Is Space34 Shutting Down?

spacious

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

i apologize if my post made it seem like space was closing this weekend. But i stand behind what i posted....

All I am saying is get some legal help and do some research before you post something that is so significant. Shutting down a club is not that easy. The Cameo (now Crobar), Level, Iguana Kendall and many other Miami clubs have been raided and never shut down. We are not getting shut down. However, that is not to say that we might not shut down ourselves due to all the negative media press and Big Brother having a hard on for night clubs and dance music. We don't need to be operating in this kind of hostile environment. My family left Cuba because of communism and this is begining to feel like it all over again.

Fight for your right to dance.

LP

Originally posted by spacious

i apologize if my post made it seem like space was closing this weekend. But i stand behind what i posted....

All I am saying is get some legal help and do some research before you post something that is so significant. Shutting down a club is not that easy. The Cameo (now Crobar), Level, Iguana Kendall and many other Miami clubs have been raided and never shut down. We are not getting shut down. However, that is not to say that we might not shut down ourselves due to all the negative media press and Big Brother having a hard on for night clubs and dance music. We don't need to be operating in this kind of hostile environment. My family left Cuba because of communism and this is begining to feel like it all over again.

Fight for your right to dance.

LP

this is so true. if most of us come to USA to have a better life, to be succesful, i believe things like this are just not right. yet, this is the so called "country of the free" ? mmhh. i dont know anymore, really.

all the best.

Originally posted by spacious

We don't need to be operating in this kind of hostile environment. My family left Cuba because of communism and this is begining to feel like it all over again.

Cry me a fu*ken River! If it is so bad here go back to Cuba!

:idea: Here's an idea.... make sure your employees and partners obey the law.

You posted before about how many people depend on your club for income to support themselves and families. It is up to YOU to make sure that everything is Kosher inside YOUR HOUSE.

I do hope for the sake of the many good folks @ Space that things work out and the club stays open. But a big FU*K YOU to L.P. for dissing the very country that has given him freedom and the opportunity to make a very, very, very nice living.

Originally posted by guyman1966

Cry me a fu*ken River! If it is so bad here go back to Cuba!

:idea: Here's an idea.... make sure your employees and partners obey the law.

You posted before about how many people depend on your club for income to support themselves and families. It is up to YOU to make sure that everything is Kosher inside YOUR HOUSE.

I do hope for the sake of the many good folks @ Space that things work out and the club stays open. But a big FU*K YOU to L.P. for dissing the very country that has given him freedom and the opportunity to make a very, very, very nice living.

So just cause he has been able to make a nice living here he has no right to be upset with the way the government has been with the dance scene? I'm glad to be living here right now, but there are plenty of things i can complain about as there are everywhere. Luckily though the united states is a country where people can make those complaints and speak out on certain issues without having to fear.

Originally posted by livin42nite

So just cause he has been able to make a nice living here he has no right to be upset with the way the government has been with the dance scene? I'm glad to be living here right now, but there are plenty of things i can complain about as there are everywhere. Luckily though the united states is a country where people can make those complaints and speak out on certain issues without having to fear.

What are we talking about here? I'm against the Rave laws but I support the Government coming down hard on a club owner that had 14 arrests due to drug sales in one bust in his house.

I wouldn't go that far, guyman...

What LP was trying to get across was that he came to this country seeking freedom, which he got...but now he sees it being usurped by a crazed government...slippery slope theory...they take away the freedoms bit by bit, until you can't do anything...

They took away the rights of criminals,

and I was silent,

because I am not a criminal.

They took away the rights of those suspected of crime,

and I said nothing,

for I was not suspected of a crime.

They took away the rights of those likely to commit crime

and I ignored them,

for how could anyone think I would commit a crime?

They took away the rights of those related to those who committed crimes,

and since none of my relatives commit crimes,

I turned away.

Then they took my rights…

Originally posted by pod

What LP was trying to get across was that he came to this country seeking freedom, which he got...but now he sees it being usurped by a crazed government...slippery slope theory...they take away the freedoms bit by bit, until you can't do anything...

and I was silent,

and I said nothing,

and I ignored them,

I turned away.

the problem is that like idiots we pay taxes and live how they tell us to....instead of getting up and saying hey we pay for shit around here wit those taxes....we think it should be more like this!!!!!

but for the most part we sit back and let them take away our rights slowly but surely!!!!!!!

we need a petition!!!!!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by pod

I understand your point and do not entirely disagree with you. My point is that under LP's watch bad shit went down in his house. Now, instead of being a man and taking responsibility, he wants to compare the US to Cuba. I am an educated man and will not support or ignore that bullshit.

(Do you think I have a chance of LP giving me comps for Space 34?) LOL

Originally posted by pod

and I was silent,

and I said nothing,

and I ignored them,

I turned away.

:werd:

Guyman seriously tell me one club anywhere in the world where the owner can control thousand's of people at getting intoxicated at different peroids through the evening, It is not

physically fucking possible despite the best security measures around.

Bottom line is the clubs that last through all this political bullshit are going to have to spend more money on security and drug prevention than the actual club itself just to keep the heat off their asses.

Getting into your favorite hot spot is gonna be like going through several check points at the airport, Can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: