Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The rise and fall of MCCXXIII/Spank

dcsocialdiva

Which DC nightclubs rule your nights?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which DC nightclubs rule your nights?

• Nation
    • Five
    • Mie N Yu
    • Red
    • Andalu
    • 18th Street Lounge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

defense would like to call their first witness . . .

Originally posted by sauvee88

No Egg was actually there - I believe he's referring to the first weekend I was in town. I remember that night!!

your honor, in light of the overwhelming evidence, i recommend that all charges be dropped and the accusers be arrested for their false allegations . . .

Originally posted by eggmok

defense would like to call their first witness . . .

your honor, in light of the overwhelming evidence, i recommend that all charges be dropped and the accusers be arrested for their false allegations . . .

Your honor, I would like to call into question the credibility of this witness. He is a known princess and prone to high maintainabilty every time he goes out. I request all his testimony to be stricken from the records.

Hmm... I just played Spank last Friday, and to be quite honest I felt that the place has come a long way since it opened. I too used to have a problem with the Security, Promoters, etc... but I deff. feel like shit is changing because of the promoters realizing the direction the dc nightlife is heading in. If people who like to dance and hear good music in an intimate and up close atsmosphere then Spank is one of those places to check out, but if you want to hear big room beats in a place that can hold a shit load of people, consider Nation, 5, home, platinum etc... I guess it all depends on the type of music you want to hear, how you want to dress, who you know :) etc... There are way too many variables involved in DC's nightlife to write a review about a spot unless you attend it for a month straight and monitor the differences in each night. I could be wrong!

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Your honor, I would like to call into question the credibility of this witness. He is a known princess and prone to high maintainabilty every time he goes out. I request all his testimony to be stricken from the records.

i strenously object your honor, the prosecution is clearly trying to smear the witness's reputation. the simple fact that the witness is a known princess doesn't dismiss the fact that the witness was there on the night in question and saw mr. eggmok getting busy on the dancefloor . . .

Originally posted by mikehaddad

Hmm... I just played Spank last Friday, and to be quite honest I felt that the place has come a long way since it opened. I too used to have a problem with the Security, Promoters, etc... but I deff. feel like shit is changing because of the promoters realizing the direction the dc nightlife is heading in. If people who like to dance and hear good music in an intimate and up close atsmosphere then Spank is one of those places to check out, but if you want to hear big room beats in a place that can hold a shit load of people, consider Nation, 5, home, platinum etc... I guess it all depends on the type of music you want to hear, how you want to dress, who you know :) etc... There are way too many variables involved in DC's nightlife to write a review about a spot unless you attend it for a month straight and monitor the differences in each night. I could be wrong!

i think you misspelled "Ramirez" on you sig.

i strenously object your honor, the prosecution is clearly trying to smear the witness's reputation. the simple fact that the witness is a known princess doesn't dismiss the fact that the witness was there on the night in question and saw mr. eggmok getting busy on the dancefloor . . .

I demand the chair for Mr. Eggmok AND his witnesses!

your honor, i'd like to call my final witness, madam millie . . .

I object! It has been well documented that Madam Millie has the worst memory ever observed in a human being. For the record, I'd like to note that the speaker box would be able to provide a more accurate account of the night's events than Madam Millie's memory.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Raver is also a witness.

You see this was the evening of A1's going away party... THAT's how long ago...

your honor, i would also like to call the witness's witness, ravermania. i would like the record to show that the accusers have no witness or evidence to support these outrageous allegations. my client, mr. eggmok, is innocent until proven guilty and would like to state for the record that the prosecution's intent is to smear mr. eggmok's good standing reputation in this community. he is clearly innocent . . .

your honor, i would also like to call the witness's witness, ravermania. i would like the record to show that the accusers have no witness or evidence to support these outrageous allegations. my client, mr. eggmok, is innocent until proven guilty and would like to state for the record that the prosecution's intent is to smear mr. eggmok's good standing reputation in this community. he is clearly innocent . . .

Your honor, the prosecution rests. I ask that death by lethal injection be administered in a setting open to the public so that all may learn from Mr. Eggmok's mistakes.