from about 4 years ago...I have that Spiller Groovejet on wax...and a bunch more...Earth, Wind and Fire's Sept. etc. You're right that sound is dead.

Originally posted by lyrik

I can handle the Disco....it's the 80's that I can't go for....it would remind me of every little hole in the wall club back home in the burbs of Chicago...each of them had their little retro 80's nights....although the drinks were always cheap....50 cent beers....I don't think space is going to serve up the fifty centers.

Disco is alright...but bring back the Funk of the 70's and its a party....should be Funk-Soul-Disco....no 80's!!!!!

:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

How about letting the DJ just play some good tunes? Classics, as themrs noted, means older music that is still cherrished by some in modern times.

There would be no "classic house" sound without Disco, and there would be no Disco without 60s Motown and Classic Soul. In northern England they were playing American R&B "classics" in the 60s-70s and billing it as Northern Soul. Some people see it as a precursor to the Acid House movement of the late 80s. Some of those parties would last all night, and the DJs would sometimes play the most obscure, hard to find records.

So truthfully, to understand todays House music you can play classics from all types of genres from Reggae, to Hip Hop, to Disco, to High Energy, New Wave, Funk, Tropical, etc, along with 80s and 90s "Classic House". It just really all depends on the flow of the set. Keep an open mind, otherwise you're setting yourself up for that "frat boy" mentality you were dissing.

wow, talk about spinning a thread. You make little sense. If it's a retro night or a classics night and the night is called HOUSE SESSIONS FOR 52 WEEKS OUT OF THE YEAR, THEN YOU HAVE HOUSE CLASSICS SESSIONS!! That simple, your history lesson doesn't mean a thing to me... You can trace every type of music back to the begining of time. The modern day club and clubber is based on house from late 80's till 1998, then shit feel apart.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by guyman1966

If this will be a "disco" night.... when will you have Elvis night?

I'm holding out for Yanni night........

yeah have to agree with saleen...disco just won't do...there is no current disco revival in process so no need to go to disco...waste of a night

how the hell are people supposed to dance to disco??? it's boring music

why not have an acid-house night instead??? that would be fucking awesome....play all the old chicago tunes...pure acciiiiiid....

put up a huge smiley on the wall or something