Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bartenders never ever

fearlesss

1st let me say I use to bartend/waiter so let me say do not count your tips infront of the person that hands you it. I am not talking about a bill ,this a straight tip. It's tacky.

Am i wrong to piss a little annoyed about it ?

Let me explain: About a yr ago i used to go to bar that has since closed. But there was a bartender (marissa)I liked (both just plain liked and was interested in). Anyway i never really pursued said bartender went to clubs a couple times drove her home once. She gets a job @ a bar (5th) I rarely go to b/c the other bar closes. so present I go to the 5th for the 1st time is in about 7 months tonight. marissa is working and makes very small talk ( which is understand able since I have not really talk to her since the other bar closed) I have a beer and then she gives me 2nd on house. She closes the side I am on (another room) goes to clock out. So I go the washroom and she checking the side I was on and i hand her a tip of $5 (thinking she charged me for 2 beers,) and she gives me hug, says to call her sometime (do not have her new #) askes if going to another bar as she counts my tip and says omg. (mind that she was off the clock and could not have realized what she was doing).

I never been so insulted ( I 've always tipped well wether it her or some1 else but she should know me better than that) At least she remembers my name. i'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time.

i dont even need to read this to know what ur talking about.... i neverrrr everrrr count my tips that someone gave me right in front of them... 1/2 the time i leave it there till they get up and walk away... i just think its rude... unless im busy and i need to keep the bar clean or i need singles for the register when we're running low on change thats when i merely pick up the tips that a person leaves me..... bartending etiquette: if ur a bartender... LEARN IT!

Originally posted by fearlesss

1st let me say I use to bartend/waiter so let me say do not count your tips infront of the person that hands you it. I am not talking about a bill ,this a straight tip. It's tacky.

Am i wrong to piss a little annoyed about it ?

Let me explain: About a yr ago i used to go to bar that has since closed. But there was a bartender (marissa)I liked (both just plain liked and was interested in). Anyway i never really pursued said bartender went to clubs a couple times drove her home once. She gets a job @ a bar (5th) I rarely go to b/c the other bar closes. so present I go to the 5th for the 1st time is in about 7 months tonight. marissa is working and makes very small talk ( which is understand able since I have not really talk to her since the other bar closed) I have a beer and then she gives me 2nd on house. She closes the side I am on (another room) goes to clock out. So I go the washroom and she checking the side I was on and i hand her a tip of $5 (thinking she charged me for 2 beers,) and she gives me hug, says to call her sometime (do not have her new #) askes if going to another bar as she counts my tip and says omg. (mind that she was off the clock and could not have realized what she was doing).

I never been so insulted ( I 've always tipped well wether it her or some1 else but she should know me better than that) At least she remembers my name. i'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time.

Just wondering...Are you illiterate?

Originally posted by mattm2o

I just hate when bartenders make up prices so they can make an extra buck. If the service is good most people are gonna tip you decent there is no reason to get greedy.

Places I go often, when people do that (and i know it), I tip em like a quarter above the price, fuck'em.